The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

And I replied to you in my previous post how some of us are discovering the fakes.

From your post my conclusion was something like you are not trusting us with proofs that cameras have fake 4K but you trust manufacturers description and we should believe them. I can not believe a manufacturer which is selling a $80 camera advertised with IMX117 and I will start thinking that is fake. Then I search for proofs for my idea. All reported cameras are based on facts, not intuition.
If some well known member from a forum or a trusted person is telling me that a camera with IMX117 should cost at least $150 I believe him without any proof because seems logical.

enjoy,
Mtz
Well I said I wouldn't but . . .

I repeat my earlier quotes:
- It's obvious that time and again Chinese action camera manufacturers have made false claims. Some do not have the hardware they claim. Some can't perform as they claim. Some make claims but with caveats tucked away somewhere in a manual or on their web page.
- I'm personally prepared to believe knowledgeable people in the industry such as yourself and others on DCT even without concrete evidence. (written in reply to jokiin)
- I'm disinclined to believe claims that a camera mustn't be 4K because of a price point (within reason) or because it makes lousy videos, unless the specifications are known.
(Please note that knowing the specifications is not the same as believing the manufacturer.)

I'm disinclined to believe claims that a camera mustn't be 4K because of a price point (within reason) or because it makes lousy videos, unless the specifications are known.
Until this 4K fever always were false advertising and will be.
But to write big 4K letters on front case and the strongest advertising point to be a false was too much and I was thinking to open this thread and take attitude against them right from the beginning.
Look just at this link name, don't click on it: eken.com/4k-wifi-cam/H8R and think that is not too much if the 4K is fake?

If all these manufacturers would not wrote so much about 4K, not a single 4K on the case, in camera title, but somewhere in their description maybe this thread would not exists.

enjoy,
Mtz

- I'm disinclined to believe claims that a camera mustn't be 4K because of a price point (within reason) or because it makes lousy videos, unless the specifications are known.

if it sells at a price that is not possible to achieve with the correct hardware then that's going to be a red flag

if it sells at a price that is not possible to achieve with the correct hardware then that's going to be a red flag
What is the minimum price (in $US if possible)?

What is the minimum price (in $US if possible)?
you won't see any sub $100 cameras with real 4k, not based on current technology at least, I'm sure that time will come but by then @Mtz will probably have to start a thread about all the fake 8k cameras

Until this 4K fever always were false advertising and will be.
indeed. there are still plenty of fake 1080p cameras out there too! my first dashcam was an F70 and it claimed to have 1080p even though the actual image sensor can barely do more than regular VGA. and in fact the files created when the camera is set to "1080p" mode are actually 1280x720 30fps... but with a smaller font for the timestamp to make it LOOK like it's higher resolution. so they KNEW they were lying when they wrote that firmware.

shady vendors will always exist unfortunately.

lie, lie, lie ...

d8qc6606whrgyk4ts.jpg

For poor chinese company the engineer is encountered in two ways:
- he is not existing. Just some technical guy which can update cameras with software.
- like a God in which the buyers should always trust.

enjoy,
Mtz

It's a damned job - not everybody can make astronomic prices like GoPro :(

I didn't get this answer ... I wrote also, but got no answer.
I tried diverse players - always the same: 2 following frames are identical!
With all videos, downloaded or own - 30fps is doubled 15fps!

I didn't get this answer ... I wrote also, but got no answer.
I tried diverse players - always the same: 2 following frames are identical!
With all videos, downloaded or own - 30fps is doubled 15fps!
I might have misunderstood. I thought in the screenshot you provided earlier in this thread it showed 30fps, but you said you looked at individual frames to confirm that it's 15fps with frame doubling. I don't know how to do that. If you could explain to me how you did it then I could do the same thing with cameras I'm currently reviewing.
d8k83txig9u3psa5s.jpg

It's easy :) ... play a "4K/30fps" video with MPC-HC and jump from frame to frame.
These videos are very jumping - typical for 15 frames/second

d8qf7jl65vngftjlc.jpg

It's easy :) ... play a "4K/30fps" video with MPC-HC and jump from frame to frame.
These videos are very jumping - typical for 15 frames/second

d8qf7jl65vngftjlc.jpg
Oh yes, I see! Thanks! :)

... and 1080/60fps is only true in bright light. If it is darker, this is reduced to DOUBLED 1080/30fps !

Each "normal" camera doesn't mak such a shi... - even not wit 1/2.3" sensor!
There are 100s of them ... making 1080/60fps, not frame doubling, of course also 4/25fps or 4K/30fps
without dirty tricks. Same for smartphones!

Back