Tried to do the GPS flip....how much is a new one? :(

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Opened up the gps unit today to do the 'flip' so I could mount it on the windshield.

Short version: the red wire broke off from the solder pad. Not really sure since I didn't touch it.

Any discount for a broken-hearted owner? Lol

Opened up the gps unit today to do the 'flip' so I could mount it on the windshield.

Short version: the red wire broke off from the solder pad. Not really sure since I didn't touch it.

Any discount for a broken-hearted owner? Lol

I'll send you a new one, pre-flipped no problem. Please email or PM your name, shipping address, and email address.

Here is the how-to video if anyone surfed in is wondering what we are talking about.

Last edited:
Ye it's quuite delicate. I semi-broke mine by using a sharp knife under the edge, thinking it was just clipped together (even after briefly watching the tutorial video) and didn't realise it had screws under the pad, so it's kinda scratched up. Nonetheless, it works so all good.

I'll send you a new one, pre-flipped no problem. Please email or PM your name, shipping address, and email address.

Seriously, this is why all the SG distributors rock, your support is second to none.

case should be made generic so it can be mounted any way with a gps logo showing the direction of UP.

Ye it's quuite delicate. I semi-broke mine by using a sharp knife under the edge, thinking it was just clipped together (even after briefly watching the tutorial video) and didn't realise it had screws under the pad, so it's kinda scratched up. Nonetheless, it works so all good.

if you've damaged it and it ends up coming apart let me know and I'll send you a new one

if you've damaged it and it ends up coming apart let me know and I'll send you a new one

Thanks Jokiin. It's not that bad, just a slight bit on the side. I'm going to remount it anyway so it's closer to the window (didn't realise at first you could mount over the frit) and the damage will be hidden anyway.

When I flipped mine, I tightened the screws too much and the brittle plastic disintegrated on me. So I went wild with some super glue!

Haha! I'm glad, I'm not the only one ham-fisted... :oops: I made more mess trying to re-solder and gave up...:eek:

Pier28. THANK YOU so much for sending out the GPS so quickly!!

Level of service and support after purchase is outstanding!

As a newbie I fully agree with that statement,and that applies to jokiin in Australia as well . Best service I have ever encountered.

Back