the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Too bad the rear prop are not tilting too, still look forward to transition and level flight.

Volantex Decathlon ... ( With 44mm Wheels )

d175c929a56699fec627134e1ba9212c.jpg

2be4ffe2dfc9118e64902f4fc7255fd9.jpg

Got a new one to test out, the lucky "S13" eScooter comes as a huge surprise, while boasting a design similar with the Honghao S12 it's actually a totally different machine. Starting from the powertrain system which now comes with 2x 1500W motor and controllers and continuing with the power supply from a 20.8Ah 60V hardcase battery, the new S13 is capable of longer range or higher speeds while keeping a better acceleration throughout the battery SoC level. The scooter also comes with new suspension bushes and new more solid arms that are places on the same side thus improving stability and control. The accessories have also been upgraded and it features 3 chip LED side lights which are more brighter than the COB LED lights of the S12, it also includes a front headlight with integrated horn and also comes with handlebar mounted lights switch. Usability & safety has also been upgraded by adding dual charge option and using a safety fuse on the battery output to prevent accidents from happening.

Anyone here tried the new Mavic Mini yet?

Wife: "Honey can you clear the snow off the driveway?"
Husband: "Certainly dear!"

Phil

Here is the first part of my review of the Dragonfly KK13 which is a "clone" or more of a "look-a-like" GPS drone that resembles the Parrot ANAFI and is advertised of having similar specs. It features a 2-axis gimbal stabilized camera capable of upward and downward shooting without getting props into view, WiFi live FPV, foldable frame & props, and a slightly bigger Li-Hv 3000mAh 2S battery that should give it 28 minutes of flight time. The included smart phone app also provides smart flight modes such as follow me, RTH and way-points.
It is available for less than 200$

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my first part of the review for the JJRC X12 which is one of the most advanced models that we have seen until now from this brand. It actually shares the production platform with C-Fly Faith and Eachine EX4 and features a 3 axis gimbal, folding arms, legs and propellers. It also comes with a big 2400mAh 3S Li-Hv battery that gives it about 25 minutes of flight time. The provided app has several flight modes, provides automatic return to home and live WiFi fpv. To further enhance the drone a pair of ultrasonic sensors and a visual positioning system VPU are employed to enable position hold and altitude hold even without using the GPS thus increasing the flight security and enabling indoor flight.

Look okay, hope to see some footage soon.

I got this Segway NineBot Max at the end of October to replace my M365. I was pretty keen on purchasing the FFR horizon/zero8 but really needed pneumatic tires as my area has slick road surfaces in the morning 75% of the year.

I've been doing full commutes with it. My usual route is ~14.5 miles each way with a lot of elevation on my way back home.

I start with a full charge from home and ended up with 54% battery when I got to work. Going home with a full charge, I ended up with 39% capacity due to much more climbing.

It definitely is bigger than the M365 and it feels like it. I would hit the advertised 18MPH on the flats and on most slight uphill grades. The slowest it has gone up a hill is 12MPH according to the display. That’s on my last and steepest (>14%) hill on the way home. No doubt that voltage sag is a factor at that point. That’s still faster than I can do on my bike, though. When going downhill, the regen braking is definitely kicking in as it won’t go faster than 22MPH.

Overall, it’s mostly what I wanted as I wanted a full commuter as opposed to the “last mile” scooter that the M365 was for me.

Other random thoughts: Standing on a moving platform on wheels for over an hour uses up different muscles than when I'm on a bike and I feel it in my thighs and my lower back. I think I'm relatively fit since I'll do 28-30 miles for my commute on my bike. But I'm mostly sitting on my saddle. And since I'm not pedaling on the scooter, my body is definitely feeling more cold. My heart rate riding a bike is usually around 150-160 BPM and makes for good cardio. But either activity is healthier than sitting in my car getting pissed at other drivers.

max.jpg

Last edited:
I am too old for that sh..
And those mono wheels ASO i almost get angry seeing one, even if its some guy in a far away country on youtube.
It is like any form of movement in the gold fashioned way have been outlawed, and that movie with the little cleaning robot and the fat people in hover chairs look more and more plausible to me.

It is probably a age thing, i use to be much more free spirited bordering anarchistic, but now so much tick me off.
And related to other unfortunate trands i see in poblic i am wondering when E - things will get big speakers and amplifires so they can be annoying loud like people do to their cars and motorcycles.

Last edited:

Humid as all !
The rebuilt 450x is getting trimmed for decent flight .

Micro FS2A Rx with 5A brushed ESC
8520 motor
1.9g servos
Nanotech 260 1s

I am too old for that sh..
And those mono wheels ASO i almost get angry seeing one, even if its some guy in a far away country on youtube.
It is like any form of movement in the gold fashioned way have been outlawed, and that movie with the little cleaning robot and the fat people in hover chairs look more and more plausible to me.

It is probably a age thing, i use to be much more free spirited bordering anarchistic, but now so much tick me off.
And related to other unfortunate trands i see in poblic i am wondering when E - things will get big speakers and amplifires so they can be annoying loud like people do to their cars and motorcycles.

I totally understand the sentiment. When the rental companies started here in San Francisco, it was a mess since the local government did not authorize permits for the scooter shares but they did it anyway. That led to a lot of no cares given by the companies and their customer base. Now that I use one, it's become obvious (to me) how great of a solution it can be. I still think its super dorky but I can't deny how efficient and fun it is.

On a related note, here's my other form of transport out for a nice weekend ride:

orbea.jpg

When you power yourself on whatever, we Danes call it running on the rye-bread engine.
I should kick start that engine, but seeing how fast i get out of wind just walking i think i am best off sticking to that.

When you power yourself on whatever, we Danes call it running on the rye-bread engine.
I should kick start that engine, but seeing how fast i get out of wind just walking i think i am best off sticking to that.
Start small and work your way up from there. Maybe ride 0.5km or something and see how you feel. It's the only way to do it. No sense in trying to ride 1000km on the first day - you'll kill yourself and never ride again. But if you steadily work up to longer distances, you'll be fine.

start small and build it up, you might surprise yourself

Thats what i did in the warm up to the 128 KM walk i had planned a few years ago, but really when i have walked for 2 - 3 hours i am done for not only the day but also the next one.
I did bite the bullet one time and also walk the next day, but that was a bad idea and the following days i set a personal on DCT online record.
And that planned walk needed me to walk for 8 - 10 hours a day, with a backpack which i also did not have on my warm up walks.
High impact, or should i say exercise where lounges need to deliver a lot of air, that's not going to work with my inhalers and what's in them now, and i have already 10 X the dose those inhalers give as the first ones did not give me anything i need.
And a asthma attack or what the hell it is i get when i push it "too hard" well that's not comfortable at all, feel like you are breathing from a plastic bag someone have already used, and having to inhale that through a fist full of cotton jammed down your throat.
Just about where panic set in, not the way i would want to go for sure, i can come up with much more pleasant and exiting and not least fast ways to go.

Those people playing with autoerotic asphyxiation i don't get that al all. ( had to verify and correct my spelling on that one, but at least what i had google could make something off and i did have autoerotic correct )

OFF-Topic but might be interesting for some of you. From one of my other groups & pages this came up. I'm doing a free (not raffle) Giveaway of a brand new Fiido D2 eBike. You must be from an European country. It's very easy to join, just read the original post here: https://www.facebook.com/TechTronic9000/posts/1372527332938609

Attachments

• 87375805_230812448059647_2641354897915641856_n.jpg
    87375805_230812448059647_2641354897915641856_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1
Back