Unsafe lane changing

Jackdore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What you reckon guys given the speeds involved 70mph would you say this was unsafe. Go to 38 secinds to skip

Last edited:
Well you are supposed to leave a 2 second gap, which is what you had until he pulled in, after that it is a very short gap. How big is the gap? (count the frames and divide by 30 or 60fps.) He also didn't indicate soon enough, supposed to be 3 or more flashes before starting to move.

Doesn't look too bad on the wide angle video, even for us that are used to wide angle. Given that we can see the A pillars on both sides your dashcam must be wider angle than most - you should zoom it in a bit so that it looks like you experienced it, then you would get a different response...

Yeah the angle is like 170 degrees as it a xiaomi mijia dashcam. It felt pretty damn close i have to say

This is a zoomed video maybe that will give a better impression

Now it definitely looks unsafe, but if you want to send the video into the police, maybe the police would not be too pleased with you since when someone pulls in front of you after an overtake and they are too close, you are supposed to open up the 2 second gap again. Also the police like original videos, so you have the wrong dashcam for sending stuff like this in!

Yeah i was trying to open the gap again but had another car behind me so couldnt slam the anchors on as much as I would if there was a clear road behind me otherwise I could of caused an accident with the car behind

Nothing unsafe here except your honk.
Mike

only thing i saw wrong by the OP was using the wrong word. the correct term is AUDIOT. :D

the guy cut you off AND hit the brakes - nothing safe about that. he deserved the honk, but probably didn't think he did anything wrong - how can a person who is AWESOME enough to be driving an AUDI possibly ever do anything wrong? :rolleyes:

Back