Unable to play EVERY LAST file for A119S? Corruption?

Also I had two screen freezes (see photo) since I updated to FW 2.4.

I had this happen a couple of times before:
-On original FW, with a marginal SD card, and marginal power supply.
-On updated FW, it happened again.
-Now I'm running FW2.4 since the day after its release, and so far no problems.

I have a strong suspicion that the A119S is very susceptible to power supply issues-- if you have another power supply around, consider giving it a try.

I have a strong suspicion that the A119S is very susceptible to power supply issues-- if you have another power supply around, consider giving it a try.

the quality of the power supply is more important than many people would realise

the quality of the power supply is more important than many people would realise

Is this something that the cam manufacturer can mitigate by adding additional capacitors/power conditioning to the power being supplied?

Is this something that the cam manufacturer can mitigate by adding additional capacitors/power conditioning to the power being supplied?

I don't think so, it's a case of GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) if you don't have a suitable power supply input you won't get stable operation, some of the cheap hardwire kits are very poor quality and suffer voltage sag, unstable output etc, very hard to work with that

Hi There!

I actually did change the power supply a few weeks ago. I'm now powering my two VIOFO dashcams from a USB Powerbank. So far I had no issues.

For the rear, I use the A119S with the USB cable that came supplied in the box.
For the front, I use my A119 PRO with a shorter, but good quality screened USB cable I had already installed in my car.

So far, so good! :)

Viofo stated in this post that most of the time a corrupt file can be repaired by playing it back in the camera.

Back