Thoughts on the A129 Pro Duo Thus Far...

NKato

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my car out of the body shop recently, and got to drive around with it. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the dash camera. It meets my clarity requirements, though it is not 110% flawless like say, a traditional camera. While I keep in mind that consumer-grade products are often inferior to purpose-built products, the A129 Pro Duo works pretty well.

The UI feels very basic, but as a utilitarian type of guy, I've always felt that simple works best when it comes to maintaining low-visibility hardware.

I have to say that Viofo has a competitive product, while BlackVue has some obvious quality issues with their DR900S-2ch (which I used prior to receiving an A129 Pro Duo test unit) in regards to clarity and encoding.

As I continue to use the dash camera, I will likely learn more about the ins and outs of it, in addition to routinely updating the firmware -- though I do wish the firmware update was able to carry over the settings from the previous firmware. That would save a bit of a headache. :)

What are your opinions on the A129 Pro Duo thus far?

(A photo of my car for your time)
2Bzb37C.jpg

Back