THINKWARE F800 PRO

I think once everything has been ironed out and bugs etc have been sorted out the Thinkware F800 Pro will be a really good camera for everyone. It has so much potential. I think there also needs to be some kind of lock system in place to stop anyone from unplugging the camera if they were to steal a vehicle.

I have reset the camera, tried again to connect to an Android 7 phone, green light flashes and does not allow authorisation after entering the password. Maybe the password has changed.

I have noticed that alerts have been fixed when the volume is set to 0.

Not sure what was the previous password or there was even a password on the previous firmware but they updated the manual along with v1.01.01 firmware.

The Wi-Fi password is required when you connect the product to a smartphone for the first time. Enter “123456789” in the password input field.

Last edited:
Not sure what was the previous password or there was even a password on the previous firmware but they updated the manual along when v1.01.01 firmware.

Thank you. I found the password in the end. I got the password mixed up with another camera I am using, which also connects to a smartphone.
I have managed to connect the camera to the smartphone again after resetting the camera. I need to work out the Cloud side of it now as it just presents me with a blank screen at the moment when connected to the camera, or it says that No cloud-enabled dash cam is registered. I am sure I will work it out eventually.

Thank you. I found the password in the end. I got the password mixed up with another camera I am using, which also connects to a smartphone.
I have managed to connect the camera to the smartphone again after resetting the camera. I need to work out the Cloud side of it now as it just presents me with a blank screen at the moment when connected to the camera, or it says that No cloud-enabled dash cam is registered. I am sure I will work it out eventually.
Not sure if you're facing the same bug as Edwin found out that even though you can manually connect the Pro to iPhone's hotspot, it won't auto connect unless you confirm and saved the configuration. His post is here.

I just tried to connect to the camera again and the same thing happens. It takes about 20 minutes or more to eventally connect so I have given up on this now. My other cameras connect instantly every time. Hopefully, things will improve in the future.

For the brightness of the front and rear camera.. what do you guys have it set at? Would Mid brightness for front and rear be alright? My car has factory tint for my rear window...

For the brightness of the front and rear camera.. what do you guys have it set at? Would Mid brightness for front and rear be alright? My car has factory tint for my rear window...
I have mine set at mid. I haven't tried changing that setting yet. Might be worth testing it out.

My rear has about 25% visible light transmission after tinting and it does not really affect as our streets and carparks are usually lighted. So mid is fine if lighting is not an issue or otherwise you'll introduce noise at high setting.

Wow! I have just hard-wired the Thinkware F800 Pro to my car and I must say that I am very impressed with the parking mode.
It takes a while to switch from parking mode to continuous mode, but it's all good.

View attachment 32926
Sorry it is not a clear photo as the connections to the camera are on the left, using the fuse taps. I connected them to the rear fog and the hazzard lights. I couldn't believe how easy it was to install in the end. I must say that it can get a bit awkward if you need to use or change a fuse next to a fuse tap as the fuses from the fuse tap overlap them.

I have also ordered one of the expensive 64GB Thinkware SD Cards. I have seen in reviews that people recommend them. I am hoping that they last a long time as a couple of my SD cards have lasted for around 8 years and they were a fraction of the cost.

I don't know if the following will help anyone as I know that you can download the app for the PC, but it is not possible to view the settings until you record your first video on to the SD card from the camera. Also, if you are like me and you have an older phone then you will need this app for your PC to change any of the settings on the camera. This is the advantage that Thinkware have over some other dash cams that do not allow the settings to be changed other than on a smartphone with limited versions of Android or IOS.

Here are the settings for the camera that some people may find useful.

View attachment 32927

Memory Card Settings:
View attachment 32928
Memory Partition:
View attachment 32929

Camera Settings:
Brightness for front and rear camera. Dark/Mid/Bright
Rear camera rotation. Enable/Disable

Record Settings:
View attachment 32931

Continuous Mode:
Continuous mode recording sensitivity can be set as follows: Disabled/Lowest/Low/Mid/High

Super Night Vision:
View attachment 32933

Parking Mode:
Parking mode can be set as follows: Disabled/Motion Detection/Time Lapse/Energy Saving

Impact Sensitivity:
Impact sensitivity can be set as follows: Lowest/Low/Mid/High/Highest

Record Timer:
Record Timer can be set as follows: Disabled/12 hrs/24 hrs/48 hrs/72 hrs

Battery Protection: (Using Hard-Wire Only)
View attachment 32936
I am not quite sure why it says winter months, yet summer months are shown too. I know the weather is different in all countries at different times of the year, but maybe all of the months should be shown so that there is more of an option.

