the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Hehehehe , I was watching something on youtube .. ( car show ) when the battery got fully charged .
SO I just fired up my transmitter and did a quick video to show the quad working .
This one is FPV , so I should probably be playing with it outside .

Hehehehe , I was watching something on youtube .. ( car show ) when the battery got fully charged .
SO I just fired up my transmitter and did a quick video to show the quad working .
This one is FPV , so I should probably be playing with it outside .
looks like the perfect indoor fpv quad - esp since it has a full prop guard, so it won't hurt anyone or damage your walls. i can imagine something w/ 2s has enough power to gouge drywall if it doesn't have prop guards.

My new toy: https://m.banggood.com/REMO-1631-11...uck-SMAX-RC-Car-p-1074510.html?rmmds=myorders

IMG_20171116_172526~01.jpg
IMG_20171116_172624~01.jpg

It had sockets for 5mm LEDs in the bumpers so I put some in before I even drove it the first time. Also strapped on a low battery alarm.

The receiver/ESC can control the stock 5-wire servo or a standard 3-wire servo. So I used the regular servo connector to power the LEDs - no need for custom anything that way. The transmitter also has dual rate adjustments for both throttle and steering. So I can turn the throttle way down and hand it to my 5 year old son and he can drive it inside the house. Or turn the steering down so it's not so twitchy when I'm driving fast on the street. The steering knob itself can also be pushed through to the other side for leftys of you want.

The shocks were supposed to be oil filled according to the box but they're not. No rubber seals inside so any oil I added would drain right out. I've emailed BG about it and maybe they'll send me some shocks that are oil filled, or at least give me a break on the price of the metal shocks from Remo for this truck.
IMG_20171113_234257~01.jpg

However, it DOES have all metal gears, and for some reason the metal reduction gear was not pre installed. They used a plastic one. But even the differentials have metal gears inside. Strangely, the center driveshaft is plastic. For bashing though, maybe that's a good thing - sort of a strain relief since the drivetrain will get lots of random shocks when running over rough ground at speed.

Another thing I like is the way parts are interchangeable. All 4 upper and all 4 lower control arms are identical, as are axles, wheels/tires, shocks, differentials, and most bearings.

Aside from the completely worthless shocks, it's not a bad little truck. Easy to work on and seems pretty durable and surprisingly stable at full throttle. The wltoys a979b I had for a few days before sending it back was extremely unstable at speed and would flip over if you so much as breathed in its direction. This one just spins out instead of flipping.

It already has 12mm hex for the wheels so I plan on getting some taller wheels and tires to get more ground clearance. Longer shocks are not an option (without permanent modification) because of the way the chassis is shaped - it prevents the arms from drooping even with no shock connected. Course the dog bones/axles (which are also metal) might not work with longer shocks anyway due to the angles that would create.

Just imagine how many little shaped charges you can find on the ground after the little drones have run out of power, lets hope the lipo low voltage alarm = flip upside down + detonate. :D

looks like the perfect indoor fpv quad - esp since it has a full prop guard, so it won't hurt anyone or damage your walls. i can imagine something w/ 2s has enough power to gouge drywall if it doesn't have prop guards.

Its too hot ! For inside ... Something like the Eachine E010 with FPV would be ok ..
This King Kong 2s is way too hot ..

Its too hot ! For inside ... Something like the Eachine E010 with FPV would be ok ..
This King Kong 2s is way too hot ..
My e010 became a turd when I added an aio camera/vtx. Battery life seemed to cut in half and it basically just sucked.

I now have a dm002 ready to receive that camera. It should do much better since it has twice the battery capacity, larger motors, etc.

Just thought of something I could do since there are 2 servo connectors on this truck... I could get a tiny servo and attach an fpv camera to it, on the roof. Then as I turn the wheel, the camera would turn too, to look through the corner. Could be interesting, but not sure how well it would work in practice.

Just thought of something I could do since there are 2 servo connectors on this truck... I could get a tiny servo and attach an fpv camera to it, on the roof. Then as I turn the wheel, the camera would turn too, to look through the corner. Could be interesting, but not sure how well it would work in practice.
Yep , just link the two channels in the Tx .. Would work a treat . ( If the Tx permits assigning functions )

Screen_Shot_11-12-17_at_11.24_AM_001.jpg

I hope this one will work inside ...

VYnCg.jpg

I set myself a challenge , find the cheapest RTF Quad money could buy ... Here is what I found

XK K110 is here ...

Hello everyone,

If for example one lens would get broken - do you have to buy a new camera or can it be repaired by camera service for an affordable price?

Our company specialize in action camera lens, products include fisheye lens and no distortion lens are suitable action cameras, more information please contact sales02@lyxlens.com

Welcome to the forum LXYlens.
A few of us do experiment with lenses other than the usual wide angle lenses on out dash and action camera.

Welcome to the forum LXYlens.
A few of us do experiment with lenses other than the usual wide angle lenses on out dash and action camera.
Thank you very much, please allow me recommend some of lenses for you
1.21mm 220D wide angle lens half thread
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4K-...egree-IR-1-2-3-Inch-16MP-M12/32837407907.html
1.2mm Super wide angle Fisheye Lens 256 Degree
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4K-...gree-IR-M12-Mount-for-Action/32839422826.html
3.37mm no distortion 16mp lens
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4K-...for-Action-Camera-Gopro-Hero/32834585301.html
our store most of lenses are suitable action camera and drone, super fisheye lens, no distortion lens, M12 16MP HD lens, If you are interested, please contact me sales02@lyxlens.com to get coupons, or derect contact store online service to get discount.

Ok folks !
I did not get scammed out of ten Bananas !
The cheapest quad money can buy just arrived .. $10 AUS / $7.50 USD

Ok folks !
I did not get scammed out of ten Bananas !
The cheapest quad money can buy just arrived .. $10 AUS / $7.50 USD
But does it fly blend? :D

When I bought my h8 mini it cost me 12usd on eBay, and the e010 (I got 2) were about 10usd each from banggood. Both included shipping

$7.50 USD shipped to my door ...

Back