Thinkware 750 Development

Just to confirm,

Am i able to update the firmware to the latest F770 firmware version once i have already updated it to F770 firmware from the F750?
do i have to do it one by one . eg. 750 firmware to 770 firmware 1. (latest f770 is firmware 5. ) can i go straight to 770 firmware 5. or do i have to do 770 1 then 2 then 3 .....?
Thanks

Hello Sirs,
Thinkware issued new update 1.00.26 for F750, does anybody installed this update? how it is, what new in improvement, changes or worse has?
Also i would be much appreciated for advise! interesting in change option to put firmware from F770 to F750 and have some asks
1-Now i have 1.00.24 version, I asked from thinkware about possibilty to make downgrade, and they replied -you can downgrade through unzip the firmware file in to the root of memory card, and wonder to the posted above on top by Dee_82 (THERE IS CURRENTLY NO WAY TO REVERT TO 0.15) , why?
2- After installation f770_3_1.00.02.zip on F750 should i update next firmware 03, 06,... by step or i can install last.
3- Have somebody real compared what differ have between two firmwares (recording better, has it supernight vision features and difference with nigth of F750 recording? and etc),
4- Time laps mode at parking on firmware from F770 turns manually or automatic? as have doubt in record quality due of as thinkware mentioned aabout data- reduced 1 frame per second
Thanks

Hello Sirs,
Thinkware issued new update 1.00.26 for F750, does anybody installed this update? how it is, what new in improvement, changes or worse has?
Also i would be much appreciated for advise! interesting in change option to put firmware from F770 to F750 and have some asks
1-Now i have 1.00.24 version, I asked from thinkware about possibilty to make downgrade, and they replied -you can downgrade through unzip the firmware file in to the root of memory card, and wonder to the posted above on top by Dee_82 (THERE IS CURRENTLY NO WAY TO REVERT TO 0.15) , why?
2- After installation f770_3_1.00.02.zip on F750 should i update next firmware 03, 06,... by step or i can install last.
3- Have somebody real compared what differ have between two firmwares (recording better, has it supernight vision features and difference with nigth of F750 recording? and etc),
4- Time laps mode at parking on firmware from F770 turns manually or automatic? as have doubt in record quality due of as thinkware mentioned aabout data- reduced 1 frame per second
Thanks

I can only comment on question 1 & 4 i'm afraid. The update was for a handful of F750's & F770's that on occasion would delete the Speed Camera database very 4-8 weeks. Timelapse once set in the settings would start approx 30 seconds after the ignition was turned off automatically (Camera has to be Hardwired) in most instances 1 frame per second is enough to get the info you need whilst keeping smaller file sizes but yes there could be the odd instance more frames could be helpful, you have to work out a balance as you never get everything that you want.

I can only comment on question 1 & 4 i'm afraid. The update was for a handful of F750's & F770's that on occasion would delete the Speed Camera database very 4-8 weeks. Timelapse once set in the settings would start approx 30 seconds after the ignition was turned off automatically (Camera has to be Hardwired) in most instances 1 frame per second is enough to get the info you need whilst keeping smaller file sizes but yes there could be the odd instance more frames could be helpful, you have to work out a balance as you never get everything that you want.
Thank for reply,
Need to clarify response as not clear ( knowledge of english is middle and difficult to understand)
Do you have F750 model? Did you install last 0.26 update?
What mean - The update was for a handful of F750's & F770's that on occasion would delete the Speed Camera database very 4-8 weeks. as speed cam data could download separate from thinkware
Timelapse at parking works automatically or could turn on manually?

1, it didn't work, after .15 they changed something in the firmware to prevent you from installing F770 firmware, at the same time they also prevent you from downgrading to a .15 firmware, I suspect they did this in full knowledge that it would stop people getting a free F770. try it and see if it works. it didnt on my unit.
2, once your on the F770 firmware path you can install firmwares as if it was a real f770 so you can jump to the most recent Firmware, no need to install them sequentially, the reason I suggested using an early f770 firmware was because later revisions might have been modified to not work on f750 devices.
3, the F770 has super night mode which is actually pretty good, but it is a software fix, you could achieve the same results with video editing software but this is more hassle. the time lapse is ok but with such a slow FPS it is difficult to see a number plate if its moving with any speed. if you live on a street with significant traffic time lapse will help you record the whole night. on motion mine usually packs in about 5am which is a pain.
4 you can select timelapse or motion, once set however it will automatically record as long as you have the correct hardwire kit installed.

