U3000 Stuck in Parking Mode

I was in RIchmond earlier today. I could have borrowed you a cable to see if it corrected the issue.
Ohhhh, that would have been amazing. DM me next time or if there's a way we can connect that would be super.

I changed the cut-off current to 12.2V and it seems to be working normally but now it doesn't go into parking mode when I cut off the engine after the 1-minute timer I've set. It eventually changes to parking mode but I don't stay around long enough to see it. I only know it has been changed to parking mode as I enter the car and it wakes up.

I ended up picking up the IROAD OBD connector. It's now working as expected.
Hi Berz888, I am about to install U3000 in my car and I want to use IROAD OBD cable instead of Thinkware becasue the IROAD cable has simply 2 pins. Can you please share your experience so far with IROAD OBD cable ?

Hi Berz888, I am about to install U3000 in my car and I want to use IROAD OBD cable instead of Thinkware becasue the IROAD cable has simply 2 pins. Can you please share your experience so far with IROAD OBD cable ?
What make model and year of vehicle?

new mercedes glc they changed the computer, fusebox and etc. If everything is the same on VW Touareg you will probably be fine. But most likely 2024 will be new generation. WHich means it will not be supported on 2024

new mercedes glc they changed the computer, fusebox and etc. If everything is the same on VW Touareg you will probably be fine. But most likely 2024 will be new generation. WHich means it will not be supported on 2024
Thanks.

The IRoad obd has been working flawlessly with the U3000 since I've installed it. Will 100% recommend.

The IRoad obd has been working flawlessly with the U3000 since I've installed it. Will 100% recommend.
Thanks Berz888. May I know how many minutes the camera is switching to the parking mode?
I did quick test today with iroad and thinkware cables.
With iroad cable, the parking mode was not activated (waited almost 5 min). With Thinkware cable, the parking mode is activated after 2 min.

It might vary from vehicle to another, but I didn't feel the iroad obd cable is doing nice job here. Also when the car is on, sometimes the parking mode is activated with iroad cable which I couldn't understand why.

It varies as it depends on the battery voltage to switch for the IROAD. In my experience, it can be from 2-5 minutes.

The U3000 has such low battery usage during parking mode that even after 5 minutes it will be on for many hours after.

For parking mode activating, that always happened to me with using the original thinkware hardwiring. Only when I switched to the IROAD thar issue went away.

Might be a faulty IROAD cable ir compatibility issue? Can you exchange it?

It varies as it depends on the battery voltage to switch for the IROAD. In my experience, it can be from 2-5 minutes.

The U3000 has such low battery usage during parking mode that even after 5 minutes it will be on for many hours after.

For parking mode activating, that always happened to me with using the original thinkware hardwiring. Only when I switched to the IROAD thar issue went away.

Might be a faulty IROAD cable ir compatibility issue? Can you exchange it?
Thanks, I have tested again and it seems working fine. But I noticed the driving mode will be activated after the car movement and not with powering the car on. Do you the same behavior?

Thanks, I have tested again and it seems working fine. But I noticed the driving mode will be activated after the car movement and not with powering the car on. Do you the same behavior?
Drive mode for me activates when I start the car.

Drive mode for me activates when I start the car.
For me, the driving mode activate when car is one and moving.
The parking mode is activated when car is on and no moving for 5 min.

I am trying to understand the logic behind it, and it should be applicable for cars.

The waiting for movement to change to parking or change to drive mode, was pretty normal in the old days with 2 wire setups wired to always on power.
Some newer cameras can still use this old fashioned way of changing mode, at least on street guardian i last tested you could select 2 or 3 wire mode.

With 3 wire setups the ACC wire is the trigger for this or that, so the change are instant, or if you like most times there also is a parking guard delay of 30 - 60 - 90 seconds, so you can at least get out of the car and close it without creating a event.
That iroad thing is probably why you see this kind of behavior.

All sorts of strange things might happen when you start to use other brand parts with something

Back