Upgrade BlackVue DR-750S or not?

Drbwell

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750S-2CH
Hey folks, I've been running my DR-750S 2CH for over 5yrs. I've been thinking it's time for an upgrade. I have a couple of questions.
1) Are there any 2 channel cameras that'll utilize my current wiring (hardwire setup)?
2) I'm considering the DR-750X-2CH IR Plus. Does this cam have LTE? Will the wiring I currently have installed work with this camera system?

Hey folks, I've been running my DR-750S 2CH for over 5yrs. I've been thinking it's time for an upgrade. I have a couple of questions.
1) Are there any 2 channel cameras that'll utilize my current wiring (hardwire setup)?
Pittasoft has a page on their BlackVue website showing the compatibility of power and camera cabling.

Accessories Compatibility across Different Camera Models

Almost all of the "X Plus" series of dash camera use a different power connector than the older DR750S-2CH dash camera. There are two DR750 models with internal LTE support that still use the older style power cable - the DR750X-2CH LTE Plus and the DR750-2CH LTE.

According to the video cable section of their compatibility page, the same coaxial video cables/connectors are used across a vast majority of the dash cameras mounted inside of the vehicle over the past several years.

2) I'm considering the DR-750X-2CH IR Plus. Does this cam have LTE? Will the wiring I currently have installed work with this camera system?
The "DR750X-2CH IR Plus" dash camera does not have LTE connectivity. They do offer a version of the DR750X Plus with LTE and the IR camera. The DR750X-2CH IR LTE Plus is the one you would want if you want a 2-channel DR750X Plus dash camera with an IR camera and LTE connectivity. That dash camera should use the same power and video cable connections as your existing DR750S-2CH dash camera.

Last edited:
Can I use my T-mobile HotSpot instead of purchasing the DR750-2CH LTE since my cam is still working well? If so, can you explain how to set this up?

Solid explanation @rcg530. (On a related note, I've found it a bit weird that some of the newer X Plus LTE dashcams still utilize the same older power cables and thus require a PMP or something for voltage management while the non-LTE X Plus dashcams use the newer power cable.)

Can I use my T-mobile HotSpot instead of purchasing the DR750-2CH LTE since my cam is still working well? If so, can you explain how to set this up?
Which hotspot do you have and how do you power it? Does it work while your vehicle is in parking mode?

I use a TMobile hotspot in my car, an OBD one, and it's a bit of a tricky setup to get it working in parking mode. Here's a video on the setup:

Popping a SIM card in your LTE dashcam will be a simpler and easier setup, more than likely, especially when it comes to getting your cloud connection while parked. The dashcam can also share its internet connection with multiple devices in your car so it can ultimately replace your current hotspot if all you're looking for is in-car WiFi.

Vortex, we’ve spoken in the past! Thanks for all you do and offer to your followers. I have the Franklin T10 mobile hotspot. It’s powered into my B124 battery pack. I don’t have an LTE dash cam.

Back