the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

If you were standing under it when it broke up, you'd probably be happier it was balsa framed, and not metal.

Not sure if this has surfaced here? It's fairly old, but still funny.

I think the text where i found the clip said the model weighed in at just about 220 Lbs, i think there is a limit to how heavy these things can be.
I know it is here, but then again this is Denmark ( not Sparta ) and we got rules for just about anything so the sheeple know to stay in line.

If you were standing under it when it broke up, you'd probably be happier it was balsa framed, and not metal.
probably enough metal in the jet engine to really hurt someone. not to mention the fuel... my thought was that a metal frame probably wouldn't have come apart the way the balsa wood did. and since it's so much stronger, you wouldn't need as much aluminum as you would balsa. or go crazy and make it out of carbon fiber!

Tmart.com offered me a tiny little camera and VTX to see if i could create my own Tiny Whoop (from FliteTest) but using a much faster and more nimble JJRC H8 Mini (which I already had). Sure, I can do that!

THis was an easy mod, and took very little time. Results are great, and totally worth it. an FPV platform minus VRX/screen/goggles for about $60 US or less? yes please!

Full Write-up (on my brand new site!):
http://www.gibson99.com/reviews/dro...bomini-cameravtx-diytiny-whoopusingjjrch8mini

Or if you just want the video:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Crash and Learn :)

Out of anything but gravity control micro dashcam action.

It was here or the smile thread, so i decided for here.

I did a thing a few days ago:

Fitting music, makes me think of landing in an alien world with such bright green water and rock formations that would be right at home on Mars.

Do you listen to somafm.com? I think I've heard this song played there on the groove salad channel.

Yeah must be something small to not ruin the dynamics of a Hot Wheels car.

Fitting music, makes me think of landing in an alien world with such bright green water and rock formations that would be right at home on Mars.

Do you listen to somafm.com? I think I've heard this song played there on the groove salad channel.

I've probably had a listen on that site. I listen to almost everything so that means getting music from a variety of sources. ✌️

Quadcopter + broken light bulp + time on your hands =

Could go in Smile thread too :)

I have taken a short break from quads, I'm now driving a brand new 4x4 :) It's the WLtoys 10428A Wild Truck Warrior or better known as a Vattera Twin Hammers Clone. It has a pretty nice configuration situated somewhere between toy grade and hobby grade. If anyone is interested you can get it cheaper than the average with a discount coupon "rc18off".

For now only a bench review, but before going out I plan on FPV-ing it.

Last edited:
Vantera not vattera :D

My friend never liked his twin hammers os it just collect dust on a shelf, myself i lean more towards the larger Axial cars like the wraith and bomber.

Speaking of RC.

Yeah must be something small to not ruin the dynamics of a Hot Wheels car.
looking at some of their other videos, it's apparently a gopro session, or whatever they call the cube camera. they removed the body of the hot wheels car, so it's just the bottom plate with a camera on it, to keep it as low and light as possible.

@kamkar1 I almost hate you :) I'm a big fan of Star Wars, so just placed and order for this:

1477249084118810754.jpg

Back