[Tutorial] Updating your G1W-C's Firmware

Pleased to say no issues with time/date

Hey Rob—I just received my G1W-C and it's running W2015.0316.11 firmware. I'm also experiencing the "last file corruption" issue. I just wanted to confirm that you downgraded (I assume it's a downgrade, based on the date—2015 vs 2014?) to 2014.0813.11 firmware and that seemed to have fixed the "last file corruption" issue for you? Also—is you date/time still sticking now that a couple weeks have passed?

Thanks,
k.

Hey Rob—I just received my G1W-C and it's running W2015.0316.11 firmware. I'm also experiencing the "last file corruption" issue. I just wanted to confirm that you downgraded (I assume it's a downgrade, based on the date—2015 vs 2014?) to 2014.0813.11 firmware and that seemed to have fixed the "last file corruption" issue for you? Also—is you date/time still sticking now that a couple weeks have passed?

Thanks,
k.

Hi,

Yes it's a downgrade and the 2014.0813.11 firmware has stopped the file corruption. I have never had any trouble with the time/date since purchasing the camera and this is still the case today when I checked. Only mentioned as Anthony Cornejo said that he had issues with the time/date on 2014.0813.11... Thankfully I don't :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Yes it's a downgrade and the 2014.0813.11 firmware has stopped the file corruption. I have never had any trouble with the time/date since purchasing the camera and this is still the case today when I checked. Only mentioned as Anthony Cornejo said that he had issues with the time/date on 2014.0813.11... Thankfully I don't :)

Thanks Rob.

I did the same with mine last night (downgraded to 2014.0813.11) and it's resolved the "last file corrupt" issue and my date/time seems fine as well (though, I've only been using it for less than 24 hours).

That said, I do have one issue related to the G-Sensor (which I've opened another thread for, here). Other than that, so far, so good.
k.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have a problem from opening the car door to turning on the car fully, the camera ends up shutting off. What firmware would help address that issue ?

Can you please confirm if the bitrate in those 2014.0813.11 and 2015.0316.11 firmwares is the same, i.e. 12mbps (as opposed to G1WH's 15mbps running the most recent firmware)?

Can you please confirm if the bitrate in those 2014.0813.11 and 2015.0316.11 firmwares is the same, i.e. 12mbps (as opposed to G1WH's 15mbps running the most recent firmware)?
2014.0813.11 is 12mbps not sure about the other firmware

Followed the instructions in the first post and it worked great.
I got my G1W-C from Gearbest with 2013.1112.18
I also had the time reset on me as well as failing to overwrite video files when full.
Hopefully the new firmware will fix these issues but I'll be checking it regularly from now on.

Got a G1W-C with 2013.1112.18 installed in my 2007 Corolla via hardwire, I added a 3 amp branch from the fusebox. When key is in the ACC mode or Engine run mode the power is ON.

My Problem. When I turn the key to ON (ACC mode) and stay at ACC mode (say listen to music and set the GPS), then I crank the engine which takes 2-3 seconds to start. My dash came power OFF. This is bad because if accident happen it won't record it. I tried with the OEM wire that plugs into the light and same thing happen so my hardwire is not to blame.

I'm going to upgrade to 2014.0813.11 and see it'll fix the issue.

Just got a new Monkon G1W-C Novatek 96650 AR0330 with 2014.1202.02 from "ukjerryshopping" from Amazon UK.

It shuts down improperly and corrupts the last registration, also it loses all settings (time/date, ecc).

After successfully changing the firmware to this one (2014.0813.11) the first thing that I noticed is a different splash screen on startup/power off ("bluskysea" instead of Monkon and its stupid jingle), more characters for license plate and apparently no option to disable WDR (not that I would want to do that).

I'm gonna do some proper power off and recording tests in the following days, and I will update this comment.

I just received my G1W-CB from gearbest. It was running 2015.0316.11 firmware. My idea was to leave the stock firmware as long as there were no issues with the camera. So I carefully checked whether it had issues described in this thread (in particular last file corruption issue). To my surprise, no such issue occured. However, I encountered another one. I let the camera record for some time (~1 hour) and found that the first 20 mins of footage or so were OK. However, starting from some file, the image just froze. When I took the camera and woke it up by pressing of the buttons, it just showed this frozen picture. The timer was running and further files were being created, but they all included only this frozen picture and not the actual footage. Also, the date stamp on the videos was not right - the new digits were created "on top" of the digits already present (let's say they were "overwritten") so the date stamp no longer showed a correct date and time.

