Updating F750 firmware

ixalon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed a F750 today (using the hardwire kit) and am really happy with it. However it came with firmware v1.0.12 and I notice a newer version is available, but I'm not able to get it to install.

I downloaded f750_3_1.00.15.zip, extracted it and placed F750_pkg.bin (and driveinfo & setting folders) in the root of the SD card, inserted it and powered on. I do not get any "upgrade will now start" message, just the usual "continuous recording will now start". I've tried using the SD card that came with the camera and also a blank one but no joy.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

You should just have to place the files on the micro sd card as per the instructions. Next time it powers on it will update automatically.

1. Download the latest firmware by selecting the appropriate geographic region where the dash cam is used http://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download.

(eg. x500_1.00.23_us.zip)

2. Unzip the downloaded file into the root directory of your MicroSD Card.

[SD_ROOT]:/X500_pkg.bin

[SD_ROOT]:/MicomFirmware.hex

[SD_ROOT]:/Setting/default.cfg

[SD_ROOT]:/X500_Setting.exe

3. Download the latest speed / red light camera data in accordance to the geographic regionhttp://www.thinkware.com/Support/Download.

(smartguidepoint.dx2)

4. Copy the downloaded smartguidepoint.dx2 file into the ‘driveinfo’ folder. (If ‘driveinfo’ folder doesn’t exist in the root directory of your MicroSD Card, please create one.)

[SD_ROOT]:/driveinfo/smartguidepoint.dx2

5. Insert the MircoSD Card into the dash cam unit.

6. The device will start upgrading once the voice notification “The upgrade will now start” is played.

7. When complete, the dash cam will operate with the latest firmware.

Thanks... Those were the instructions I followed which don't work. The files in the F750 update ZIP are slightly different (no MicomFirmware or .exe)

I'll just wait until they fix the iOS/Android app to update the firmware that way.

Happy new year!

FYI it worked for me and I used the UK package.

FYI it worked for me and I used the UK package.

Thanks - I'll try again with another SD card, but from a PC - just in case it's something to do with setting up the card from a Mac.

Looking at a dump of the firmware it's certainly looking for the following files:
D:\SETTING\smartguidepoint.dx2 or D:\driveinfo\smartguidepoint.dx2
D:\SETTING\default.cfg
D:\SETTING\F750_pkg.bin or D:\F750_pkg.bin
D:\SETTING\MicomFirmware.hex or D:\MicomFirmware.hex

Only thing the UK update package doesn't contain is MicomFirmware.hex - does anyone else have this file for the F750?

The canada one did not

I used a Windows PC. Maybe the Micom FW is just for the X500.

Hi all

I am also having issues upgrading the FW on my F750 2Ch system.

Followed the instruction in the forum, but the camera reports that the upgrade failed.
Current version is 1.00.06 and I tried to upgrade to 1.00.15

Could it be that I am required to upgrade to an intermediated FW release?
Unfortunately the handbook or the Thinkware website are not very informative.

Klaus

I downgraded to v.6 the quality appears to decline with 15

Hi all

I am also having issues upgrading the FW on my F750 2Ch system.

Followed the instruction in the forum, but the camera reports that the upgrade failed.
Current version is 1.00.06 and I tried to upgrade to 1.00.15

Could it be that I am required to upgrade to an intermediated FW release?
Unfortunately the handbook or the Thinkware website are not very informative.

Klaus

I recently updated my F750 from 1.00.09 to .15 with no issues. I don't believe you need to incrementally update. I would reach out to Thinkware. Their support is very responsive. I had a firmware upgrade issue on my F550 and they provided me a recovery firmware file to try.

Has anyone updated to the latest speed camera update ? Just wondering once updated and you 1st turn on do you get an speech saying updating or is that only for firmware ! As i did update yesterday but no speech to say update done

Thanks

I wouldn't expect it would confirm it, it's just data, not like firmware where you're effectively doing a software update

I wouldn't expect it would confirm it, it's just data, not like firmware where you're effectively doing a software update

Thanks i wasn't sure .This is a bug bare of mine ! I would rather have a more of a plug and play system the same as my tom tom so you Know that all updates have updated successfully rather than dragging and unzipping files etc

finally success with the FW upgrade.
I followed the same steps as before, but used now my new SD Card and the the provided Thinkware SD Card.
This is the second Thinkware card I have, the first one locked up and I had it replaced. I am starting to believe that the quality of the Thinkware card is poor, this is a matter for an other discussion.

I followed the steps described by Wytwolf above.

Just wondering how often do we get firm ware updates and is there a new version due out ?

Yes I have noticed the PC software has been updated recently but not the firmware. I have seen higher level of firmware been posted put not released

Back