the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Bender got jacked up alright in that episode.

New RAM in my computer trip it up, so instead of running the normal 1800 / 3600 MHZ of the ram it will only run 1067 / 2134 MHZ,,,,,,,,, :cautious:

So yesterday i tried everything, from moving ram blocks around to spending hours in bios, and it just will not work, and only google wisdom i found was a guy experiencing the same on another brand motherboard, and in his case it was a faulty RAM socket.
SO ! on Monday i an starting RMA proceedings on my 1 year and 2 days old motherboard.

With 6 blocks installed i can do bios, just like i do with 2 or 4 blocks, the save + exit and then during boot the computer reboot on its own 2 times before it finally start up, and after that i can boot just fine, but RAM will run slower.
And if i look in bios the RAM are still set to 3600 MHZ speed, so if i save + exit then the computer do the same initial weird startup.
BUT ! the computer are still 100 % stable, benchmark and game just fine its just the RAM are not running at overclocked speeds.

Yesterday i got a letter from my landlord, they have terminated their deal with the cable company, so from January 1 i will not be forced to pay for cable TV i don't want, so my TV will be retired to its box, while i contemplate what to do,,,,, which i think will be nothing.

I did for about a week when my CRT monitor died, it wasent that bad on my supersize computer table.
Though i did not play any game back then.

Expect to see me a lot more on here come next year :sneaky:

I think that forum has one of the best mods / admins ever, just noticed the "and electric rideable thread" - brilliant!

Just in time for another one of my contraptions!

The Fiido L2 is an "pocket" foldable eBike with a lot of improvements over previous models. The first thing to be noted is the big and removable battery that comes with a 960Wh capacity along with an upgraded 48V powertrain. The hub motor like on the D2 uses the same internal ring gears that increase the torque a lot while the power was increased to 350W! Comfort wise we now get front shocks, double rear adjustable shocks and a large cushion saddle with extra springs!

PS: lots of drone shots taken with my ANAFI

Not legal to ride 2 persons on a bicycle or moped here, and of course the reasoning are pretty lame.
Like police will say this moped are not meant ( dimensioned for use by 2 persons ) but in other countries the same moped are sold and with a faster / stronger motor, and legal for 2 persons, and you cant tell me the put smaller brakes on mopeds going to Denmark.
Same argument police use if the kid have tuned his moped, simply ignoring that Denmark are the country where that particular moped are the slowest, and in other countries the non restricted moped will drive 2 X as fast.
So on COP TV programs the police man will say " Ooooo this is so bad, this moped are not build for such speeds " but really it are, its just in Denmark they are restricted as Danish kids are too stupid to handle a full power moped.

And that do seem to be true cuz many of the accidents here with kids, the majorety are young boys on mopeds often tuned.

This morning a 12 YO girl was killed on her way to school on her e scooter, the 50 YO man that hit her and killed her was suspected to be under the influence of alcohol and so have been charged with negligently manslaughter.

Last edited:
This is probably the most spectacular aerial video I have managed to edit until now. It is a demo showcase of the Parrot ANAFI's 4K camera made from various sequences I've taken in the past few weeks. For a 300g bird the quality is very good and gives the opportunity to edit it nicely when shot in 4K P-Log / 100mbit or 4K HDR. The samples were actually taken mostly in normal mode and HDR mode and slightly color graded in Cyberlink Power Direct / Color Director.

450x Wing in the wind .. + some Free flight Su27 ( lack off action - too windy )

They said 2kmh . more like 20kmh ...

My 3mm Depron DIY Su-27
F949 flight board
10mm Brushed motor

Sketchy !!!!

It do not sound like it is powerful enough to do a cobra maneuver. :)

500px-Su-27_Cobra_2b.png

Hehehehehehehe , that 10mm motor was barely @ 50% throttle .. Most of the time around 25% throttle .
It was only a half hearted attempt .. 4.50 is where I give it a half hearted go ...
The rest of the flight is just a poorly trimmed maiden .. The Su-27 is flying nose up because I have not trimmed it ..
+ This is Mark 2 , = Elevon extensions for more control .

I have done more work , and next time out I hope to trim for proper level flight .
Being DIY , issues must be worked thru ...

Take my word for it , there is a lot more thrust / power on tap ...

Looking forward to seeing more as the real SU-27 is my favorite fighter at the moment, and a real fighter versus my own countries new "does everything" F-35. I can see the improvement in both your flying it and it's abilities. Plus you're getting really good with the video work too!

Happy Boxing day to you @old4570 (y)

Phil

Thank you ..
There will be more , as long as the weather co operates

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to Everyone ..

It was a humid morning , the flies were trying to eat me ........ Aaaaaargh !

But , I was there to try and trim the Depron Su-27 for some nice level flight .

Looks like the elevator might want 30 to 50 percent Expo . Definitely has a stunt CG

Volantrex Sport Cub 500

They say a rattling sound is normal for some antennas. Probably not this one though.
95703.jpg

And since the crash that did that also bent/stripped the sma connector it was on, I tried to replace that cable. The mmcx connector didn't want to let go, and instead ripped off the solder pads from my vtx. :mad: I haven't taken it fully apart to see if there are other pads I can solder onto, or if any of the original pads are left (or did they come off completely)... Thankfully this is a $9 vtx (AKK Race) so it's not super horrible, but still annoying.
95705.jpg

On the positive side, I was able to get in some practice on new year's day with another local pilot, and I've definitely gotten better. Still FAR from pro level, but not a complete noob anymore.

Last edited:
Back