the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Just fell over this alternative way of spending your lunch break :D

hey boss, we're just doing product testing... gotta know what we're selling, right?

ugh... every time i watch these fpv videos, it makes me want to hurry up and rip mine apart and install the camera/vtx. that darn JOB and FAMILY and broken CARS keep preventing me from doing it tho. i don't have goggles, but i do have an old 24" LCD TV and a video receiver. not ideal, since the tv requires 110vac, but could work to start with in my back yard, on the patio table...

Last edited:
I would not be putting my nice 4K camera on the line like that :D

... every time i watch these fpv videos, it makes me want to hurry up and rip mine apart and install the camera/vtx.
I have the same feelings, but I did manage to do a short FPV test, something went wrong with my TX, only getting 40-50 meters of range :(

I have the same feelings, but I did manage to do a short FPV test, something went wrong with my TX, only getting 40-50 meters of range :(
a friend of mine tells me that those "stick" or "rubber ducky" antennas that most stuff comes with is worthless in 5.8ghz. you need the cloverleaf/mushroom antennas to get decent range. i have those on my wishlist too:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00LGM2U0E
just make sure they're the right plug type - rp-sma or just sma, and of course gender... too bad there's no single standard for them.

I know about the cloverleaf antennas, problem is that something with the transmitter went faulty. Last range test that i did clocked at 1km ! I know that this TX will destroy itself if the antenna is not installed when it's powered on so i really took get care of it. Now all of a sudden went almost dead...

1km range test:

I know about the cloverleaf antennas, problem is that something with the transmitter went faulty. Last range test that i did clocked at 1km ! I know that this TX will destroy itself if the antenna is not installed when it's powered on so i really took get care of it. Now all of a sudden went almost dead...

1km range test:
Even 200mw should get half a km in many cases... 50m does sound like what you would get if it had no antenna at all.

At least good news is that the Git2 has lower latency than most cameras (Mobius, GoPro, etc.) and for casual flying we don't need a secondary camera.
80-100 ms lag for live view
~ 150 ms lag when recording 1080p@60fps

Here are some of my RC vehicles. I also have a 2wd Slash and a modified Tear Into jet boat.
med.jpg
360.jpg

med.jpg
med.jpg

med.jpg

Haha that reminded me, my friend have just ordered 2 of those small jet boats for us, and spares for the one he allready have :D

Im in there too @s peaker.

Wish i had places to use my losi crawler, but i have to admit that one was a ill thought over buy on my part, simply no rocks in this country :oops:

But my Axial and RC4WD cars do allright in the dirt here.

Im in there too @s peaker.
I suspected you had an account over there, A lot of the pictures you posted in the "Pics that make you smile" thread I had seen on RCC.
Like the Kangaroos in the snow pic, I posted that on RCC the day before you posted it here. :)

Back