Techmoan Mat's new favourite dashcam

with wifi and automatic cloud uploads.
Add bluetooth data transmission between cameras and DVR and wireless OTA power transmission to all units and we have a winner. :D

Add bluetooth data transmission between cameras and DVR and wireless OTA power transmission to all units and we have a winner. :D

And all for under $250 ;)

I thought bluetooth and wifi were the same. What is the difference besides colored toothpaste?

And all for under $250 ;)

I think it will be < $80.

AR0331+96650/96655 combo

AR0330 Vs. AR0331 starting @ 02:03 ...

Source: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43734544654 , https://www.aptina.com/products/image_sensors/
T2F19fX50aXXXXXXXX_!!433131240.png

The $250 was referring to the 4 channel, remote DVR, Bluetooth and WiFi, with automatic cloud uploads wish list camera.

I would be interested to see what the AR0331 could do in a mobius though.

I'm not sure but wasn't the AR0331 in the Marcus 3 & 5 and didn't put in the most stellar performance compared to a lot of cameras from now?

Actually saying that I've checked the firmware and it says AR0330.

The AR0331 is capable of "1080P 60 FPS in both linear and WDR" ( the OV4689 can do 30 fps HDR only).

The X5 ( Ausek AT-07F) may have the AR0331+NTK96655 combo ( odd 1920*1440@30fps feature because of the AR0331's limitation?). A short 1080p/60fps sample video ...

The $250 was referring to the 4 channel, remote DVR, Bluetooth and WiFi, with automatic cloud uploads wish list camera.

I would be interested to see what the AR0331 could do in a mobius though.

They can even sell just the upgraded "circuit board" for say ... $50.

I want him to test the Sony FDR-X1000V, and then when he is done with it send it to me for safe keeping :p

this is a common public model, can't say I've seen anyone using it with the AR0331 though

The videos do suggest " High Wide Dynamic Range (HWDR)" ;) not "WDR" (AR330).

I wonder if E-Prance's LS650W comes with the AR0331 or the AR0330.

I want him to test the Sony FDR-X1000V, and then when he is done with it send it to me for safe keeping :p

Note the heading of this thread - he is keeping it :D.

I'll be surprised if it's anything > $100.

Not available yet is an interesting detail. Hopefully it has a capacitor, is less than $150 USD and has comparable video quality to a Sony IMX322 sensor with a reasonable form factor.

Wonder when he will post more information. Sounds as though it should be within the next week or so.

See how it pans out, some of the cameras he's liked in the past have performed well during the short test period but have turned out to be flaky over the longer term, he does always mention that longer testing is needed to be able to vouch for reliability

True.
In my opinion you need to run a dashcam for a year at least to determine if it have a chance of fulfilling its role, i would guesstimate that 3 hour recording every day on average is fair to expect, and a winter period of 3 months where the camera get exposed to 0 Deg C or lower temperatures, and a simmilar summer period where a camera get exposed to the 70-80 Deg C inside car temperatures every day.
This however is a lengthy process that i am not sure if dashcam makers run on ther models, at least not for a real 365 day period, or a simulated shortet time with 2-3 "days" every 24 hour.

I think most extrapolate what the camera can do based on component specs, and then a shortet test period in closed test closet where extremes can be simulated.

I think most extrapolate what the camera can do based on component specs, and then a shortet test period in closed test closet where extremes can be simulated.

some don't even do that, there's a lot of product out there that has no real testing happening at all

some don't even do that, there's a lot of product out there that has no real testing happening at all

And then they start a thread on here encourage purchase of the dam things faults and all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

And then they start a thread on here encourage purchase of the dam things faults and all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

honestly if you saw some of the stuff that goes on that is meant to be quality control you'd shake your head in disbelief, if you want to build something the cheapest though those are the kinds of compromises that happen

Back