The G1W Sellers listing.

Actually, because these other sellers have different packaging and user manuals than ours, they are in violation of Amazon policy by listing on our page. It's a time consuming process but we are able to have them removed from our listing pages. It sometimes feels like an endless game of whack-a-mole.

Please use this link for the G1W: http://amzn.to/1FPXxhq . As long as it says "Sold by Spy Tec and Fulfilled by Amazon"....

it's really annoying as a buyer, too. i was shopping for a new unlocked cell phone and while reading reviews about model A, i was seeing reviews for model B C D and R, and sometimes Y. makes the reviews completely and utterly worthless. amazon has gone downhill recently.

best way is buy it direct from @spytec on their own website and you'll be assured of getting the right product

Cool, so you're confirming that http://www.spytecinc.com/ is the real Spy Tec and not themselves a fake somehow, correct?

edit: Nevermind, I didn't see the link from @spytec above. That's all I need, thanks!

... and, order has been placed. Thanks for everyone's help!

Last edited:
it's really annoying as a buyer, too. i was shopping for a new unlocked cell phone and while reading reviews about model A, i was seeing reviews for model B C D and R, and sometimes Y. makes the reviews completely and utterly worthless. amazon has gone downhill recently.

I'm sure they'd love to hear your suggestions for how to police this on their scale. It isn't easy at all. I think most of this came about when they allowed Chinese sellers on Amazon. They probably weighed somewhat diminishing the customer service experience against expanding their selection and defending against the Alibabas of the world.

I'm sure they'd love to hear your suggestions for how to police this on their scale. It isn't easy at all. I think most of this came about when they allowed Chinese sellers on Amazon. They probably weighed somewhat diminishing the customer service experience against expanding their selection and defending against the Alibabas of the world.
it's probably hard to draw the line. I can see grouping reviews on things like a grill cover or phone case/cover, where different sizes, colors or logo/prints are available but it's still essentially the same product. but when i'm looking for a specific make/model phone, I should not be reading reviews about a Huawei or BLU phone on a Lenovo phone listing. I shouldn't even see other Lenovo phone reviews - just ones for that specific model.

Last edited:
It's a sloppy way to run things and it could be improved if they felt like allotting more server-space to the reviews so that they could have more specific categories. But then again many reviews are useless or of questionable origin. Many places to find product reviews online and you should always check several other than the one where you're thinking about buying from. "Caveat Emptor" still applies!

Phil

Hi all,

I really want to purchase the G1W-C off the amazon.ca website, but I've found that theres two main retailers.

I-Max:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00RFMLAT6
and Spytec:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00JJ3SQRI
Between these two, it seems like I-max has much better reviews, less complaints. Although there are people saying that they come in an orange box (and may therefore be fake), in comparison to the blueskysea box.
Can anyone confirm whether its real or not?

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I really want to purchase the G1W-C off the amazon.ca website, but I've found that theres two main retailers.

I-Max:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00RFMLAT6
and Spytec:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B00JJ3SQRI
Between these two, it seems like I-max has much better reviews, less complaints. Although there are people saying that they come in an orange box (and may therefore be fake), in comparison to the blueskysea box.
Can anyone confirm whether its real or not?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Unfortunately, the majority of those reviews were from before we were selling on that Canada listing. Some Chinese sellers created listings with our name and picture and racked up a lot of negative reviews. It'd be nice if we could get them removed. Suffice it to say, that we have never sold fake cameras.

Thanks Spytech. You guys sound reputable so I bought from your website, although I opted for the a118 instead.
Hope things go well!

Gearbest is sucking Bigtime on my order. I ordered a G1w-c on June 10,2015 and it still is showing " Processing " sending emails and making out "Tickets " has left me with no reply. I paid theough Paypal but wanted this particular camera with the ball mount. So frustrating dealing with Gearbest. I have dealt with Bangood in the past with no difficulty.. Avoid Gearbest..Their customer service and feedback sucks big time.

