Thinkware 750 Development

I want the mount to stick just under rain and light sensor for a neat look. If the measurements for the mount on their website is correct I have just about enough space there. Can someone tell me if the nount connect to the bottom or top of the camera?

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 20
I want the mount to stick just under rain and light sensor for a neat look. If the measurements for the mount on their website is correct I have just about enough space there. Can someone tell me if the nount connect to the bottom or top of the camera?
These are some mounting pics.IMG_0443.JPGIMG_1355.JPGIMG_1356.JPGIMG_1357.JPGIMG_1364.JPGIMG_1372.JPGHope this helps.

Thanks for the pictures I think I'll be off with a F770 for a neater installation. Or might just wait and see what the F800 has to offer. How does the app handle 2 separate cameras? I was thinking of getting 2 separate cameras instead of a dual channel set up mainly for more storage.

Thanks for the pictures I think I'll be off with a F770 for a neater installation. Or might just wait and see what the F800 has to offer. How does the app handle 2 separate cameras? I was thinking of getting 2 separate cameras instead of a dual channel set up mainly for more storage.
I am using 128gig. When price of 192gig gets much lower I will try that for more storage. Have not heard if anyone has had success with 192gig yet. The app only handles the front and rear. I guess you could run 2 fronts separately. Very expensive solution to resolve storage though.

What are the chances of me purchasing a F750 now in the UK and it coming pre installed with an older version of firmware so I can "convert" it to F750? Do they generally come installed with new firmwares?

I can't 100% guarantee this as i would have to power up the cameras and break the security seal etc but a customer just bought an F750 from us and it came with V1.00.15 on it. I was surprised to be honest! He was very happy though!!

Wonder if I should bite the bullet and go for a F750 and leave it at current firmware to see if F800 firmware would work on it :p

I doubt that the 800 will work. its a completely new SoC and significantly faster than our F750/F770 hardware

We dont have a definite date for the F800 Air as yet but im pretty sure it will be at least another few months. Then i will want to familiarise myself with it, i've played with Cloud cameras before and they have been a bit hit & miss. Although i would like to think this one will be much better!

I can't 100% guarantee this as i would have to power up the cameras and break the security seal etc but a customer just bought an F750 from us and it came with V1.00.15 on it. I was surprised to be honest! He was very happy though!!

That might have been me!!! Pretty chuffed that it came with the older firmware, so now I've got a F770 for an unbelievable price before the price increase last week and a discount code :D

Last edited:
So what's the best price I can get the F770 for right now?

I bought an F750 2CH hardwire for £145 by using the thinkwaredashcam website and converted it to an F770. It involved a bit of faith that it would come as a V1.00.15 to upgrade it, but worth the saving over normal RRP for an F770

So what's the best price I can get the F770 for right now?

Our best price is www.thinkwaredashcam.uk and use the below codes i think it knocks about £14 off of the price.

F770 Front Camera (Hardwire or Plug & Play) - T16F770
F770 Front & Rear (Hardwire or Plug & Play) - T32F770

Just had a little play around with a mates transcend DO220 past couple days. Video quality is acceptable but wifi file transfer is poor. Is the F750/70's wifi transfer similar?

It takes about 1 minute to download a 1 minute clip (approx 80mb) from the camera with my phone (Sony Xperia X)

I was testing an LG camera last week and that transferred about the same speed via WiFi too.

So what happens if someone tries to upgrade from 1.00.22 or later? Does it brick, or just not update?
I picked up a F750 about 20 days ago. I'm in the US. It came with 1.00.14. I used it for a day then upgraded to 1.00.24, before thinking it may be possible to upgrade it.
I was under the impression that the form factor was the difference between the F750 and F770. Not realizing that the F750 doesn't include time-lapse. I was checking out the motion parking for a couple of weeks before moving to time-lapse, only to realize it isn't there. I really wanted the time-lapse for putting it in parking mode full time and making long time-lapse vids. It is currently too late to return it.
It really is rather disappointing they didn't include that feature for essentially no reason. The different form factor is enough to justify the price difference, IMO. There is no reason to hold out on a useful feature for no reason other than firmware.

This experience will defiantly shy me away from Think ware for my other vehicles. Granted I should have noticed the feature differences, but I could swear I saw someplace that said it had it at some point.

I am assuming that a factory reset doesn't reset the firmware.

any attempt to upgrade from .24 750 firmware to the F770 firmware will fail, in fact it wont even attempt to install it, there is no risk to bricking it but you are screwed. you need to be on v15 or earlier to beable to upgrade to the F770.

there is no way to factory reset it that we have access too, there is no way to change back to an earlier firmware that we have access to

Ulrik, the time lapse function only works in parking mode, which activates when power is lost from ACC whilst it is still maintained on BATT. To get yours working you will need to re-route the ACC wire to a point (preferably safe fuse-tap) which is only powered when the car is not parked.

Back