For this reason, I decided to change the firmware to 2014.0813.11 as I did not want to take the chance that the issue would reoccur. Initially it seems that the issue has been solved (although one cannot exclude the possibility that it is a hardware problem that reoccurs every now and then - I hope not). However, under this new firmware the G-Sensor no longer works properly. No matter if I choose low, medium or high setting, it locks every file in the very first second of recording. This issue was not present in the 2015.0316.11 firmware. I guess I just have to compromise and will switch the G-Sensor off and that's it.

I've been having some problems with my g1w-c so I decided to reflash its firmware.

I followed the instructions here and tried the firmware file here and the one on the main page (FWS1088.bin, I had to rename it to FW96650A.bin)

However the device does not boot past the logo. I can see that the firmware is updated becuase 1088.bin results in the boot logo being changed to the red Mercedes SLS while the 96650.bin logo is "blueskysea".

Any ideas?

Edit:

OK I solved the problem shortly after posting this.

I opened up the cam and disconnected the CMOS sensor, reconnected it and problem was solved. Must have been a bad connection.

Last edited:
have a G1W bought from Amazon, however I cannot flash it. Tried to update with estore firmware FWS1088.bin and G1W-C firmware FW96650A.bin. The DVR boots up and starts recording as though nothing has happen.

So what should I do to flash it? The old firmware is g3-33dp-v07 and it sometimes hangs for no reason.

Hi,

I created my account especially for this post as I spent all night trudging through various threads trying to figure out how to update my blueskysea G1W-C. All the threads I read were not specifically about updating the G1W-C and hopefully this thread will make it easier for someone to update theirs.

I successfully updated from version 2013.1112.18 to 2014.0813.11

I believe the firmware is intended for the blueskysea branded cam. It may work for others but I cannot comment.

Firstly, an obligatory warning. Updating your firmware could potentially break your cam. Attempt it at your own risk. I take no responsibilities for broken cams.

In order to figure out this process, as well as reading many threads for various sites I contacted Vicky at estore009.

I would like to add an extra step to the one above. DO NOT try and update your cam using a SD card greater than 32GB in size as it won't work. I tried various different cards, all 64GB in size and none of them worked. I guess that it has something to do with the card being formatted as exFAT. Cards 32GB in size or less are formatted as FAT32 by default by your cam and that seems to work fine.

So the final steps are:
  1. Format a SD card of 32GB or less using your cam.
  2. Download the rar file and extract it. https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/qs862r
  3. Copy the file "FW96650A.bin" to the root folder of your empty SD card.
  4. Place your SD card into the cam whilst it is powered off.
  5. Power on your cam by plugging in the in car charger.
  6. The cam will remain black for a few seconds. Mine took about a minute. DO NOT turn off or unplug your cam in this time as it may break. Be patient and wait!
  7. When the cam boots, check to see if the firmware version has been updated to 2014.0813.11. If it has, format the SD card to prevent it updating again upon reboot.
Regarding step 5. You may be able to power and update your cam using a USB cable connected to a computer. I did not try this so I cannot say if it will work.

You will now notice that the green welcome screen has changed to a black blueskysea screen. I believe this is a feature of the new firmware.

Some people have mentioned that after updating, their cams are in Chinese, mine remained in English but just in case: Press the menu button twice and the third option down is the language setting.

I would like to thank Senjaya as it was his post which originally started my venture into updating my cam.

I hope this helps someone and speeds up the process of updating their cam.