I had noticed quite a few threads talking about what's real and what is fake. I have combed through a bit and made a quick list to help others from falling to the fate of getting a fake G1W

Everything on this list has been confirmed by either a member here or over at /r/DashCam.

Safe Bets
eStore009 I personally bought my G1W off of them over a year ago
GearBest I have gotten other cameras off of them.
SpyTec I have gotten other cameras off of them
banggood A lot of other users have bought off of them
FoxOffer A lot of other users have bought off of them

Confirmed by a few members as legit.
KeepInGame Few users confirmed real deal
dreamlover2013 confirmed by scrappy
jingjiniao20070922 confirmed by bebop
easyshopping20142014 confirmed by Alvine9x (Currently out of Stock)
Deluxe Essentials (Amazon seller under new at this page) confirmed by user onizuon on /r/Dashcam

Stay Away

eBay
sun_mart
totodeal
yinjishan
oohsomuch
suran5176
okletsgoo
dedc
abeyerr
emonerrr
demon99
toymodel55
hkiron-usa
hkiron-aus
bylimshop
tywseller
globalfreeshipping

Stay Away
Amazon

O'Plaza (Sold a G1W on a G1W-C listing confirmed by sensesfaily0)
Sport Fort

(Confirmed by user Sport6 on /r/DashCam as well as a member here.)
Meijibo
Yipengtrade
Bokit (See this post and picture)

I'm a little lost. What should I be looking for?

It can be a little harder to tell before hand what you are getting if you are buying from someone not listed here because some but not all sellers are dishonest to move product and others honestly don't know they have the lower end device or might have even been mislead by a supplier or orders get mixed up. It happens as well.

If you are looking before buying

All legit G1W cameras have an HDMI port, but be careful knock offs can too.
All legit G1W cameras have the NT96650 processor

Don't ask the seller Does the camera have the NT96650 processor
Ask the seller what kind of processor does the camera have
This way instead of them assuming you know what you are talking about and just saying yes they have to look.

Whoops! I already bought one before I noticed this thread. How do I tell if I have the real deal?

Besides making sure it has an HDMI port it is really easy to tell if you have the real deal in your hand.
The most easy way it to download Registrator Viewer open a file created by the camera in it and make sure it is in .mov format and has 30FPS.
Lower end models record in .avi and do 25 FPS in 1080P mode.

Real G1W
lCKrRiC.jpg

Should say .mov format

Knock off
HTJ8cFP.jpg

Picture credits Mtz

Mounting Choices
Rearview Mirror
Amazon Suction Cup
Amazon Suction Cup 2nd style

Anything with the T-Slot style mount should fit. I have used 3M stick mounts that came with my Vicovation Camera on my G1W

Last edited by a moderator:
Gearbest is sucking Bigtime on my order. I ordered a G1w-c on June 10,2015 and it still is showing " Processing " sending emails and making out "Tickets " has left me with no reply. I paid theough Paypal but wanted this particular camera with the ball mount. So frustrating dealing with Gearbest. I have dealt with Bangood in the past with no difficulty.. Avoid Gearbest..Their customer service and feedback sucks big time.

Gearbest sent me an email advising they shipped my order....Finally 13 days later. LOL

We have G1W-C/CB inventory all the time,we promise to ship your orders out within one working day!

image.jpg You can add IMax on Amazon as a real G1W-C seller.

Last edited:
GearBest is listing the G1W-CB for $41. Sounds too good to be true. Should I be suspicious?

Also, I tried to find the G1W-CB on SpyTec but didn't find it. Do they sell it?

That's why I bought a Street Guardian after my G1WC crapped out and I've never looked back, more than happy with the camera and service !

Hi,

I have bought mine recently in Ebay from estore009 which is marked as a safe bet in this thread. Shipping was fast and all seemed well (and I gave a five star feedback - too soon). Guess I am not so lucky... I have a major problem as described here.

FYI.

Uriar

Back