THINKWARE F800 PRO

Happy days!!!! - Thanks to jokiin (You Sir are a Diamond Geezer), your hunch was absolutely spot on. My F800 pro was wired wrong via the Power Magic Pro module left over from a previous Blackvue install hence the reason why it was not going into Parking Mode. Had the old wiring and the module removed and had the F800 pro hard wired via the internal fuse box, all the functions are activated as specified. I now plan to install a Celllink B power pack as I am slightly worried about power drain on the stop and go system of the Lexus but at nearly £200 a pop, I'll have to buy it when the wife is distracted - lol.

Happy days!!!! - Thanks to jokiin (You Sir are a Diamond Geezer), your hunch was absolutely spot on. My F800 pro was wired wrong via the Power Magic Pro module left over from a previous Blackvue install hence the reason why it was not going into Parking Mode. Had the old wiring and the module removed and had the F800 pro hard wired via the internal fuse box, all the functions are activated as specified. I now plan to install a Celllink B power pack as I am slightly worried about power drain on the stop and go system of the Lexus but at nearly £200 a pop, I'll have to buy it when the wife is distracted - lol.

The Cellink Neo is the new version - I've recently fitted on (well 2) and they are brilliant. http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/cellink_b/powerbank/cellink_neo6.html

I had the F800Pro hardwired to the car, with voltage control set but on an already slightly weakened battery the cam killed it off (as in, the cam wouldn't run in Parking mode as the battery voltage was already too low)

Hi Samuel_888 thanks for the recommendation I will definitely go with your choice. You guys are amazingly knowledgeable about this stuff, for a newbie like me, an absolute gold mine of info - I will post when I get and install the new version hopefully before my battery dies. Thanks again.

So the NEO is the latest edition to the Cellink range. It's more pricey than the Cellink B but has a longer running time. It also has a cool App (gimmick?) that lets you see the life left in the battery. In one car I've mounted in the boot, where the spare wheel is kept and in the other it's in the storage drawer under the passenger seat - I didn't realise this drawer existed until I started searching for a location.

Good on yer! Hopefully I will be able to pick your brains when I do the installation my self.

The Cellink Neo is the new version - I've recently fitted on (well 2) and they are brilliant. http://www.car-dvr.co.uk/cellink_b/powerbank/cellink_neo6.html

I had the F800Pro hardwired to the car, with voltage control set but on an already slightly weakened battery the cam killed it off (as in, the cam wouldn't run in Parking mode as the battery voltage was already too low)

It's actually quite useful (and not just because we're selling it!) since you can now see the power capacity/time remaining.

Just ordered the Cellink Neo to couple with the F800 pro, didn't realise there was a slight difference in the wiring (spliced version for cams with parking mode). Too late to cancel the first order so ended up ordering another one at £10.00 more, hopefully the correct one this time. Will send the first one back for a refund and hope the wife don't scrutinise the bank statement too closely, in the meantime just in case, do you guys know of any retreats for nagged to death husbands which will happen when she finds out - lol.

Hi Guys I need a bit of clarification, as I am planning to install a Cellink Neo unit for the F800pro, I need to know what is the difference between the Cellink NEO6 (the NEO6 is priced £10.00 more, is this unit an upgrade from the NEO?) and the Cellink NEO. From what I can gather, one is a spliced out version advertised as catering for dash cams with parking mode such as Blackvue and Thinkware and the NEO unit is saying the exact same thing - confusing. I got jittery and ordered both from amazon but plan to return the one that is not suitable - should have thought of posting the query before ordering. Thanks for any thoughts or clarification on which unit is the right one.

Edit - At the moment the pro is hardwired to the car's internal fuse box and parking mode is enabled using Acc+, constant live and ground.

Last edited:
Just ordered the Cellink Neo to couple with the F800 pro, didn't realise there was a slight difference in the wiring (spliced version for cams with parking mode). Too late to cancel the first order so ended up ordering another one at £10.00 more, hopefully the correct one this time. Will send the first one back for a refund and hope the wife don't scrutinise the bank statement too closely, in the meantime just in case, do you guys know of any retreats for nagged to death husbands which will happen when she finds out - lol.

Where did you purchase your NEO from? They come with a cable that you connect to your existing camera cable (the one you hard wired to the fuse box). Just match red > red, black > black and yellow > yellow.

There is also a cable, possibly what you mention above, that goes direct from the cam to the NEO with out splicing. I didn’t bother paying extra for this so just soldered the 2 together.

This will then plug into the NEO. Then, from the NEO there will be another plig with an earth and Acc.

There is a NEO6 and a NEO9. Just different battery size as I understand it.