Maddog had them all and a very useful bit of kit for fixing the devices ;) He is a distributor of thinkware products. I was actually looking at upgrading to the new version but the price!? that's some serious price bump on a front and rear setup!

1, it didn't work, after .15 they changed something in the firmware to prevent you from installing F770 firmware, at the same time they also prevent you from downgrading to a .15 firmware, I suspect they did this in full knowledge that it would stop people getting a free F770. try it and see if it works. it didnt on my unit.
2, once your on the F770 firmware path you can install firmwares as if it was a real f770 so you can jump to the most recent Firmware, no need to install them sequentially, the reason I suggested using an early f770 firmware was because later revisions might have been modified to not work on f750 devices.
3, the F770 has super night mode which is actually pretty good, but it is a software fix, you could achieve the same results with video editing software but this is more hassle. the time lapse is ok but with such a slow FPS it is difficult to see a number plate if its moving with any speed. if you live on a street with significant traffic time lapse will help you record the whole night. on motion mine usually packs in about 5am which is a pain.
4 you can select timelapse or motion, once set however it will automatically record as long as you have the correct hardwire kit installed.

Maddog had them all and a very useful bit of kit for fixing the devices ;) He is a distributor of thinkware products. I was actually looking at upgrading to the new version but the price!? that's some serious price bump on a front and rear setup!

Many thanks for reply!
I have hardware kit,
So in recording aspects there is no difference compare 750 and 770 firmwares wright? just two features supernight and timelapse more correct?
Regarding timelapse please clarify could it set of at parking mode time, mean parking record (moving&etc) could record as usual but not like 1 frames ps
Also did you considered option for remote view and alert? for example use through huawei e8372 modem or phone, think in theory it could be done, may be some additional in firmware will required, why not be like BlackVue dr650s or better, may be to discuss with thinkware support, what you think?

Timelapse IS parking mode.

You have normal recording - Records whilst driving in full quality regardless of other settings.

Parking mode - Timelapse - 1 FPS, lasts longer than motion if your on a busy street but can be a problem with moving objects being seen clearly
Parking mode - Motion - reduced quality from normal but perfectly readable but may not last a full night on a busy street.
(you must choose one or the other)

Incident recording is enabled with both of the above - if the device detects an impact it records the following
- if in timelapse mode it will record 3 min before and after the event in 1fps
- if in motion it will record 10 seconds before and after the even in reduced quality

Remote view has a serious problem. The limiting factor for the device and the whole reason they added timelapse mode is the car battery. the device will eat a car battery overnight if its powered up fully. the most energy consumption actually comes from writing the data to the SD card. which is why a motion detection parking mode will last all night IF there isn't much motion (the camera is always monitoring whats going on through the camera which is how it records 20secs or 3 min BEFORE an impact)

could you wifi connect a device which then streams to a computer? yes but you wouldn't want to.

Actually, thinking about it I don't think the wifi connection lasts very long either, pretty sure it disconnects after a period of time so you would need to somehow modify the firmware. which is probably doable were it not for one small problem.

Whilst I can dump the contents of the device and I can make modifications to the firmware, I have no reliable way of testing if I can flash it back on without risking by device. Now there is a little bit of kit that certain vendors have which would allow me to recover a dead device but I don't have access to that bit of kit and im not willing to brick my camera :)

Please help me...
After install F770 firmware files..now i have issue with video quality....now i can not see any license plates..

Interesting .. here in US I got the camera with the F750/1.00.15US firmware, then flashed to F770/1.00.02US and the Super night vision appeared. Then I decided to flash to the latest F770/1.00.08 and now everything looks like is revert back to F750 even tho it says F770. The super night vision menu is gone, so just everyone knows, somehow they patched that security breach in our cameras. So after some trials I was able to load the F770/1.00.03US successfully and all the features of the F770 are available again. But definitely avoid the F770/1.00.08US.

Last edited:
Interesting .. here in US I got the camera with the F750/1.00.15US firmware, then flashed to F770/1.00.02US and the Super night vision appeared. Then I decided to flash to the latest F770/1.00.08 and now everything looks like is revert back to F750 even tho it says F770. The super night vision menu is gone, so just everyone knows, somehow they patched that security breach in our cameras. So after some trials I was able to load the F770/1.00.03US successfully and all the features of the F770 are available again. But definitely avoid the F770/1.00.08US.
That's strange as my F750 updated to F770 works the same after I updated to F770 1.00.08UK as it did before the update, including super night vision.

