Uber safe!

Plus i am not too sure how healthy it is sitting all night bathed in strong IR light, but i assume it is better than UV light.
I think it is OK until you look directly at the lamps, and then because your eyes can't see the light, they don't protect themselves by closing their iris and you can get permanent eye damage. IR doesn't cause skin cancer like UV lamps will.

They are fine at low levels, but I wouldn't put a 3W lamp where someone may look at it from 30cm distance - visible 3W LED torches come with a safety warning not to look directly into them and with them your eyes do close their irises.

Well, those two links above for the 940nm lights is absolutely gold! Thank you very much! I do not want 840nm as it is dimly visible, but when you are in pitch Black, it is the only thing you see. Once again, I drive at night with barely any light source at all around me. I don't want some drunk dumbass to see the little red light and pick it off or do something stupid to it. Those things are cheap. I looked into health concerns of infrared light and apparently it is very rare that infrared can cause retinal damage. It is never been recorded to have happened with the LED type. This is a good thing

well people dont see much, there are a video online of some jeep owner getting his jeep stolen / jacked, and the guy drive around for a good while with a dashcam right in front of him.
And as i kid i once spent a good half hour looking for the keys in my hand :rolleyes:

Back