Road Safety Settings:
Safety Camera and ADAS Settings:

Safety camera alerts can be set to: Enable/Disable
Mobile Zone camera alerts can be set to: Enable/Disable
Vehicle type can be set to: Sedan/SUV/Truck (Bus)
LDWS (Lane Departure Warning) Speed can be set to 30 mph/40 mph/50 mph/65 mph
FCWS (Forward Collision Warning) can be set to Low/Mid/High
Low Speed FCWS can be set to Low/Mid/High
FVDW (Front Vehicle Departure Warning) can be set to: Enabled/Disabled

System Settings:
View attachment 32937

Language:
View attachment 32939

Security LED:
View attachment 32940

A security LED might sound like a nice feature, but it also attracts unwanted attention to the car. I have not tested it yet for that reason.

I hope this helps for anyone who is thinking about purchasing this cool camera.
Please ask any questions if you have any and hopefully I will be able to answer them.
Hey, any chance you know of a manual for the app? I really think the app could be better. For one i dont understand why I can set the time it record after impact on parking mode.

Also, what is the the darn index for these different beeps :p

One of my main things is the file system. It tells you there is an impact, now when you connect it could be in two folders. Why can't they have it as a notification linked to it..

Also, when parked, some of the video starts off as a green screen? Is there something I can do. Any advice would be appreciated

Once I get the hang of it I'll post some stuff.

Here are the downloads for the Thinkware Cameras. Make sure you select the right camera.
http://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download#1

I don't know about the green screen. I don't think that happens with mine.

I agree that an option for setting the recording time for parking mode and manual mode would be a huge advantage.

Hi all - I just purchased the f800 pro and had it hard wired with an added power magic power module for added battery saving although according to the specs, the cam has it's own safety settings to combat this. Two things I would like to know, was the extra power module necessary and does the cam announce when it's going into parking mode because I have never heard it even after waiting the recommended 15-30 seconds. I did have a 2ch Blackvue top of the range fitted before (the one with the built-in lcd screen) but it died after about 2 years so it was a toss up between getting another Blackvue or the Thinkware. After reading up on the Thinkware specs and watching various videos, I opted for the f800 pro albeit the cloud and wifi connection are a bit quirky and limited but a solid performer in many aspects overall. Thanks for any replies.

Hi all - Does the cam announce when it's going into parking mode because I have never heard it even after waiting the recommended 15-30 seconds. Thanks for any replies.
Hi. I have noticed that if the volume is set to 0 then the camera will not inform you that it is going into parking mode. If the volume is on 1,2 or 3 then it should tell you.

Hi thanks for the fast response, I hear all other alerts on the cam but I will double check the volume setting. I did have it fitted by a qualified auto electrician but I have a nagging feeling the install might be a bit off as the car is a hybrid (Lexus CT200h).
Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

The F800Pro has battery protection built in - it's essentially the same as using the power magic power module - if you want to use the power magic power module then turn off the F800Pro setting. If you're still not entering parking mode then check that you've connected the camera cable to the correct cable on the power magic power module. I read somewhere that Thinkware and Blackvue transpose the yellow and red wire

Hi thanks for the fast response, I hear all other alerts on the cam but I will double check the volume setting. I did have it fitted by a qualified auto electrician but I have a nagging feeling the install might be a bit off as the car is a hybrid (Lexus CT200h).
Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

your nagging feeling is correct, it won't switch to parking mode using a power magic pro, you don't need that anyway as that function is built into the camera already

Thanks to both of you for your insight, I am taking it to an auto electrician tomorrow and hopefully get it all sorted by stripping out the old Blackvue wiring and get the F800 pro properly hard wired without the magic power module. I am quite taken and please with the F800 pro's functions and it's discrete looks I just got to get the parking mode sorted and I'll be very happy with the unit. Will report back as soon as - Thanks again.

Yes I do have the correct Thinkware power lead you mentioned.

Back