the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

First test drive with the WLtoys Wild Truck Warrior, I'm liking it a lot, but I should have checked the clutch first, I bent a wheel pin and strip a wheel hex, I was luck as I didn't strip any gears or ruin some other transmission parts like drive or props shafts

I blew the output shaft on my transmission in my Toyota, so i have to replace that and the 3 other axles in the R3 gearbox
http://store.rc4wd.com/R3-Scale-2-Speed-Transmission_p_2220.html

Its not really that bad, i got the trailfinder 2 when it came out in 2011 and i have been driving it hard ever since.
So 15 dollars for a set of new shafts dont seem that bad.
http://store.rc4wd.com/R3-2-Speed-Transmission-Shafts_p_2492.html

I recently changed the 2 driveshafts between the wheel axles and the transfer case, and none of the outputs on the transfer case seemed the least worn, so i think it might be the short axle between the R3 gerabox and the transfer case thats the problem, hopefully the input shaft on the transfer case is okay, otherwise thats another 25 dollear to replace axels in that.
http://store.rc4wd.com/Replacement-Gear-Set-for-Hammer-T-Case_p_5057.html

First test drive with the WLtoys Wild Truck Warrior, I'm liking it a lot, but I should have checked the clutch first, I bent a wheel pin and strip a wheel hex, I was luck as I didn't strip any gears or ruin some other transmission parts like drive or props shafts

giving the git2 gyro a real workout there!

You have to drive really slow to get good on board footage off a RC car, thats my experience at least.

My Toyota can do that in #1 gear its top speed is < 5 Km/h, but then driving 10 M take a long time and if you then have recorded that in 60 FPS and slow that down 50% in post then you suddenly have a long recording people on youtube might not sit thru.
And if you then put the camera up on a mast a little above the car it dont make it better, but it do provide for a cool angle.

I do love crawlers, but here in Denmark we dont have any challenging places to drive them, so i mothballed my losi after a short while.

One of my new favorite toy-grade quadcopters DM009. Maiden flight at 20+ km/h wind and chased by a falcon, I must say I am amazed by this little quad as it's fast, agile, extremely stable and easy to control. Ohh the camera is "cr*p" and wrongly oriented downward instead of a bit upward, so it only shoot's ground.

My first 360° videos that are also R/C related

Intel have 1 upped them self, or is it 5 upped :eek:

500 quacopters in the air under control, and thats including the RGB lige on each quadcopter.

I so want to see this IRL

Intel have 1 upped them self, or is it 5 upped :eek:

500 quacopters in the air under control, and thats including the RGB lige on each quadcopter.

I so want to see this IRL
That's cool. :)

Yes but cant see they can do displays thats anywhere long lasting, quadcopters appear to be small in the battery department, so estimate they have a 5 minute flight time at best.

Having flow only a little bit with planes and quadcopters ( never owned either ) i always felt restricted with the quadcopter.
Off course due to both being someone else RC toy i was just trying and risking ruining it, only + was the aid on the quadcopter by GPS and sensors, but i am pretty sure you can get the same failsafe operation in plane controllers today.

Even regular helicopters have become pretty easy to fly if you enable al the safeties in it ( just like quadcopter ) in the old days a RC helicopter was even harder to fly than a regular helicopter due to the fact you controlled both in much the same way but with the RC helicopter you only had a visual connection and no seat of pants connection.

Also with the right plane ( dont have to be a pure glider ) you can fly for a longer time compared to the battery sucking quadcopters.

My 2nd flight with a plane, already doing 3D ACRO with it. I'm starting to dislike multirotors :)

You seem like you are learning fixed wing flying very fast. I have been flying fixed wing for over 30 years now, and one thing I would suggest you try when flying is to try and get smoother stick movements on the transmitter, otherwise your videos will look like they were taken in a washing machine :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mtz
My friend just picked up flying again, and with the "small" electric planes he quickly found out that he needed to slow down the servos as his stick movement was far too fast for the little planes to handle.

i have not flown / tried a RC plane since the mid/late 80ties.

You seem like you are learning fixed wing flying very fast. I have been flying fixed wing for over 30 years now, and one thing I would suggest you try when flying is to try and get smoother stick movements on the transmitter, otherwise your videos will look like they were taken in a washing machine :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, thank you, I'll try to be smoother but it's a habit from quad copters, the video would be a lot shaky if I wasn't used the gyro stabilization.

yeah i want to try a fixed wing but since it's a toy, it's not in the budget. maybe i'll ask santa.

Haha, thank you, I'll try to be smoother but it's a habit from quad copters, the video would be a lot shaky if I wasn't used the gyro stabilization.

yeah my quads are the first rc aircraft i've ever had too. before that it was just RC cars and trucks when i was a kid. remember the battery pack voltage arms race? started with like 4.2v, then 9.6v was the big thing, then 12v, 14.something... glad that's over with.

oh wait, it's not. now it's how many cells you can fit in there... 3s was fine for a while but now 4s is the big deal. how long before we hit 8s in a car/truck?

yeah i want to try a fixed wing but since it's a toy, it's not in the budget. maybe i'll ask santa.

yeah my quads are the first rc aircraft i've ever had too. before that it was just RC cars and trucks when i was a kid. remember the battery pack voltage arms race? started with like 4.2v, then 9.6v was the big thing, then 12v, 14.something... glad that's over with.

oh wait, it's not. now it's how many cells you can fit in there... 3s was fine for a while but now 4s is the big deal. how long before we hit 8s in a car/truck?

just like 1:1 cars, they're getting heavier and need more powah! to keep them going. I do run 6S in my RC8.2E and that thing tears up lawns. it's too much. :)

6S :eek: i run 5S in my Bachmann trains and the train have 2 motors pulling 6 wheels each
82894_1032630_Qty1_1.jpg

And the train actually run for a long time pulling itself and 12 - 16 feet of freight cars behind it on the 5000 mah batteries before the lipo buzzer go off in a almighty scream. ( not using smoke generator )

Fell over this nice 3200 feets of rail setup a few days ago, that i think is good use of a garden.

My scaler and crawler are both tun on 3S and in the scaler i run 35T brushed motors and the crawler was on a 21T brushless system.

Dont own any go fast vehicles.

The cars are becoming really fierce, my friend have been eying the E conversions for the HPI 1:5 cars as he have 2 of those

so cool! if I had a big house I'd definitely be into trains. and add a seasonally changing scaler course, too. nerd dreams!

Back