Two Questions: Heat tolerance and mounting securely

Damn Dirty Ape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally getting some halfway warm days and mounted my DC today (not the back yet).

I used the thicker plate with one of the anti-rattle sticker sheets; even with the DC pushed all the way down on the plate it's not a solid firm mount. With two fingers I can move it back and forth at the bottom. On my prior unit it was rock solid. It is not the baseplate moving around (although there is a bubble caught under the plate), it is the camera moving on the plate.

Is anyone else finding a need to add a second sticker sheet perhaps?

On the other question - what kind of temps in F can this unit tolerate when off and also when on/recording? I ask since it's right there in the direct sun on the windshield.

If you can get away with the thin mount that's the ideal one. The thicker mount is if you need the clearance for the CPL filter depending on window angle. I'm not aware of DC ever being too loose. Do you see or hear any vibration or rattle during playback?

You only need to apply 1 sheet of EVA Foam to the back of the camera. (make sure it's on the camera not the mount) The others are spares.
You might be able to put a second sheet on the mount itself. (but won't stick well, not enough flat surface area)

Page 27 of the PDF user manual:
1521080873174.png

Last edited:
Back