Thinkware F750 Card Error

two weeks ago i bought
Samsung - PRO+ 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Black/White
(MB-MD64DA/AM)
and it seems to work without card error messages

On a related matter, the USB dongle card reader that I got with my F750 died after being used for only a few times. I noticed that it got quite warm when in use.

two weeks ago i bought
Samsung - PRO+ 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card - Black/White
(MB-MD64DA/AM)

and it seems to work without card error messages

Works fine straight out of the package for me too.

I'm using a 64Gb Samsung with no problems. Will be look at a 128Gb card this week.

Just purchased my F750 front, X500 rear, Hardwire kit, 2 add-a-circuit taps & 64GB MicroSD card from Amazon. Amazon was having a $110 off sale for the Thinkware products. The F750 was $219.99. The sale is over now and the price is back to $283. Usually it's a little under $300. Amazon still has $20 off coupon for the X500 rear cam and $10 off the hardwire cable kit for the thinkware.

I got the Thinkware F750, X500 & Hardwire kit for $317US before taxes. Add the MicroSD card + Add-a-circuit fuse taps and tax grand total was $381US.

The amazon ad for the F750 unit doesn't state what size MicroSD card it comes with. I went ahead and ordered a 64GB Sandisk anyways. Well when my F750 unit arrived it came with a 16GB Thinkware MicroSD card. I took my 64GB MicroSD card and popped it into the unit and for now everything works with no errors. My computer says it has 59GB of available space.

I ran tests on the Sandisk 64GB MicroSD card because there are a lot of amazon reviews claiming fakes and counterfeits are sold. I used CrystalDisk software and it came in at about 37mb read and write just incase anyone is wondering.

Here is the model # of the MicroSD card by Sandisk

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00M55C1I2
SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A [Old Version]

I purposely bought this "Old Version" instead of the newer updated version because the model # was closest to the one posted by member "GILL" in Post # 32

I tried searching for the specific model # s/he posted which was "SDSDQUA-064G-UQ46A" and found 0 results on Amazon so I decided to take a risk and purchase the one I posted above.

I am slightly worried because it seems like the MicroSD card problem usually occurs after 2+ weeks of use. I'll find out eventually. The 64GB Thinkware MicroSD card is about $80!

I purchased this card and it worked right out of the box!!!! Thank You. Just so others know, I purchased a similar but faster card that did not work (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA).

My US-purchased F750 came with a puny 16GB card and I wanted to swap in a (suitably fast) larger 3rd-party 32GB card instead. The dashcam complained about memory card errors just like you said when I attempted to start it up with the pre-formatted card fresh from the card's packaging.

I just got off the phone with ThinkWare tech support and discovered the secret to using a 3rd party MicroSD card with the unit. Format the new card using Windows (don't know about Mac options) and select the "exFAT" format and the 128kb allocation unit size. I did that on my PC, then put the newly-formatted card in the DashCam and it started up normally. Upon successful startup, I used the dashcam's "Format" button to ensure that the card was ready to use, and then browsed/adjusted all my settings to ensure that it was still they way I liked it. Done.

Hello,
I had a Thankware F750 (Front & Rear camera) installed in December 2015. Today I removed the memory card (original Thinkware) to view some of the videos. By this opportunity I copied the recent FW 1.00.15. Since I did this my dashcam keeps restarting in the same way as described in another post.

I have the original Thainkware memory card, but I cant format it in any form/way.

Hello,
I had a Thinkware F750 (Front & Rear camera) installed in December 2015. Today I removed the memory card (original Thinkware) to view some of the videos. By this opportunity I copied the recent FW 1.00.15. Since I did this my dashcam keeps restarting in the same way as described in another post.

I have the original Thinkware memory card, but I cant format it in any form/way.

Hi me again,
yes worst case I have to go to the place where I got the F750 from, it is the original card.
What I found out in my case , the MicroSD card is LOCKED.I dont know what caused the LOCK of the card and how to remove the LOCKED status. I am still looking into a solution to fix this MicroSD Card LOCK.

Hi me again,
yes worst case I have to go to the place where I got the F750 from, it is the original card.
What I found out in my case , the MicroSD card is LOCKED.I dont know what caused the LOCK of the card and how to remove the LOCKED status. I am still looking into a solution to fix this MicroSD Card LOCK.

once they go to lock status you generally can't fix that

I have also tried formatting via the Thinkware Dashcam Viewer, but that says that it cannot format the card as it is being used by Dash Cam Viewer or another program. A sort of catch 22 situation.
Try running the SETTING\F750_Setting.exe from your memory card directory to format your card instead of doing from the Thinkware Dashcam Viewer.

Try running the SETTING\F750_Setting.exe from your memory card directory to format your card instead of doing from the Thinkware Dashcam Viewer.
Hi I tried everything and replaced it. The card is for the bin.

Not a very assuring think that these cards fail in a dash cam system. I am running the new microSD card over a week now and hope this one will last longer.

Although far from being an expert, I do work in the IT hardware industry and have experience of microelectronics. Memory compatibility is very often a problem and so is quality. Most system vendors do extensive final testing including heat soaking to ensure that the final system will be reliable. As I have already stated, I believe that although I think the Thinkware product design is good, due to the level of issues reported on this forum, I suspect that their final product QA is lacking. Having said that I think I agree with Thinkware somewhat that SD cards perhaps should be considered consumables.

I've bought an Scandisk 64gb Class 10 card and it also was rejected by the F750 unit, I bought the Kingston 64gb Class 10 90MB/s ($55 Australian) and it worked a treat.

it is possible to format the secure part of the SD CARD, the problem is, as far as I am aware no one has any software that will do it. I spoke to the SD association some time ago and they confirmed that within the spec is the means to send a format command but alas no one uses it, SOME hardware will do it, some digital cameras, some audio equipment, some mobiles but even their own SD formatter software wont do it so if you need to access the protected area of the card your going to have problems.

I'm happy to report that the SanDisk Ultra 200GB microSDXC works fine in the F750 :)

Back