[Tutorial] Updating your G1W-C's Firmware

Hi everyone, i am in Australia, and i just bought a G1W-CB which i am very happy with, given it was only $105au which included a 32gb Kingston micro card plus the mirror clamp (which does not fit my actual mirror)
I bought it from a sydney based supplier in Ebay, so i had it posted to me in just 3 days, BUT i was getting this last file corruption on 2 different cards after i turned the ignition off.
Some told me that my cards were compatible to record the videos, and were ok if you turn the recording off manually using the button, but not compatible when the recording stops after the ignition was turned off.
Anyway, i knew it had to be some other issue as both the cards i tried were supposed to be compatible according to the seller (given they included the Kingston card) and why would 2 totally different cards give the same error, but otherwise work with all the other functions.
Anyway, the seller sent me an email with the Firmware update process as described on the first page of this Thread, and it has fixed the problem, i now have 2014.0813.11 on the camera.

I haven't experienced the file corruption issue on my G1W-CB running 2015.1028.11 firmware. Is this firmware available for download for others to try? I've been using a 64GB Adata card.

I got the 2014.1028.11 firmware from the seller, my dashcam is now running fine, and the same procedure is in the very first post in this thread, but your version seems to be the 2015 firmware, so if it is running ok then leave it alone.

Not sure where we get the same firmware that you have tho.

Would you please confirm which model you have updated ?
G1W or G1W-C ?
Reply to myself.
Don't try to update a G1W with the firmware of a G1W-C, it does not work :(

Thanks goofball. The link worked but now my cam is stuck at the Blueskysea screen!

Thanks goofball. The link worked but now my cam is stuck at the Blueskysea screen!

Which firmware did you use?
I haven't tried the 2014 firmware as I have a newer version and it does not have the file corruption issue. As they say, don't change if it's not broken, which I am trying to follow for the first time ever. :)

My cam stopped working a few weeks ago so I am trying anything to get it working. It would not go past the Welcome screen anymore. I am looking for the 2014 software link as I am hoping that is the one to get it past the Welcome screen.

more likely a hardware fault, nothing to lose I guess but I don't think firmware is going to sort it for you

more likely a hardware fault, nothing to lose I guess but I don't think firmware is going to sort it for you
Many thanks jokiin. I guess it was worth a try because it only ever worked properly for about two weeks but Gearbest claim it's a microSD card fault (even though I've used 3 different microSD cards in the camera!!!!!)

these are hit and miss, if you get a good one they're ok but there's way too many that aren't good unfortunately and then you get the run around, lack of support, no resolution to the problem etc

I must be lucky with my chinese low cost dashcams :D

I tried to roll back my Gearbest G1W-C to the 2014 following the instruction from the first posting.
Nothing, I just got black screen; I even tried pressing the ON button.
The good news is it survives !.
What to do now ?. Mine has corrupted files all over, white screen and fail to start with ignition.

What is DA380 ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
reznorcake G1WX 6
Back