the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

well gearbest is selling it for $32 USD so it's not like it's a DJI or anything. no camera/fpv, and its claim to fame is that it's waterproof. is the controller waterproof too? i remember seeing you reviewed it, but i don't think i was able to watch the entire video.

i have a JJRC H8 Mini and it's been super durable. my only complaint about it was that the prop guards are too flimsy and would sometimes hit the props. the H8 is super twitchy too - very responsive, but also very sensitive to having the props pushed a little too far onto the motor spindles - sometimes after a crash, i would have to pull off a prop or two then gently press them back on. not a huge deal, just a little annoying. but for a $10 quad, it's surprisingly good. plus i can fly it inside for practice on rainy or windy days, and on calm days i can even fly it outside.

well gearbest is selling it for $32 USD so it's not like it's a DJI or anything. no camera/fpv, and its claim to fame is that it's waterproof. is the controller waterproof too? i remember seeing you reviewed it, but i don't think i was able to watch the entire video.

I have reviewed another model, the H2O Aviax. The TX from my knowledge is not waterproof at least it wasn't on my Aviax. It's brilliant if you have a porch which will shelter you during rain.

So you want to fly, but the normal way just isent dangerous enough, well why not do it sitting inside a radio controlled flying blender.

So you want to fly, but the normal way just isent dangerous enough, well why not do it sitting inside a radio controlled flying blender.

Nothing can beat a nice quit fly in the forest. :D

Yeah i would have gone for electric motors and a huge kick ass lipo battery so i also had the chance of beeing burned to death.

Would love to build my own quad one day, living near-ish to the lake district, there are many unspoiled areas about that would be nice to fly around and film. Until then, I get my RC fix from my small fleet of these Syma S026G:
fleet.jpg IMG_20150614_000129.jpg
Bought one from Amazon one day, then some time later, ended up winning 13 spares and repairs heli's on ebay. Only fixed about 3 of them up so far...:D They can't go outside as they are IR controlled so even at dusk the sunlight can interfere. They also blow around like crazy in the slightest of breeze. They are great indoors though, very stable and easy to fly.

You could go long range FPV and use a motorized glider plane, but i am not sure if you can fly over to the next valley over and then go into it and still maintain control.

But i think the hardcore long range FPV ppl are now controlling their RC planes upward of 100 Km

Give this guy the money these guys have http://e-volo.com/index.php/en/ and he build with a third of it a twice as good multirotor transport device

My greatest respect :cool:

He should start a Kickstarter project for financing his project ;)

This is my RC (Remote Controlled) hobby ...

An astronomical Observatory :cool:

regards Rainer

Thats nice, i would love to do the same if i got into some money to buy / build a house where its feasible, and it is only in the darker parts of any country i would like to live.
But in Denmark would be nice as there is a chance of getting a 1 gbit connection there so its easier to share

what advantage does that e-volo have over a regular helicopter? looks like it has similar controls (can't see if it has rudder pedals but i assume it does)... the rotor ring looks just as big as the rotor sweep of a regular helicopter, but it won't fold up, so it will take up way more room in storage.

also, that's not exactly amateur astronomy anymore when you have that much equipment and a building just for it. ;)

what advantage does that e-volo have over a regular helicopter? looks like it has similar controls (can't see if it has rudder pedals but i assume it does)... the rotor ring looks just as big as the rotor sweep of a regular helicopter, but it won't fold up, so it will take up way more room in storage.

Right, I see a better chance for the 8 engine multirotor then for e-Volo. e-Volo is just to big in diameter.

also, that's not exactly amateur astronomy anymore when you have that much equipment and a building just for it. ;)

It all starts tiny and starts to grow as usual in any hobby ... My biggest mirror is 25cm, V ESO VLT in Paranal mountain is 4 mirrors each 800cm :eek:

If I compare my Observatory with this
mine is still tiny :oops:

Another example a 1/2rd B56 bomber as hobby

Yeah those are pretty small telescopes, if loaded by lotto gods i would go for something much larger.

In that case i would not be working, and since i tend to favor beeing awake at night then astronomy is right there.

what are you using for cameras on the telescopes @rsfoto ?

Yeah those are pretty small telescopes, if loaded by lotto gods i would go for something much larger.

In that case i would not be working, and since i tend to favor beeing awake at night then astronomy is right there.

what are you using for cameras on the telescopes @rsfoto ?

Hi,

I use dedicated astronomy cameras with Kodak CCD chip KAI-4020 monochrome 2048 x 2048 pixels with integrated LRGB and DARK filter wheel and I am able to cool them down -20°C in order to reduce the noise.

Cameras are made by www.qsimaging.com

Last edited:
Nice.

I almost jumped the sub zero CPU cooling on my computer, but in the end i decided against it and just went with water cooling to get a low noice but still okay overclock on my computer.

I figured if i was to go further with overclocking i had to do liquid gas, but i dropped hardcore overclocking as i want to be able to use my computer all the time.

What kind of cooling do you use then ?

Nice.

I almost jumped the sub zero CPU cooling on my computer, but in the end i decided against it and just went with water cooling to get a low noice but still okay overclock on my computer.

I figured if i was to go further with overclocking i had to do liquid gas, but i dropped hardcore overclocking as i want to be able to use my computer all the time.

What kind of cooling do you use then ?

The cameras do have Peltier elements on the CCD chip and I added the possibility with water aided cooler (made by the camera maker too) using a aquarium cooler ... The temperature is measured in °F and I have to keep it over the dew point temperature or my chip starts to create a ice cover and I get blind :p Therefore I have a weather station and check the dew point ...

Acuario-02.jpg Acuario-01.jpg AguaFria-01.jpg

Yeah, most don't know it but a lot of things in the world rely on the dew point.

I have a fjew pelitiers lying around, but i never got around to use them.
I have been thinking about making a kick ass cooler for 1 bottle in my center console, but now that i don't have a job or any place to tinker with stuff thats not a option.

The pump and the fans in my computer is,,,,, computer controlled, but the 1200 RPM fans are capped at 800 RPM as the computer otherwise become too loud for my liking, i have six 120 mm fans in my computer for a nice low noise airflow, and my aluminum lian li case have more than doubled its weight as i have rebuild its inside using steel, and the window in the side is of course real glass.

Too bad i have lost my pictures from then the build was new and nice & dustfree, as it look now i am not putting it on display

Give this guy the money these guys have http://e-volo.com/index.php/en/ and he build with a third of it a twice as good multirotor transport device

My greatest respect :cool:

He should start a Kickstarter project for financing his project ;)

He claims it's a 'revolution in urban transportation', or something.

Just where do you think you could park that in a city?

:)

I had a friend who had one of these in his backyard he tinkered with for years, but never saw him fly it as high as the one in this video. :)

Rotorway Scorpion II kit helicopter, his had the Rotorway OEM engine.

You can build a kit helicopter here.
But you have no idea about the hoops you have to jump thru for just permission to put just about every screw and bolt in the damn thing.

Just where do you think you could park that in a city?

Hi dash riposki,

What he built is not bigger then a car an if you can really fly it, you park it coming from the sky going down faster then getting a car into a free space :D

Back