That's strange as my F750 updated to F770 works the same after I updated to F770 1.00.08UK as it did before the update, including super night vision.

Well, see for yourself, I am pretty sure that I did everything correctly and right after it allowed me to go back to F770/1.00.03US got the features back. So do it on your own risk people. Just trying to prevent you from loosing the nice features..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180420-160212.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-160212.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20180420-160319.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-160319.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20180420-163125.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-163125.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20180420-164216.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-164216.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 17
I was a bit worried about this because I updated my F750 from F770v06 ro F770v08 and apart from hearing it announce that the update was successful, I hadn't checked it. So I just did and I can confirm that it states that it is on v08 and the F770 features of time-lapse and night vision are available. So that seems to confirm that my F750 has successfully updated to v08 and still has the F770 functions.

I updated my F750 to F770 firmware ver. 08 with no problem. It went through the usual upgrade procedure and acknowkledged the upgrade and proceeded to record.

Confirmed, F750 to F770 firmware update to 1.00.08 with no problem, super night vision still there.

Feedback on potential FW update

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for my late reply to your inquiry.
Actually F770&F750 models did not add more than 48 hours as an option because we worried about battery drain.
However, if an external battery is used, it is well understood that the unlimit option is necessary.
We are only proceeding with firmware updates when absolutely necessary.(such as fix bug and add features only)
Next time when we update firmware for F750&F770, we will add the options you mentioned.
I will also forward your opinion to the relevant department for review.

I’m really apologize again for the late.
When I get any update for it, I’ll let you know.

Thank you.
THINKWARE.

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2019 11:47 PM
To: 김 예지 <yjkim11@thinkware.co.kr>; 고객만족 <cs@thinkware.co.kr>
Subject: Thinkware support

Good day

I’m coming back on my (below) emails of july 2018 & dec 2017

Although I’m still very happy about my cameras, I find the lack
Of support and feedback from thinkware very disappointing.

You never even took the time to reply to any of the below emails.

That’s not the right way to treat a loyal customers in my opinion.

Pleased ti have your feedback on this

Regards

Sent: 13 July 2018 13:51
To: '김 예지' <yjkim11@thinkware.co.kr>
Subject: RE: Q About thinkware F750 & F770

Good day.
We spoke by email in november 2017 (see below)

I was wondering if any further developments are expected ?

I get the feeling that thinkware only really cares about their latest products
And very quickly abandon the older models.

Plsd to hear

Sent: 05 December 2017 14:02
To: '김 예지' <yjkim11@thinkware.co.kr>

Thanks for your reply, although highly disappointing

I get the feeling (and with me quite a few other thinkware users) that
You are not much in touch with what the customers want, and on top
It seems you are only concentrating on the newest models when it comes to updates

If you are truly interested in customer feedback then suggest you
Visit here once in a while https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/thinkware.82/

Kind regards

Sent: 28 November 2017 02:32

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting THINKWARE.

For now, we have no plan about that, but we’ll consider it.
Thank you for your opinion.

Thank you.
THINKWARE.

Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:09 AM
To: 고객만족 <cs@thinkware.co.kr>
Subject: Q About thinkware F750 & F770

Good day.

I would really appreciate it if the parkmode could be set without limit (instead of max 48hrs)

This is possible on the F800, so surely this must be possible on the other models?

I am very happy with your products (I have both the f750 & f770 dual in my car, creating a 360° view),
but this is a majors disadvantage , especially since I use an external battery which easily gives me 3 days of power.

Pleased to hear.

Kind regards,

next time they update the firmware they'll add the features you asked for, you asked over a year ago, do you have any confidence in that actually happening?

It's time to update my original (2015) front & rear F750 (on F770 firmware) to something more current. Both front & rear are hardwired. I don't want to have to remove and replace this hardwiring so can someone technically minded let me know if it's possible to either upgrade to a current Thinkware dashcam (perhaps recommend which?) or suggest a different manufacturers dashcam that can run on my existing hard wiring please? Much appreciated. Ian

Wow, the Thinkware F750 is a blast from the past! The good news is that I believe Thinkware is still rocking the same hardwire kit, so that can all stay the same regardless of your model choice. As for the rear camera cable, if memory servers, that's a straight-tipped USB Micro-B plug. The Q1000 does also use USB Micro-B, but it's a right angle plug so it may be a bit wonky, rewiring would likely be best. The U3000 and F200 Pro would use different rear camera cable types.

Back