Traffic lights too close to each other

hkdrive

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Traffic lights are too close, sometimes causing confusion and crashes

Hehe its not good to be stopped at 1 light and then be looking at the next one up ahead, there is a place in Aarhus town where its possible to do the same error.

I have a local junction where the exit has a traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing. The lights there have no connection to the traffic light controlled junction, but they LOOK like they are a second set of lights for the people waiting at red.
The near set of lights cannot be seen from the driver's position unless they lean forward and crane their neck to look up.
I've been there where BOTH sets of lights went red at the same time. Then the far (crossing) lights went green while the near (hard to see, junction) lights remained red. Seconds later traffic starts moving from the side road as their lights go green.

I'd be amazed if there haven't been several accidents there. I've said before... road planners are idiots. And it's only getting worse.

road planners are idiots. And it's only getting worse.

As long as the mantra "Knowledge is power", without the attendant wisdom to apply that knowledge, is all that is required, we can expect stupidity from on high to increase.

Back