Thinkware F770

bape

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Managed to get it installed yesterday, checked the time lapse today, people walking around looks like robots haha.

Its bigger then what i expected , but overall it flushes with the windscreen really well .

Questions please feel free to ask i will try to answer within my knowledge as much as i can .

Attachments

• IMG_20160527_1457479.jpg
    IMG_20160527_1457479.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20160527_1458072.jpg
    IMG_20160527_1458072.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_20160527_1458312.jpg
    IMG_20160527_1458312.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20160527_1459529.jpg
    IMG_20160527_1459529.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 249
Yes please:
1) Can you state the measurements?
2) Do you know if it uses the same mount as the F750?
3) I see two sockets on the same side as the F750. Are these the same, a microUSB for the rear cam and a power socket?
4) Does the time lapse work in both continuous and parking modes? Do you think it has any real advantage other than saving memory card space or for creating videos of long journeys?

Yes please:
1) Can you state the measurements?
2) Do you know if it uses the same mount as the F750?
3) I see two sockets on the same side as the F750. Are these the same, a microUSB for the rear cam and a power socket?
4) Does the time lapse work in both continuous and parking modes? Do you think it has any real advantage other than saving memory card space or for creating videos of long journeys?

1) i dont have the measurements with me at the moment , let me try to remove it later and give them to you
2) mount is different as you can see from the picture, its a even flatter mount , and enough to hook it in and stick on the windscreen
3) power is the same , i am using a F750 previously and upgraded to this , no changes has to be made . however , i only got the front cam installed at this moment , so i wont be able to tell if the rear is the same but i will see if i can ask those guys who sold me.
4) time lapse only works in parking , i try to get a few car plates and so far it works pretty well , my previously f750 doesnt record long enough during parking mode , therefore i think its a good way of saving files.

How have you found the "Super Night Vision"?

I should have included this in my earlier post....

The F770 is top of my list at the moment as I drive the most late evening/early am, and leave my car parked at night when I am at work, often on the street, so the idea that the parking mode has lighting enhancement is of some interest to me.

Also,

1. detailed specs are still pretty much not available, are you able to share any details/specs on the F770?

2. from whom did you buy yours as I have not yet managed to find anyone selling them other than one retailer in SG and one in UK, both of whom are only taking pre-orders.

Managed to get it installed yesterday, checked the time lapse today, people walking around looks like robots haha. Its bigger then what i expected , but overall it flushes with the windscreen really well .
Questions please feel free to ask i will try to answer within my knowledge as much as i can .

Thank you for the preview.
Are the settings any more flexible than the F750's?
Meaning, can one more selectively set volume and disable alerts without affecting them all?

Looks like you have it installed in an Audi A3, any issues with the Stop/Start system affecting its recordings?
I have the same car and am planning on getting the F770 once they are available in the UK.

sdb, there is no reason why stop/start should affect the F770 or any other dashcam, unless the car is designed strangely. I have an F750 in my Audi S5 with stop/start and there is no impact to recording when I let the engine stop.

However I can add that cars with stop/start are likely to have a type of battery which is designed to operate at partial discharge and so tend to have a lower average voltage than cars without the technology and a conventional battery. This means that parking mode tends to be shorter because that voltage threshold is reached sooner. Possibly this will not apply if the car is used regularly for reasonably long journeys.

On 4) has the motion detection in parking mode been replaced by time lapse or is it an additional feature? If time lapse is just there to save SD card space then it seems a compromise to me.

Thanks Dippy, that's the reassurance I was looking for. I couldn't see any reason stop/start would affect recordings but just wanted to ask.

I thought I should just clarify (although this is OT for the thread). The dashcam has three modes, off, continuous (recording), and if enabled, parking. It has two power wires BATT and ACC. When both are connected to 12V it is in continuous and when power is removed from both it turns off (after a short delay as it has a mechanism to remain powered for several seconds). Parking mode occurs when there is power on BATT but it has been removed from ACC. Now as long as BATT and ACC are appropriately connected to fuses in the car, then the internal start/stop function should not affect operation. As you probably know cars have a lot of fuses so it can be confusing which ones to use. It would certainly be a good idea not to use one associated with the start/stop system just in case!

Dippy, where did you get this? I have not been able to find a US distributor who has this yet. Supposed to be in at one dealer in a month.

I found this online - it shows the dimensions.
0bd85a69a1835d791cef840c92a41a47.jpg

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Dr. Doodle, I don't have an F770. I'm just an interested F750 owner. My comment on the wiring refers to the F750 and I think its safe to assume it applies to the F770.

k818mn1 thanks for that. So its about 5mm wider than the F750, with 1mm less height but nearly a whole 10mm less depth but I'm not sure if the dimensions for the F750 in the manual include the 'cradle' or not. Unfortunately for me its the width that is critical so I'm not so happy to see that it is wider, all be it only 5mm.

I should have included this in my earlier post....

The F770 is top of my list at the moment as I drive the most late evening/early am, and leave my car parked at night when I am at work, often on the street, so the idea that the parking mode has lighting enhancement is of some interest to me.

Also,

1. detailed specs are still pretty much not available, are you able to share any details/specs on the F770?

2. from whom did you buy yours as I have not yet managed to find anyone selling them other than one retailer in SG and one in UK, both of whom are only taking pre-orders.

havent gotten to use the night vision yet at the moment as the places i go to are pretty bright , if i get a chance to play with that i will update you

1) specs
Functions:
Super Night Vision
Time Lapse
Speed Camera Alert
ADAS
Wi-Fi Connectivity (iOS/Android)
Dual Save
Ambarella CPU + Sony Image Sensor
2CH Full HD (1080P)
Built in GPS

I do not have any info of what exact parts they are using .

2) i bought it from the SG store, usually the release will always be singapore first . they told me they had some stocks but it rolled out too quickly, but there's another batch coming in soon .
i bought my with a discount code , i am not sure if it still works but you may want to try - F770LAUNCH .

Thank you for the preview.
Are the settings any more flexible than the F750's?
Meaning, can one more selectively set volume and disable alerts without affecting them all?

they are the same app , just added features like time lapse and supernight vision , the rest is basically the same .

Looks like you have it installed in an Audi A3, any issues with the Stop/Start system affecting its recordings?
I have the same car and am planning on getting the F770 once they are available in the UK.

everything seems alright from f750- f770 , but sure audi is the one giving me alot of problems for the transmission .

On 4) has the motion detection in parking mode been replaced by time lapse or is it an additional feature? If time lapse is just there to save SD card space then it seems a compromise to me.
you can choose whichever you want from 2 options .

and dippy last but not least , i tried asking to buy a rear cam and asked about compatibility issues , it is confirmed that F750 rear camera CANNOT be used on the F770. you will have to purchase seperately .

thats bad news for F750 users . =(

and dippy last but not least , i tried asking to buy a rear cam and asked about compatibility issues , it is confirmed that F750 rear camera CANNOT be used on the F770. you will have to purchase seperately .

thats bad news for F750 users . =(

HA. Well definitely not going to buy one now.

Back