the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

The props will create jello and rithmical vibration which can not be sorted by the gyro.

Okay not RC as such, not even sure if you can fly it around.

But never the less its damn cool, and make me think when we will see smart dashcams, and what those dashcams will do with all that compute power.

Last edited:
Okay not RC as such, not even sure if you can fly it around.

But never the less its damn cool, and make me think when we will see smart dashcams, and what those dashcams will do with all that compute power.

Because tripods are SOOOO 20th century and way too quiet. :D

Granted I can see some uses where a tripod wouldn't work, and the tracking part is pretty cool too. Wonder what battery life is like...

Dont use outdoor on a windy day or you will spend a lot of time chasing your camera downwind :D

There will be a spy drone available to watch everyone !
No more privacy , go for a number one or a number two and there will be a spy drone watching ...

no need for a drone to do that, many bring a devise with them there that can log just abut everything going on there.
And those people will willing and with no thought at all allow just about any pice of software on that devise to do what it want to do, so some one could easy be listening in and use the cameras on the devise to capture the moment forever.

Actually , with device connectivity !
People are already spending $$ on monitoring watches .. Wont be long before apple is selling health information to insurance companies ..
Apple / google / Microsoft , the biggest spies out there ...

Took a massive ( 4 feet ) crash with my little 4X4 truck yesterday, totally destroyed the body, will have to pause that truck and work on my jeep project as a new body is 150 dollars i dont have for such things at the moment.

If it get really bad i can always drive one of my friends cars while i save up money and work on the jeep project.

Bashing through the snow, in a 4S brushless sled, sliding all the way, this just made up my day! oh what fun it is it to drive in a frozen weekend day :p:D;)

My friend got his traxas slash ready with paddle wheels, but no snow up here.

Running with 4S LiHv battery, amazing punch and much less sag under heavy and constant throttle.

On the Bison (orange) I had the SJ6 Legend. I was loosing traction a lot because I did not know but my central diff was partially disassembled because the 4 screws that keep it closed were lose about 1-2 mm, all the grease was centrifuged out and it was acting like a simple open diff, front was spinning like mad while rear was losing power, also the rear diff was not having anything inside but just a tiny amount of regular grease. Now I run a mix of silicone grease + oil in them. It's a lot more grippy and silent. I still need to inspect the front diff.

No problems like that here, everything is 100 % locked for maximum off road performance.

Having to take RTR cars apart as they are not really RTR is pretty normal it seem.

Well it's part of the hobby to take apart, inspect, clean, fix, upgrade, run it and repeat :)

Clean ????? i knew i missed something, my car only get cleaned when i work on it due to it being broken.
And mostly cleaning for us mean drive around in a river or a deep puddle of water before we stop and go home. :)

Just tested one of the most amazing toy grade quads, it's the new X300 from XK, although this has just brushed motors, it comes with optical flow sensor / optical positioning so it has position hold without the need of a GPS system. It's amazing how good it works for a full FPV kit sold at just 150$.

For the full bench review:

Brushed motors in a quadcopter :eek: now thats a first for me.

Brushed motors in a quadcopter :eek: now thats a first for me.
I got lots of them and most are pretty reliable and will take a lot of abuse. Their life span will vary from a few hours to years :)

Here's some brushed action and abuse done at -16°C

I run brushed motors in my car, and with the abuse they get ( water mud and sand ) i can usually grind down the commutator 1 time and then put in new "brushes".

Lucky my friend raced onroad 1:10 cars in the winter time indoor, so he have a little lathe to fix the commutator.

I have had no luck with brushless motors in the little 4x4 off road trucks, they work fine for driving, but when we play wanna be submarine with our cars the brushless just stop working.

Newer waterproof brushless ESCs might be the solution, but its not something i can afford to try now.

This seem interesting https://www.teamtekin.com/rx4.html

Back