Techmoan Mat's new favourite dashcam

Might be worth asking Techmoan to remove it from the comments - on the flipside you're now on his radar!

he had it stuck up in the top left of the window, he did mention it was only a temp mount for testing

He can stick it where he wants...

but has anyone else noticed how indiscreet a camera that humongous is !!!!

He can stick it where he wants...

but has anyone else noticed how indiscreet a camera that humongous is !!!!

Cameras are probably smaller than they look, hard to judge when you don't see it beside something familiar
151757f72223889fbb9cfd069cc09b73.jpg

Might be worth asking Techmoan to remove it from the comments - on the flipside you're now on his radar!

Techmoan Mat is a member here on DCT and while he doesn't post very often he does keep an eye on the forums, so no doubt we are all on his radar.

In that case I'm putting in a request please to get a video filmed on this monstrosity we drove around Budapest:

http://beerbike.hu

I'm so gutted I didn't take the Mobius as it was one of the funniest things I've ever done!

In that case I'm putting in a request please to get a video filmed on this monstrosity we drove around Budapest:

http://beerbike.hu

I'm so gutted I didn't take the Mobius as it was one of the funniest things I've ever done!

now I know why you have a sore head ;)

Cameras are probably smaller than they look, hard to judge when you don't see it beside something familiar

It's true that the module is smaller than a typical dash cam, even a small one like a mini 080x but it does seem as though it could have been designed to be even more stealthy. For example, the front profile of a Mobius is perhaps one third the front profile of the K1S module.

it's just the wrong shape, they're pretty discrete but the Panorama style remote camera is far more discrete and would be better for this type of application, not such an issue up front but the cylinder type housing blends in much better for the rear, they're still an improvement over last years version

Yes, the INNOVV C3 design also seems about as minimalist as you can get, which is a worthy goal for this application.

They need to trademark a name for that style of lens unit - I'd say magic bullet but that may turn up some dodgy results on Google :D

now I know why you have a sore head ;)
That's not half of it.

We drunk beer, rode that beer bike around the city centre and a castle, did some caving (although I had to turn back half way as I was too fat for the small tunnels) and walked 30 miles (46.8km!!).

I'm too old for stag weekends like that now - just got to get mine out the way next year and then I'm retiring from drinking altogether :)

Nothing else with that name on Google so that works well :)

Oh hello Mat, I really didn't realise you were on here!

It was just someone saying that they're releasing the camera under the Street Guardian name so nothing inflammatory but might confuse people slightly!

Nice to see these starting to hit and I think @jokiin should send you some of his work as he does some good products you may like :)

Great work as usual btw - I'm always on the lookout for a Smart car with cameras whenever I'm up your neck of the woods :)

March 1, 2015 |
me2

This is a commentary posted after your review. Sorry but I did not know how to show it beside using copy and paste!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the one - seems a bit random to be honest and may confuse people.

@jokiin may have one of these up his sleeve but so far only he would know that but usually cameras with his secret sauce applied are better than a lot of the generic stuff to come out and I think @Techmoan may like the Panorama X1 as well as the K1S!

I've just checked out the raw footage from the K1S - to be honest the Panorama X2 is much better at night time IMHO - you can see from the following two:

K1S
https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/OBysUFNWsx

X2
https://truck.it/p/RgBZ_gVwsP

I'm watching on a high resolution screen and there's quite a difference between the quality - @Techmoan is the X2 something you'd be interested in looking at as I know the X2 front unit isn't the most discrete of things? Maybe the X1 as that is remote camera with the same image quality as the X2?

Back