V.1.006

Could be possible to roll back the app - on Android devices - if you could find the previous .apk file but probably not a lot of people holding on to those previous versions.
iOS devices, thanks come again!

I'm not surprised you haven't heard back from them yet, I've heard they're not the quickest lol
Did you email cs@pittasoft.com ?

Yes that’s the one. Oh dear.
iPhone 7 here. Actually, it’s the PC viewer as well.
Concerning that nobody else has echoed the same problem.

maybe it helps:
I also have an issue with the Windows Viewer ; version 1.18 and 1.19 are missing an option in the settings for "video acceleration", so for me I can not play directly (by clicking on them) the Rear videos. I can see them only by opening a front video and then pressing the button on the button to switch to the rear. But in the viewer 1.17 everything works fine. I wrote an e-mail to blackvue (I also created a video to show them the problem), they answered but their first "technical" answer was B.S. .... I answered back and waiting for a new answer ....

So regarding the playing of the video, check also the viewer 1.17.

I can’t even play front files. The viewer closes.
Other than that are you still up and running with 1.006?

Yay! heard back from BlackVue:

Thank you for choosing BlackVue and our apologies for the delay in response

Please do the following steps to upgrade the firmware (factory reset/troubleshooting) and see if it fixes the issues.

1. Turn off the dashcam and take out the SD card. Connect it with the computer by using the micro SD card reader.

2. After getting the backup your necessary recordings saved on the SD card, format it as FAT32[windows] / MS-DOS(FAT) [MAC] using the format tool in BlackVue PC Viewer program (please refer to the attached pics).

3. Download the latest firmware for your dashcam model from our website : https://www.blackvue.com/downloads/#1460710341510-e242903f-5343

4. Unzip the downloaded firmware and copy the "BlackVue" folder into the SD card.

5. Insert the SD card in the dashcam and power it up.

Thank you

Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team

@Civvy, have almost the same problem with v1.006 as you.

Disabled my WiFi hotspot.
Installed v1.006 without problem.
Connected to camera via App and WiFi. No problem.
Could browse everything as usual, could even see the switch for high temperature warning! No problem.
Kept it running for half an hour, everything still ok.
Enabled my hotspot, camera connected to Cloud as it should.
Connected to camera via App and Cloud, did connect, but poor response.
After approx 1 minute Cloud disconnected, and now camera almost died, could connect via WiFi, but could not browse at all.

Did a rollback to v1.005 so now everyting is ok for me.
Waiting for Pittasoft to do some overtime and fix this! :)

Hi,
I installed today 1.006, and until now everything works fine.
I drove ~45mins today, the connection to the cloud was stable. A couple of minutes ago I downloaded through the cloud some videos and played and everything works like before (i can play front videos and switch back to rear; but I can not double click on a rear video). I don't face, until now, any issue from 1.006.

Mine’s gone, I was asked to send it to BlackVue. They said when the red led is on solid there’s an indication that the FW hasn’t installed fully. The first time I installed was over WiFi, they said if it drops out during this it can result in my situation. Like pulling the power on any install.
At that point, depending on where the install was severed it can’t be overturned even with a fresh install from a PC. As a Newbie to dashcams I’ve learned a hard lesson about installing FW. Why wouldn’t I use the app if it’s there?
I hope you guys get sorted.
Thanks for sharing your ideas and experiences.

Last edited:
And the lesson is: NEVER, EVER update firmware on ANYTHING by WiFi unless you have absolutely no other method, however convoluted that might be.

And the lesson is: NEVER, EVER update firmware on ANYTHING by WiFi unless you have absolutely no other method, however convoluted that might be.

Speaking for myself only and since I do not have a computer anymore just an iPad and iPhone, I have been uploading firmware via Wi-Fi for some time without one issue.

Until now I've never had any issue with a wifi firmware update, but Civvy's story is a lesson for me, next updates will done done with SD card.

An update on my problem described in post #26.

Decided to give v1.006 another chance, downloaded the zip-file again to be sure the first one not was corrupted.
Took some long shots, replaced SD card with another one, replaced my WiFi hotspot Honor 8 with Samsung S4.
Extracted the zip-file to SD-card and did the upgrade.
But the same scenario as in post #26 occured. Havoc! :eek:

Sent an email to support at Pittasoft yesterday, intresting to read their responce after the weekend.

Did of cource a rollback to v1.005 and now everything is working just fine again!! (y)

@SR45. Like I said. "unless you have absolutely no other method"

An update on my problem described in post #26.

Decided to give v1.006 another chance, downloaded the zip-file again to be sure the first one not was corrupted.
Took some long shots, replaced SD card with another one, replaced my WiFi hotspot Honor 8 with Samsung S4.
Extracted the zip-file to SD-card and did the upgrade.
But the same scenario as in post #26 occured. Havoc! :eek:

Sent an email to support at Pittasoft yesterday, intresting to read their responce after the weekend.

Did of cource a rollback to v1.005 and now everything is working just fine again!! (y)

Hi Kupa ... I also did an upgrade from v1.005 to v1.006 on my computer... not WiFi.
My unit disconnects when I try live views from the cloud or WiFi access.
Id like to return to v1.005 but cannot find this on blackvue . You said you reverted to v1.005... how did you do this ? :)

@SR45. Like I said. "unless you have absolutely no other method"
Hi Kupa ... I also did an upgrade from v1.005 to v1.006 on my computer... not WiFi.
Id like to return to v1.005 but cannot find this on blackvue . You said you reverted to v1.005... how did you do this ? :)

One used the WIFI method to update and another did not use the WiFi method. Now what ? Might be something else to this.

Hi Albee, sorry to hear that you also have problem with v1.006.

I used the standard method for upgrading, which became downgrading. I was a bit worried that it should not work, but it did!

Format SD-card, extract the zip-file with fw v1.005 to SD-card, insert the SD card in to the dashcam and power on to upgrade/downgrade.
Worked for me! :)

Good luck! (y)

One used the WIFI method to update and another did not use the WiFi method. Now what ? Might be something else to this.

Kinda strange this, yes...
Never used WiFi to upgrade, always SD-card, still v1.006 makes a mess in dashcam. :mad:

Hi Albee, sorry to hear that you also have problem with v1.006.

I used the standard method for upgrading, which became downgrading. I was a bit worried that it should not work, but it did!

Format SD-card, extract the zip-file with fw v1.005 to SD-card, insert the SD card in to the dashcam and power on to upgrade/downgrade.
Worked for me! :)

Good luck! (y)

Hi Kupa..... all done with thanks. Was lucky enough to find a previous download of v1.005 and back in business. Let's hope pitasoft is watching and try to do the necessary fixes to v1.006. The main reason for the upgrade was for the temp alarm. I hope they consider including a shut down feature when max temps are exceeded to protect the unit
Cheers !!.. :)

Last edited:
Hi Kupa..... all done with thanks. Was lucky enough to find a previous download of v1.005 and back in business. Let's hope pitasoft is watching and try to do the necessary fixes to v1.006. The main reason for the upgrade was for the temp alarm. I hope they consider including a shut down feature when max temps are exceeded to protect the unit
Cheers !!.. :)

Great, now you have a working cam again! (y) But we do of course want a working v1.006!

Back