using Finevu as USB mass storage with Pittasoft MicroSD

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since Finevu shows up as a USB mass storage device in Windows, I tested if I can use the Pittasoft MicroSD card and copy over some videos. Yes It can. The Finevu will read the Pittasoft microSD and allow you to copy, paste, and play any file you wish. The finevu acts as a microSD adapter when connected to your Windows PC. The first two pictures shows me installing the microSD card into Finevu.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    594.7 KB · Views: 195
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 195
AmericanDriver said:
Since Finevu shows up as a USB mass storage device in Windows, I tested if I can use the Pittasoft MicroSD card and copy over some videos. Yes It can. The Finevu will read the Pittasoft microSD and allow you to copy, paste, and play any file you wish. The finevu acts as a microSD adapter when connected to your Windows PC. The first two pictures shows me installing the microSD card into Finevu.

where exactly do you copy and paste to (maybe I'm not following your meaning) does it have its own internal storage?

These two pictures shows the files that are on the card while using the Finevu as a USB mass storage device. If you notice, the file called Blackvue will be next to the files that Finevu writes onto the card when powered up.

Attachments

• photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    505.8 KB · Views: 193
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 193
These two pictures show inside the Blackvue folder and all the video files on the card.

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    529.3 KB · Views: 192
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    612.5 KB · Views: 192
have to say I'm still not following, if I took a card from a Blackview and put it my camera it will write the system folders and add the playback software etc regardless of what else is on the card and I'd see all of that when plugged into a PC, do you have something different to that happening here?

After you are done using the Pittasoft microSD card inside the Finevu camera, just highlight all the Finevu folders and hit the delete. Power down the camera, then remove the card from the Finevu and install back into the Blackvue. Basically, what I am saying is that the Finevu acts as a USB mass storage device when hooked up to your WIndows PC. As with any USB mass storage device, you are able to write, read, copy, and paste any file or folder you want onto any microSD card you insert into the Finevu camera.

Attachments

• photo-6.JPG
    photo-6.JPG
    323.8 KB · Views: 192
  • photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 192
jokiin said:
have to say I'm still not following, if I took a card from a Blackview and put it my camera it will write the system folders and add the playback software etc regardless of what else is on the card and I'd see all of that when plugged into a PC, do you have something different to that happening here?

Yes, the Finevu will write the files to the Blackvue card temporary, but after you are done, just highlight the Finevu files and send them to the trash.

jokiin said:
AmericanDriver said:

where exactly do you copy and paste to (maybe I'm not following your meaning) does it have its own internal storage?

No internal storage, just microSD cards.

ok so you mean you can use the cam as a card reader and it writes a couple of system files to the card while it's at it, stick any card in there and you should see the same result, to the computer is just a mass storage device

jokiin said:
ok so you mean you can use the cam as a card reader and it writes a couple of system files to the card while it's at it, stick any card in there and you should see the same result, to the computer is just a mass storage device

Yes. You could install any microSD card from any camera you want and play those video files through the camera onto the PC. Just remember to delete the Finevu files from the memory card before you power down..

Back