The G1W Sellers listing.

Just bought a Black Box G1W-X from Top Auto Gadgets fulfilled by Amazon. It is legit and records very well. No issues so far. And yes it is 170 degree angle. I have it working with a Sandisk UHS1 64GB micro sd.

Here is a picture from my truck, today.

Attachments

• G1WX1.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 32
Ok, I thought it was wider, those mirrors are 106 inches wide, and 50 inches away from the camera, yes I admit I had nothing else to do, so I measured it.

Good Morning (or afternoon/evening).

I found this forum from another forum (car forum) that I am a member of. I was initially linked to your main website (https://dashcamtalk.com/) and then clicked on the G1W since that's the camera I'm interested in.

A friend of mine purchased the G1W-C from eBay vendor (estore009) whom is a legit vendor. He has had good luck with it (about a year old) and recommended me to get it from them. I just didn't want to wait until "between May 4th and May 18th" for it to arrive. So I have been looking around at other places.

Another friend just recently (last week) purchased the G1W from Amazon Seller (Black Box - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00FONBG1A ) and he installed it over the weekend.

I'm looking at the G1W-C (from SpyTec) or G1W-CB (from Black Box) both on Amazon.

Is the black bezel version really worth $3.96 more?

If this is not the correct thread for my question please let me know. I'm new to this forum but not forums in general.

Actually,we have US stock for this item,but its local price is a little expensive than Chinese location item!

I mean for basically $4 it is worth it.

only you can decide that, you're asking about $4 though, not $400, is it really even worth second guessing

keep in mind buying from a China seller that warehouses in the US means faster delivery than if sent from China, for service and support you're still dealing with China

only you can decide that, you're asking about $4 though, not $400, is it really even worth second guessing

keep in mind buying from a China seller that warehouses in the US means faster delivery than if sent from China, for service and support you're still dealing with China

Yeah $4 isn't worth thinking about.

Yeah I understand. If I purchased from Spy Tech or Black Box (Amazon) I would just go through them (in US) if I had issues correct?

For this reason alone I'd buy from SpyTec even if it were a few dollars more.

Black Box G1W-CB ($58.95) ---- https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00P8F3LD0
Spy Tech G1W-CB ($56.98) ---- https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00YZ5G2GC
So you are talking the Spy Tec is $2 cheaper

Yep, i got my A118 from spytec - no issues to report.

and ANYTHING you buy from amazon that says "fulfilled by amazon" means super easy returns directly through amazon in case there's any issues, no matter who the seller is.

Stay away from Ebay seller goodtops165
he sold me a fake G1W-C that was supposed to have a NT96650 but instead came with a GeneralPlus GPCV2159 chipset.

Attachments

• IMG_8002.JPG
    IMG_8002.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8003.JPG
    IMG_8003.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8004.JPG
    IMG_8004.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8005.JPG
    IMG_8005.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 18
Signed up just to post this about gearbest.

I used gearbest to buy the G1WHT around Feb 4th of this year, I didn't get around to installing it in my car until a couple of months ago. I keep having issues with it so I decided to open it up and see and decided to confirm the chipset as well. What I ordered was "G1WHT 2.7 - inch Full HD 1080P Car Dash VR Camera Recorder G - sensor Novatek NT96650" and specifically ordered that.
NKACxk5.png

Yesterday when I popped it open and looked at the chipset it was GPCV2159

MEnoJjbl.jpg

I contacted gearbest and they confirmed I was given the wrong chipset.

"Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
We have confirmed with supplier, they just offered us the wrong description about the chipset."

I'm only being offered a $20 refund on my wallet.

Just a warning to others.

Back