Thinkware Q800 pro (price)

Fairynuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800 Pro
I like the look of this cam and features of the cam (notwithstanding that there is another thread on here from an owner who can't get those features running) . . . looking for the nest price (which seems to vary by hundreds) the RAC looks the best at £249 or am I missing something?

Are you sure you have been looking at the same camera ? prise varying by 100s of pounds sound strange, thats after all a lot.
They have the following models:
F800
F800PRO
Q800PRO
I have just been looking at RAM for my computer, for the same ram there is a 50 pounds UK in between the cheapest and most expensive place here ( as per price compare sites )

My error - it looks like the going price is £269 front and £369 front and rear.

Looking at the features on this cam it says . . .
The third recording mode is manual recording, which is triggered when you press the rec button on the camera. This will save the footage taken around that time to the manual recording section of the memory, useful if you spot dangerous driving or road rage incidents.
Why would you need to do that, surely if you are in the car the camera is recording anyway?

Yes.
But it is quite useful to use the manual event button if you want to save some moments, for many years i have just used mental notes, for moments i wanted to save / share and with my memory this have not been a outright success.
And of course if you get hit or dinged a little, just press that button, having G sensor on while driving to detect and lock such situations i will not use.

Looking at the features on this cam it says . . .
The third recording mode is manual recording, which is triggered when you press the rec button on the camera. This will save the footage taken around that time to the manual recording section of the memory, useful if you spot dangerous driving or road rage incidents.
Why would you need to do that, surely if you are in the car the camera is recording anyway?

Comes in useful when you're looking for a specific clip as the footage gets separated into a separate video folder.

Yes after having learned to push that button i find my RO folder so usefull, before with the old way i some times remembered i had a moment,,,, just not where or when so one that got away.

Back