Thinkware F770

Same problem here but i figured out pretty easy solution with iPhone.

1. press wifi button off / on one time (on camera)
2. close app from the phone if it was on backround and try again. Noticed that sometimes it just wont before app is restarted

I have been using wifi pretty much and those 2 steps has fixed connection issues everytime.

My camera has an August build date and although I'm very happy with it I've notice the rattling on recordings too?

Edit: video has been muted due to stereo music. Will update with new video tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Let's try again shortened video hopefully this won't get muted. You can clearly hear rattles

Defo the buttons as I used tape over the buttons as one person here suggested and that solved it temporarily.

Ive just spoken to Chameleon UK and they informed me that they will be swapping mine out. They also said they have had their whole stock replaced about two weeks ago and mine may have been one that slipped the net. (Mine has an August Build Date). Luckily I purchased from a well established vendor who so far has been helpful. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens. Otherwise than the rattle on buttons the device is spot on.

Well I've received an RMA and Chameleon will be collecting the parcel via DPD so far painless I've just dropped of the package which was camera unit only as that's all they needed. I was told a brand new replacement would be given. Ive included another video just before packaging. I feel Naked now without a camera. So far so good and superb communications from Chameleon.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    801.1 KB · Views: 25
Awesome service from Ben @ Chameleon. New camera replacement has arrived. I will be testing it in anticipation tomorrow.

Awesome service from Ben @ Chameleon. New camera replacement has arrived. I will be testing it in anticipation tomorrow.

Everything ok with new camera? I just sended my front unit back to UK (im from finland)

Yes. I am please to report no more rattling in recordings. My last video of me running my fingers up and down the unit are normal I think as the new one does this also. However on recordings there is no rattle and that's the main thing.

Hi dhavie,

I have also encountered sporadic issues connecting wifi via my iPhone 6s. It sounds weird, but have you tried unplugging the power cord from the camera and then plugging it back in? I don't know if it will make a difference, but sometimes when the camera itself won't turn on or otherwise respond to any button pushes, I have resorted to this tactic and generally meet with success. Another thing you might try, though not guaranteed to fix the problem, is to "forget" the device in your phone wifi settings and then reconnect to the Thinkware camera via wifi again. Also, I have had the app crash and freeze on me at times, so I've completely closed the app and restarted it. Or possibly restart your phone. Those are the only suggestions I have. I'm not sure why it's so finicky, but hopefully you'll find it'll work for you more often than not!

Same problem here but i figured out pretty easy solution with iPhone.

1. press wifi button off / on one time (on camera)
2. close app from the phone if it was on backround and try again. Noticed that sometimes it just wont before app is restarted

I have been using wifi pretty much and those 2 steps has fixed connection issues everytime.

Thank you all for respond. I manage to get it working for almost a week now. The support given by local retailer tremendously good. He advice us as follows:-
  1. Uninstall and reinstall the apps
  2. Update the firmware (got the firmware from him even I can get a copy from www.thinkware.com)
  3. Format my sd card (surprisingly I cannot find the format button in MAC version viewer). Use window version to format.
  4. Unzip the firmware folder and copy inside the sd card
  5. Perform upgrade firmware
  6. Viola.....all goes well.
Note: Be paitent. Follow the voice notification and wait....

Cheers....

So, I also have trouble with the rattling sound on my camera. Do they swap them out or what? :) I bought mine through random seller at ebay, so will probably be harder for me to get it replaced though. :/

Another brand new rattly/buzzy F770 here.

Poor show IMO

RAC - via Chameleon

Last edited:
Chamelon have not been helpful - they want me to return it at my expense to determine a possible fault.

My best plan is to get this junk back to the RAC asap!

I bought my F750 from the RAC. Abysmal customer service. Never again.

Back