OK - I bought mine through Amazon here in the UK, I have now sorted and chose the one that is suitable for the F800 pro. One was delivered as described 'Spliced wiring for the Thinkware Dashcam' and the other was described as Blackvue ready. The only difference really was the wiring this one was £10.00 cheaper with the power cable (this was just a two wired cable - power and ground) to plug straight into the Blackvue and the other end obviously to the power outlet also a power cable for a cigaret socket. I have already requested and got a return to amazon for this unit. The one I chose was a three wired cable - Acc+, power and ground. The weather is quite bad at the moment so the install will have to wait, my other problem is where to put the unit as the Lexus CT200h don't have any interior recess to hide it and I don't know if the power cable will reach to the boot, maybe will have to put it under the front passenger seat.

Have a look at Amazon UK you'll see two units NEO6 and NEO also notice wiring description between both units.

Have a look at Amazon UK you'll see two units NEO6 and NEO also notice wiring description between both units.

I’ve took a look - it’s the same company I purchased mine through albeit direct and not via amazon.

In my Audi, I was able to run the cables to the boot. Underneath the boot floor where the spare wheel is, here was recess areas which hold it fine.

6C03C422-1CE7-4A53-92F3-FB179D4CC584.jpeg

Yea I am going to look at the aspect of putting it in my boot under the boot floor which will be ideal but like I said, the weather is not good at the moment so it'll have to wait. I quite like the sleek look of the unit, not as boxy as it's predecessor.

I just wanted to thank @Thinkware once again for alerting me to someone trying to break into my car recently when I viewed my parking videos. I am really happy that I chose Thinkware F800 Pro. (y) Some criminals can be so dumb. :D

Actually, a good feature to have when the volume is on silent would be to have the option to tell you when an incident has happened when you get back into the car. Sometimes ALL of the voice commands can be a bit much, but having the important notifications would work well I think.

It's been a while since I logged into this forum. Back then I think I had a cam I bought on Ebay.

I decided to purchase the F800pro with the Cellink Neo for my Subaru Forester which has the Eyesight feature. I went with the Thinkware cam because right now the cloud feature isn't the first thing on my mind. If I had a hotspot set up in the car I probably would have opted for the Blackvue.

I watched a video of the Thinkware and noticed that it is a bit chatty on startup. Is there a way to reduce the amount "talking" on the startup of the cam?

I'll probably have the cam installed within the next four or five weeks. The technician who is installing it does sophisticated adaptive driving equipment build outs for the disabled (like me) and the process will be a breeze for him. I was thinking about a 4-camera setup but decided against it due to the amount of $ it would cost. Two cameras should be sufficient for my purposes. Hopefully this will work out.

In the event it doesn't will the wiring work for the Blackvue? If not, do you think it would work for future Thinkware cams?

I watched a video of the Thinkware and noticed that it is a bit chatty on startup. Is there a way to reduce the amount "talking" on the startup of the cam?
Hi.
You can set the volume to 0 and the announcements will not play when starting up the camera. You can still set other announcements like speed camera alerts to play separately. Unfortunately, the sound needs to be on 1, 2 or 3 to hear parking incidents when returning to the car.

Be careful not to hit the sound recording or format button by mistake because you will not be notified with the volume set to 0.

Hope this helps.

It's been a while since I logged into this forum. Back then I think I had a cam I bought on Ebay.

I decided to purchase the F800pro with the Cellink Neo for my Subaru Forester which has the Eyesight feature. I went with the Thinkware cam because right now the cloud feature isn't the first thing on my mind. If I had a hotspot set up in the car I probably would have opted for the Blackvue.

I'll probably have the cam installed within the next four or five weeks. The technician who is installing it does sophisticated adaptive driving equipment build outs for the disabled (like me) and the process will be a breeze for him. I was thinking about a 4-camera setup but decided against it due to the amount of $ it would cost. Two cameras should be sufficient for my purposes. Hopefully this will work out.

In the event it doesn't will the wiring work for the Blackvue? If not, do you think it would work for future Thinkware cams?

As said by TJVideo,

You can set the volume to 0 and hear nothing.
The only problem is when you return to your vehicle it will not announce if there's any incidents that occurred.

In terms of Blackvue wiring, it'll be a bit different. Thinkware dash cams require 3 wires to activate the unit's parking mode while BlackVue only requires 2.

- Jimmy @BlackboxMyCar

Be careful not to hit the format button by mistake because you will not be notified with the volume set to 0.

The format button does notify you when the volume is set to 0. Sorry. I have just updated the firmware and tested it.

I must add that updating the firmware via a mobile phone is not recommended. Obviously it uses loads of data and it took ages to try and update the firmware and in the end the app kept closing every time I tried to open it. I did it via the computer in the end and it only took about 30-60 seconds.

Back