[USA] Impatient SUV driver cuts semi truck off, ends up with $600+ in tickets.

Sweet :)
Sadly i dont think the same could happen here for a fjew reasons.
1. the cops most likely dont have a car around, and have no spare one they could send to intercept.
2. if it had been a Dane driving that SUV he would not admit to breake checking and so on, most likely he would have come up with a slew of lies and bad excuses.

I can see why many semi drivers have been looking for a rear / side camera to dokument simmilar things, lets hope some of the good dashcam brands will accommodate that wish soon.

Somthing like a waterproof housing for the X1 / X2 rear camera, i cant see that beeing a huge problem to come up with.

I just saw this on reddit/roadcam. That SUV driver really should have his license revoked. I've been in this situation before when an 18 wheeler wants to pass a slower moving vehicle and it does take a bit of time for them to pass. I'm not going to mess around with a semi.

Sweet :)
Sadly i dont think the same could happen here for a fjew reasons.
1. the cops most likely dont have a car around, and have no spare one they could send to intercept.
2. if it had been a Dane driving that SUV he would not admit to breake checking and so on, most likely he would have come up with a slew of lies and bad excuses.

I can see why many semi drivers have been looking for a rear / side camera to dokument simmilar things, lets hope some of the good dashcam brands will accommodate that wish soon.

Somthing like a waterproof housing for the X1 / X2 rear camera, i cant see that beeing a huge problem to come up with.
probably the hardest part will be one on the back of the trailer, because often a driver will simply hitch up to whatever trailer they're given, so they'd have to move a camera and cable to that new trailer. then again having cameras mounted on the side mirrors would probably be enough.

The truck the other truck passed is from a company that usually governs the trucks around 59-60 MPH. They also 'lease purchase' a lot of trucks to suckers....I mean......optimistic self-employed drivers. Those trucks usually run faster.
It wouldn't take long to pass that truck if he was doing 70 MPH.

On that stretch of I-80 it doesn't matter if you are running the speed limit, somebody will always be crawling up on your butt, and not happy you are 'in their way'.

Most truckers don't use the same trailer all the time. Many of the bigger companies you see on the road are 'drop and hook', and the trucker may have multiple trailers during a day.

When I get a chance I'll play with trying to aim some cameras at the big mirrors to see if they catch enough of what is going on at the sides of my truck, but I'm kind of at the limit of the number of dangling wires and crap to keep up with,now. I"d prefer having closer to 180 degree coverage in the front.

Last edited:
Yeah i would go for a camera on the mirror "tree" on the left side of my rig, and then maybe in future a cam on the right side too.

Covering the back of a rig is not easy to do, and i think its not worth the efford, CUZ if some one rear end a moving or parked truck its most likely his own fault, and the cameras up front sould be able to proof it was not the fault of the semi.

I have never lived off my truck licence, but just getting it and driving around town with the teacher was more than enuff for me to curse car drivers - motorcyclists and ppl bicycling and walking.

It was like ????? WTF do all ppl have a death wish :mad:

So tickets were not for brake checking but for other things?

New state law, beeing stupid is now a offence subjekt to fines and in really bad cases capital punishment.

Its allso know as the 2015 moron law :D

I guess a lot of less smart ppl forgot to vote NO to prop 1156

Last edited:
Yes, I don't think there is any way for a Wyoming cop to write tickets for offenses in Nebraska.
I'm guessing he checked the SUV out in response to a 'dangerous driver' call, which is cool.
The SUV driver probably confessed while giving his version of what happened, :) but the tickets were for other stuff. :)

That driver is not only arrogant but stupid as well.
When you are driving without insurance and other documents, you really need to observe the law and lay low, not become a spotlight.

Anybody knows how does this really work? First of all, what number you should call? We have boatload of such a-holes in tristate area. Then why would a state trooper believe you? If needed, how do you hand over footage?

Anybody knows how does this really work? First of all, what number you should call? We have boatload of such a-holes in tristate area. Then why would a state trooper believe you? If needed, how do you hand over footage?

First the SUV driver is an A hole and stupid at the same time.
Second he probably running his mouth, when he was stopped by the cop.
When he was confronted by the cop, he admitted what he did, so its a easy task for police to give him a ticket. He should have denied it.
If I have understood right, police have to see the car breaking the law, to give you the ticket. Not from someone dash cam.
The was no accident but if there was, the truck driver could prof SUV driver did break in front of him. In that way it could help him.
In VA you can call highway patrol on #77

Back