Unsupported format

ivanhoe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,

I'm curious about the above subject, periodically I get this coming up on my dashcam footage, there seems to be no reason for it - as an example I drive into town for a morning coffee and before I actually get there I fill up, then go to the coffee shop before driving home....the footage shows me driving to the petrol (gas) station then theres a section of unsupported format and the footage recommences leaving the car park to drive home.

Is this common or restricted to just one brand.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

My generic cams do that kind of behaviour sometimes. This occurs when they receive power (car powered on), then they briefly lose power during the starter motor cycle. The cam can get confused and gets into a strange state and may not record correctly until the next power-on cycle.

Thanks for responses Guys,

I have a Panorama S2 and this has always happened, from new, as I said it is periodic and has been on a couple of cards (Sandisk & Lexar) I've used, I have a habit of listening for the "bells and whistles" and I am sure they go off as per a normal correct commencement procedure.

Any more thoughts??

Thanks

Sandisk is the wrong card for this camera, the Lexar card though should be fine

Hi Jokiin

Interesting, I had always been led to believe that sandisk was one of the more reliable and better quality sdhc's around - is your comment a personal preference or is there some reason for your statement??

Thanks

Sandisk are good cards, just not for most dashcams, they're a known problem model for this camera, don't use Adata cards in this camera either

Jokiin,

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated

Thanks

Back