Country
Turkey
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo-G
There are 3 options under parking mode
1-Auto event dedection
2-Time lapse recording
3-Low bitrate recording

I use the "time lapse recording" feature in parking mode in my car. 20 minutes of recording fits into 2 minutes with 3 fps and it's size 238mb.
Does anyone use the "low bitrate recording" option?
What is the difference between "time lapse recording" and "low bitrate recording" in parking mode?

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Last edited:
What is the difference between "time lapse recording" and "low bitrate recording" in parking mode?
With your 3fps time lapse settings, your camera records 3 frames per second, with no audio.
If you select low bitrate mode, your camera will record 30 frames per second, with audio.

As you have said, 20 minutes of 3fps time lapse video uses 238MB
20 minutes of low bitrate recording uses about 600MB

Personally, I always use Low Bitrate in parking mode. There are more frames per second to capture anything that moves, and recording sound can help to identify what is happening outside of the camera's field of view. If you can hear a bang, then an engine starting and then watch a car driving away that was parked next to you, then you have a fair idea who banged your car.

With your 3fps time lapse settings, your camera records 3 frames per second, with no audio.
If you select low bitrate mode, your camera will record 30 frames per second, with audio.

As you have said, 20 minutes of 3fps time lapse video uses 238MB
20 minutes of low bitrate recording uses about 600MB

Personally, I always use Low Bitrate in parking mode. There are more frames per second to capture anything that moves, and recording sound can help to identify what is happening outside of the camera's field of view. If you can hear a bang, then an engine starting and then watch a car driving away that was parked next to you, then you have a fair idea who banged your car.

for 20 minutes
front cam recording 238 mb
rear cam recording 238 mb

3*(238+238)-->1428 mb in 60 minutes

34272 mb in 24 hours, about 33,5 gb per day

Recently came across this video which illustrates one benefit of audio recording provided by low bitrate.
for the best option;
is it must be "low bitrate parking mode" and "motion detection activated"?

Recently came across this video which illustrates one benefit of audio recording provided by low bitrate.

Excellent video! This is why I am using low bit-rate right now, if someone dings the car you will normally hear it on the mic. Only issue is having to search through lots of video.

for the best option;
is it must be "low bitrate parking mode" and "motion detection activated"?

Do you mean in general? The A129 Duo only allows low bit-rate or auto-event detection for parking mode.
Although have low-bit rate plus buffered parking mode (auto-event detection) together would probably be the ultimate parking mode for me (assuming it was reliable)

Back