Thinkware icloud

aunkster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok i just got the thinkware u1000 for christmas ,installed it today ,everything seems to be going ok but i just dont understand the app ,so i connected via WiFi by hitting the WiFi button on the dashcam,it worked ,im setup i guess but i have a few questions.
1.is it better to connect via hotspot ? If so why ?
2.am i correact that everytime you even want to use the app you need to be near the dashcam itself ?
That kind of just makes no sense .to me anyways ..
everytime you want to download a video you would either have to remove the ssd card or go set in your vehicle and wait for the download using WiFi?
i really need help with this ..
also you would think that when in park mode you would get some sort of notification if there was activity near the vehicle that the cam picked up?

Hello.
1. Connecting via wifi to the dashcam will give you access to the recordings as well as the settings of the dashcam. While connecting via hotspot is to register the dashcam. Leaving it connected to the eternal hotspot will get you an access to the dashcam remotely if the dashcam is registered.
2. It requires you to be connected to the dashcam's wifi to access the settings and the recordings.
3. You will get a notification while your vehicle is parked if there is an impact that the dashcam is detected.

Here are some links for more information

Thank you and i did watch those videos and read those articles ,still confusing to me and for that i apolagize.if I am connected to hotspot will this allow me to view the videos saved to continuous without being near the dash cam itself ?

Thank you and i did watch those videos and read those articles ,still confusing to me and for that i apolagize.if I am connected to hotspot will this allow me to view the videos saved to continuous without being near the dash cam itself ?
Right the dashcam needs to be actively connected to the internet somehow for you to be able to access it via the cloud.

Note: You'll also want to avoid using the energy saving parking modes (including radar) because to save power it shuts off the cloud features. If you want cloud features when the car is parked, use something like normal motion detection instead.

Back