Uber Assault in Augusta, GA captured on dashcam 2/27/16 3:00am

I asume it is another case of beer in - brain out.

Takes a special person to attack the driver while the car is moving.

Damn drunks.

Whose name was on the Uber account?
Was he the one who booked the ride?

If so, what kind of rating did you give him?

:)

I installed a cf100 for an uber driver, with the rear cam pointing in, but its rear camera doesn't have IR LEDs. Probably not very good at night, but he said he doesn't plan on driving for uber at night. But if he ever did, I suggested he look into getting IR LEDs for his dome and/or map lights for that purpose. I'm sure they're out there if you look long enough.

Last edited:
I wouldve slammed on the brakes and beaten his ass. Sorry, no excuse for that. A simple trip to jail is not enough to teach someone like that a lesson.

I wouldve slammed on the brakes and beaten his ass. Sorry, no excuse for that. A simple trip to jail is not enough to teach someone like that a lesson.

Not everyone is as tough as you are.

You know I'm glad he's been charged. In my opinion, to attack someone in their own car is as bad as attacking someone in their own home.

I hope there was a good result from the charge. OP showed enormous restraint, it would be a shame if he did the right thing but didn't get justice.

Do these cameras get a good face shot when the interior light is on? The IR footage is great evidence, but might not be so good for making an ID. Might be worth setting up some decent lights for when the passenger first gets in.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back