the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

Long awaited and delayed, here is the 2nd part of the review for the Dragonfly KK13 drone that resembles the ANAFI rather well from the design (shape) point of view. As for the performance the KK13 had a major let down and that is the camera / FPV, it's barely functional and the drone recordings from the micro SD card are entirely corrupted and not usable. There might be a work around / fix for this but that's another story. As for flight performance this quad is surprisingly good as it's stable, has good flight time, controls are working great and range seems good.

So finally managed to edit the maiden flight test of the JJRC X12, which turned out OK. The drone itself flies really good, really stable and the battery run time is great. Camera performance is modest but good for it's price class while the 3 axis gimbal is mostly doing a good job with some occasional horizon drift when you yaw too fast. Still all in all for the price that you pay is probably one of the best ready to fly drones taking into account the array of features that include GPS, sonar, optical flow, auto return to home, smart flight modes, etc.

Danish horses sure dont like RC toys, at least not our RC scale trucks, so we always drive off to the side and keep still while horses pass us ( recreational riders )
But Danish riding horses are probably also very pampered VS Romanian work horses.

Hunting the Robo-Hare, or how to use a 360 camera properly:

Although you don't see it in the clip, they had the same 360 camera on the eagle.

Later on she flew off carrying Robo-Hare in one claw, it weighs 5.8Kg!

Nice.
There are also some nice on bird footage on youtube.

There are also some nice on bird footage on youtube.
Yes, the other one on there of Tilly with the virtual 360 camera floating above the eagle is pretty good, don't understand how they managed to get the camera view so far above the eagle at times:
(No RC hare on this one.)

Yes, the other one on there of Tilly with the virtual 360 camera floating above the eagle is pretty good, don't understand how they managed to get the camera view so far above the eagle at times:

A similar mount is called the "narwahl" mount for std gopro and 360 camera.

A similar mount is called the "narwahl" mount for std gopro and 360 camera.
I can't quite see that mounted on an eagle, but then if the eagle can carry 5Kg, maybe it is not an issue!

I can't quite see that mounted on an eagle, but then if the eagle can carry 5Kg, maybe it is not an issue!
well, the insta360 is quite tall that would be enough to move the perspective up.
Of course the one I linked is an exxageration, just to prove the concept you can move the pov up.
Plus reframing down on the 360 sphere.

Which might not even needed,
Look over here in the picture gallery

Yes i have seen videos with guys having a 360 cam on a very short "pole" on the handlebar of a motorcycle, you almost get a quad copter feeling looking at the footage.

Its the extreme wide angle lenses of the 360 cameras that skew the distance perspective even more than dashcams do.

Its the extreme wide angle lenses of the 360 cameras that skew the distance perspective even more than dashcams do.
Yes, I thought this put the camera above his head when I watched it, but in reality you can't see over his hat:
1584818818943.png

A bit OT, but I just remember this program where they mounted camera on animals.
The most exciting was a Sony action BOSS-stabilized on a cheetah's head

Techie stuff (3d printed mount), a bit "old" now with 360/hypesmooth technologies

My last ride & review

This is in Romanian language as it's a local sold products, but CC - closed captions + automatic translate should mostly work.

It's a legal 250W fatbike, has a 48V@10Ah battery and it's very solid. I've enjoyed making the review as i did a lot of drone shots, even in a small wood, some follow me, etc.

FB_IMG_1586235563234.jpg

Meanwhile I finally managed to do the maiden flight of a quad I finished building like 3 weeks ago.

IMG_20200315_022345.jpg

Flies great. Battery has a lot more punch and smoother power delivery... Which it should - my last quad used 3s 1500mah 35c packs, and my new batteries are 4s 1550mah 100c!

I still have a lot to learn in terms of actual pilot skill, but I'm definitely a lot better than I was this time last year!

See cheap power Americans have, porch light on 24/7 even if you ran LED lights and like 5W that would be frowned upon here, and expensive.

See cheap power Americans have, porch light on 24/7 even if you ran LED lights and like 5W that would be frowned upon here, and expensive.
About a 1/4 price compared to yours, but 2/3rds of yours is taxes to subsidise the green wind power, which you then export to other countries, so places like the UK get to have cheaper electricity!

Not sure that really makes sense, since when we have plenty of wind our electricity is similar price to Texas, but when the wind stops it can be 4x the cost - wind power is cheap when it is available.

Yeah there are a lot of things going on here that just do not compute with me.

Hard to tell but it was about 7pm at that time. Street lights were coming on just like several automatic porch lights. My front porch lights are on a timer, but my back yard ones have a motion sensor.

Hard to tell but it was about 7pm at that time. Street lights were coming on just like several automatic porch lights. My front porch lights are on a timer, but my back yard ones have a motion sensor.
They all look rather yellow/orange, old incandescent technology?

If so then they would certainly not be approved of here, I had someone come round to check my house efficiency rating a few weeks ago, now the fact that I still had an incandescent light bulb in the under stairs cupboard is online for the entire nation to see!

I would still kill for cheap American power and Gasoline, you guys got it made on those items,,,,, at least as a outsider looking from over here.

NN = Naughty Nigel.

I got CCFL in my bathroom, the kitchen also have under cupboards CCFL but i never use those, only light i have in the kitchen are what filter thru the 1.5 X 3 foot opaque glass in the wall between kitchen and bathroom.

And which are plenty for me to do what little i do in the kitchen night or day.

0 light in my bedroom, other than my flashlight i do use when it is very dark and i look for something, but otherwise my bed i can find with no light even in the darkest winter days.
2 x 15 W LED in my living room and 1 X 9 W LED in my computer table lamp.

I don't turn on the stairwell light when i leave my apartment, it have plenty of glass and there is a street light right outside + in relation to bright / darkness my eyes still work just fine.
Same go for the back stairwell most times of the day or year, but in the very darkest days of winter i do use the light there when i go do my laundry in the basement, cuz it have smaller windows and no street light in the back yard.

What is included in my rent of heating and power just about cover what i use, so every year in January i get a slightly higher rent to pay for the difference.
A normal user / family would be hit much harder on the heating / power i am sure, i have only had my heating on for a few hours in 7 days or so over this winter, and only in the living room, bedroom - kitchen and bathroom are not something i heat.

Back