Its worth noting that this firmware version has been reported to fix the last file corruption issue. I hope it also fixes the issue I am having whereby the cam will randomly stop recording. I will keep you all updated.
Well done!! Thanks!

hello
i don't know if this is the correct way to ask for help but i'm going to give it a try. i have two C1W-C FIRST ONE FROM CHINA WORKED OK WITH NO PROBLEMS, SO I Bought a second one its a blueskysea and have had nothing but trouble..sent it back received a new one, were i'm at right now is all i get when i turn it on is the logo and audio sound like ca-jing non stop. i tried so much i'm burnt out but not willing to give up. I formatted the sd card put what the seller told me to do but with no luck. then i formatted again with the firmware they told me to use. again no luck. so does anyone have an idea what to do. few confusing things are how do you know you loaded the firmware in the root dir. that was the first thing i loaded on the sd card after formatting.. any help..
thanks cableguy

Last edited:
I've been having some problems with my g1w-c so I decided to reflash its firmware.

I followed the instructions here and tried the firmware file here and the one on the main page (FWS1088.bin, I had to rename it to FW96650A.bin)

However the device does not boot past the logo. I can see that the firmware is updated because 1088.bin results in the boot logo being changed to the red Mercedes SLS while the 96650.bin logo is "blueskysea". i tried the same thing which connector is the cmos and where are the instruction to up date the firmware for blueskysea.. i asked again my seller were it was because i lost it but haven't received a replay..thanks all

Any ideas?

Edit:

OK I solved the problem shortly after posting this.

I opened up the cam and disconnected the CMOS sensor, reconnected it and problem was solved. Must have been a bad connection.

I did the update on an older G1W as per your instructions at the beginning of this thread. Not only did I plug the camera directly to the computer and transfer the file that way, I then unplugged it, removed and reinserted the card, and plugged it back into the computer. Worked like a charm, but I havent yet tested the update. Will let you know.

PS - I had tried to do the update by simply moving the rar file to the card - nothing happened. I am not stupid, but reading the original directions, it did not tell me to unzip an .rar file - something that I have not had to do before. Perhaps advising people that they need to use winzip or a similar program would be helpful.

UPDATE - the firmware brought me to 2014.0813.11 and now it saves everything I record, instead of giving me the option to pick and choose. This defeats the purpose of this camera.

2nd UPDATE - tried again and it still is doing the same thing. It wasn't before the update, the only issue was it wouldn't always save the segments that I had manually chose to save. There would be less files with the SOS than ones I would save. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I did the update on an older G1W as per your instructions at the beginning of this thread. Not only did I plug the camera directly to the computer and transfer the file that way, I then unplugged it, removed and reinserted the card, and plugged it back into the computer. Worked like a charm, but I havent yet tested the update. Will let you know.

PS - I had tried to do the update by simply moving the rar file to the card - nothing happened. I am not stupid, but reading the original directions, it did not tell me to unzip an .rar file - something that I have not had to do before. Perhaps advising people that they need to use winzip or a similar program would be helpful.

UPDATE - the firmware brought me to 2014.0813.11 and now it saves everything I record, instead of giving me the option to pick and choose. This defeats the purpose of this camera.

2nd UPDATE - tried again and it still is doing the same thing. It wasn't before the update, the only issue was it wouldn't always save the segments that I had manually chose to save. There would be less files with the SOS than ones I would save. Any help would be appreciated.

1st. The instruction clearly says that you need to extract the rar

1. Format a SD card of 32GB or less using your cam.
  2. Download the rar file and extract it. https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/qs862r
  3. Copy the file "FW96650A.bin" to the root folder of your empty SD card.
  4. Place your SD card into the cam whilst it is powered off.
  5. Power on your cam by plugging in the in car charger.
  6. The cam will remain black for a few seconds. Mine took about a minute. DO NOT turn off or unplug your cam in this time as it may break. Be patient and wait!
  7. When the cam boots, check to see if the firmware version has been updated to 2014.0813.11. If it has, format the SD card to prevent it updating again upon reboot.

2nd. I dint get it when you said "the firmware brought me to 2014.0813.11 and now it saves everything I record, instead of giving me the option to pick and choose. This defeats the purpose of this camera."

All dashcam suppose to save all the recorded file. and when you need you can re-access it from sd card.
anything wrong?

Got a Blueskysea G1W-CB with the last file corrupt error it had 2015.0911.11 firmware
Updating (downgrading) it to 2014.0813.11 worked! G-sensor might not work?? but who uses that anyway? With large enough card u should'nt worry about losing important data out of range of a computer

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
reznorcake G1WX 6
Back