The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

I think the gyro sensor is one of the most expensive components
not really; almost every phone and tablet has one. They are supposed to use the g-sensor to stabilize video but the software is lacking. Mine is detected but I don't see the device data in linux. The camera program has a setting for sensitivity. Out of the box it doesn't appear to work.

Is it as simple as that though? Or does the git2 and sj5000 actually use a tiny gimbal system for the lenses? If it was simply a plain old g sensor and a matter of software idk why they all wouldn't be doing it, such a desirable feature. I actually did contact gearbest about a discovery d200 which has a g sensor and asked if it was used as a gyro to give a stabilized image and they responded yes it used the g sensor for a stabilized image, but I assumed they were just wrong because I later saw the g sensor in the settings was simply used to detect movement for a dash cam to turn on. They also said it would give a better image in a crash (since its mostly marketed as a dash cam) so idk. On a side note I already ordered an h9 from gearbest, I ordered it Friday night, canceled on Saturday after I changed my mind and today they just messaged me saying it was already shipped :/ So I'll wait for that, see if it produces useable footage on my planes and go from there.

Is it as simple as that though? Or does the git2 and sj5000 actually use a tiny gimbal system for the lenses? If it was simply a plain old g sensor and a matter of software idk why they all wouldn't be doing it, such a desirable feature...
No gimbal, but it does have 3 gyroscopes. A G-Sensor is different to a gyro-sensor, the g-sensor measures linear acceleration. the gyro measures rotational acceleration and is significantly more expensive as it contains moving parts - the 3 gyroscopes.

I actually reviewed these camera internals from a reseller called "Gizcam", they claimed it to be Sony but it's definitely OV4689, everything confirms this aside from actually opening the camera to view the sensor. I did try opening it up but the inside was glued and taped and a total mess. The 2K was alright, real 30 FPS and a 100% crop on the sensor, but my sensor was seriously flawed so I gave it quite a scathing review and sent the camera back to Amazon.

Reactions: Mtz
No gimbal, but it does have 3 gyroscopes. A G-Sensor is different to a gyro-sensor, the g-sensor measures linear acceleration. the gyro measures rotational acceleration and is significantly more expensive as it contains moving parts - the 3 gyroscopes.

Yea that makes sense, although I don't think they're that expensive, simply because companies are selling mini quadcopters by the millions with cheap gyros, like the h8 mini for like $15 shipped with battery controller charger and full gyro stabilization. If they can do that I can't see the gyros being more than a few bucks, I think you can buy mainboards of some like the v911 for like $8 shipped too.

Now that I think of it, I bet they could basically use the same software/firmware thats in these quadcopters to stabilize an image, both are doing basically the same thing, countering whatever physical inputs are happening and giving the exact opposite movement.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if any of these fake 4k cameras come with gyro stabilization under $70?

Soocoo C30 is $79 domestic US, real Sony sensor and Gyro stabilization. It's very close to the SJ5000x elite, great value for the money in my opinion.

well if you hadn't sent it back you could connect with ADB and see which sensor it really used

I actually reviewed these camera internals from a reseller called "Gizcam", they claimed it to be Sony but it's definitely OV4689, everything confirms this aside from actually opening the camera to view the sensor. I did try opening it up but the inside was glued and taped and a total mess. The 2K was alright, real 30 FPS and a 100% crop on the sensor, but my sensor was seriously flawed so I gave it quite a scathing review and sent the camera back to Amazon.

Hmm, that's too bad, the one on Banggood has much better sample videos, maybe that was just a fake, of a fake?

Last edited:
Soocoo C30 is $79 domestic US, real Sony sensor and Gyro stabilization. It's very close to the SJ5000x elite, great value for the money in my opinion.

Thanks I'll look into that one too, do you have it?

Thanks I'll look into that one too, do you have it?

I owned it for a few months but I gave it to a friend as he would get better use out of it than I would. I already own a few other cams. I keep buying too many to review... :)

Last edited:
I owned it for a few months but I gave it to a friend as he would get better use out of it than I would. I already own a few other cams. I keep buying too many to review... :)

Haha, yea half the fun of electronics in general is the mystery in what you're getting really. Its hard to judge videos if you weren't there for the original filming to see the conditions and colors too.

I joined just for this thread. I learnt a lot.

There is a 4K action cam here https://fulltimeoutdoors.com/produc...-with-remote-control-bracelet-and-accessories the FTOD - fulltime outdoors cam presumably. 99usd down from 299. I could not see it on here or via search. Using reduced price and specs criteria it is probably fake.

[edit - to alter spelling of rediced to reduced!]

• Video resolutions:
    • 4K(25fps), 2.7K(30fps)
    • 1080P(60fps), 1080P(30fps)
    • 720P(120fps

Last edited:
299$ downto 99.99 ... better cameras I bought 1 year ago for €57 :)
Search aliexpress, Banggood, Gearbest & co.

Well for allwinner cams I've learned something...they do have a "4Kish" encoding. The 8mp sensor version is
3264x2448 and runs at 30fps. Through pixel binning and shrinkage 3264x1836 at 25fps is possible after disabling the ability to insert doubled frames.

On the OV4689 version it tops out at 2688x1520... the first mode says 15fps but there are 25 and 30 modes too. The telltale would be disabling frame skip.

From the modes you can encode pretty much any video size you want that the hardware encoder can muster. Its not just 1080P upsized... I did that and it was waaaay cleaner looking than the sprinkly pixels coming from 2k/4k.

Looking at the resolution charts for gopro... especially "wideview" at only 24p don't think for a second that some or all of these tricks aren't used on a better lens/processor and sensor. Remember too... camera sensors are almost never 16:9.

I have a XDV 16MP 4K Sports Camera which is another fake 4K action camera. It look pretty much similar to cameras found in this thread. However I still prefer to shoot at Fake4K resolution because 1080p video little bit darker & noisier at low light. This camera worked well out in the open in broad daylight, especially after I fixed the lens out-of-focus issue, especially on the right side. I have 1080p@60 video, where I mounted the camera on a bicycle which can attest to this but the picture is shaking the whole ride because the camera is shaking. I have not yet upload it at youtube.

(the lens housing was removed when this picture was taken)
DSC03153_20PERC.jpg

Regarding still picture, this camera also worked well out in the open in broad daylight. It performed poorly in low light condition. After I fixed the lens issue, the picture file size can go up to 7MB.

While I did open up the camera but I didn't pull the board out of the casing completely because the ribbon cable for the screen at the back is too short & look like PITA to connect it back. So I didn't inspect what sensor or chipset that it use. One thing I confident the sensor is not really 16MP. More like 8MP if I'm not mistaken. Before buying I did realized the camera is too good to be true especially how cheap it is but I was hoping it at least work well at 1080p60.

Before lens focus fixed:-
28918630732_df8e5ff9b0_c.jpg

After lens focus fixed:-
28936374112_d6c3b5169e_c.jpg

720p120
720p120_Monitor60Hz.jpg

1080p60
1080p60.jpg

Fake4K30 (3264x1836 30FPS)
Fake4K_3264x1836_30FPS.jpg

Mediainfo 720p120 vs. 1080p60 vs. Fake4K30
720p_1080p_Fake4K_mediainfo.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see a backup of your firmware because my pictures look like your video and your pictures looks like my video. :)

If you can show me how to backup the firmware, I'll be more than happy to post the firmware here. BTW, the video screenshots was taken when the sun almost set. So it was low light.

Back