The best?

Languy99

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,

Forum lurker, new poster here. I have been reading the forums for a while and can't come to a decision . Currently I have a mobius cam. It has been working good for me. I added an external ram heat sink to the normal ones and even tough it is battery powered for the last three years it has been sitting out in the car running great. But I am in the market for a new camera. I have some requirements and I thought I would go to the source for the best one for my needs.

Needs to have:

It needs to be as discreet as possible.

Best possible night vision, I drive at night a lot.

Reliable, as good as the mobius if not better.

A small screen for a aiming or at least hook up to phone so I can aim it would be great.

Emergency lock button

Nice to have but not needed:

Gps

Parking mode

Wireless/ app communication through iphone

G sensor

Price is no object but it needs to fit the above criteria.

Thanks all

Languy

Damm languy99, seem like you have been left hanging since december :oops:

I think a camera based on the sony IMX322 sensor will be optimal, and since you are in the states i would look at a panorama camera from pier28.

The new Street Guardian SGZC12RC seem like a good bet, it is a new model but its panorama / Street Guardian joint venture and Jon wouldent sell them unless he knew they would be supported real good untill ther optimal performance is maxed out.
I allso think @Pier28 have other equal interesting tings on the way to the shop, and he allso carry the "old" models from panorama witch have been updated with new hardware along the way.

Checkout SGZC12SG and SG9665GC

SGZC12RC is very stealthy but no GPS

All three options above have excellent Sony IMX322 sensors for good low light night performance.

Thanks for the recommendations, I like the sg9665gc myself and the videos that I saw look really good.

Yeah look like a good bet, and if any one know of a dashcam that perform mentionable better then that i wanna know.

Back