[Tutorial] Updating your G1W-C's Firmware

I'm guessing just another variant on the G1W-C model with its own firmware tag.

Try that link

http://www.filedropper.com/2014081311

This is a link to a newer firmware from a different vendor, not sure if this has the last file saved corruption issue.

https://wr24support.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/attachments/8002055112
Goof! Thanks a million. I used the "latest one" the 2016 file from freskdesk and it "seems" that I got rid of the file corruption issue! Woohoo! I tried the 15mbps one and that did not cure that issue. I'll test it throughout the week and report back. This is awesome news... for me at least.

I updated 2013.1112.18 to 2014.0813.11 and it seems like the new firmware is more reponsive. However, the cam won't turn on when my ignition ACC is on. The old firmware was fine, is there any way to roll back? Anyone know what may be the potential issue?

I have no issue with 2014.0813.11.
You can flash a previous firmware, no problem.

I don't know. Ask you seller.
But the 2014.0813.11 should work fine.

Power issue...
I'm having problem of MyDashCam ( from GearBest)

I turned on 1st level starter switch of my car and my cam opened, after
when I turned on 2nd level of starter switch of my car. My cam shutting down.

I should open manually mydash cam every time. Sometime I forgot to open it.
Does anybody know solution of this issue ?

Version : 2015.1109.11

you can add a delay timer to hold power while you start the car is probably the easiest way to fix this

thank you very much jokiin for your reply.
I'm new user of this cam and how can i add delay timer. :)
you mean that, probably there should be title menu of cam

Thnx for your help jokiin

According your comments. is there any other solution like change firmware or switch any other setting.
Because, this cam has also capacitor and capasitor should cover power disconnecting
my friends don't have any problem same model (with blueskysea) model of this cam.

Last edited:
Check what firmware version your friends camera has, it can be resolved in firmware but updates don't really happen for this model, you might be lucky and find a better version somewhere

Even if you have the same version there's no guarantee that it will work for you as it mostly comes down to the vehicle and how long power cuts for while cranking

Hi jokiin,
I'll learn their firm wit (bluskysea) and they don't experience power cuts while cranking.

My car is Renault Fluence 2011 model and power cuts is lower than 1 sec. while cranking.
It's happening instanttaneousnessly.

you can check the firmware version to see if you can find the same, try swapping camera with your friend for a day and see the result in each car, it could also be a faulty camera

I'll try find same firm.
We've already swapped cameras for a while. Power cuts just only happening with my cam.
regards

Hi Jokiin,
my friend is electronic technician and capacitor change will get solution for power cuts issue as he said.
Do you suggest that ?

It won't fix the problem, it's not running out of power, it's the interruption of the start up process which causes the camera to shutdown but it doesn't know to restart, adding the delay timer will hold power so that this won't happen

Hi jokiin,
I'll learn their firm wit (bluskysea) and they don't experience power cuts while cranking.

My car is Renault Fluence 2011 model and power cuts is lower than 1 sec. while cranking.
It's happening instanttaneousnessly.
This is the same issue I'm having.

Do you and your friend (who doesn't have issue) have the same Firmware version? This would help me troubleshoot it down to a hardware issue.

Thanks

This is the same issue I'm having.

Do you and your friend (who doesn't have issue) have the same Firmware version? This would help me troubleshoot it down to a hardware issue.

Thanks

Hi Quaters,

I've installed 2014.0813.11 firm and it's solved power cranking issue. I can share with you.

The important thing is I've new problem with cam after install above firm.
Cam stop when SD card full. It does not write on continuously.

Hi Quaters,

I've installed 2014.0813.11 firm and it's solved power cranking issue. I can share with you.

The important thing is I've new problem with cam after install above firm.
Cam stop when SD card full. It does not write on continuously.
Please post a link to your current firmware that fixes the issue.

If this is the solution for the issue there a lot of people who would be interested in this. Maybe start a new thread so people see it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
reznorcake G1WX 6
Back