V.1.006

No avail. I wonder if it’s the App then which was updated as well.
I don’t know if I can roll that back.
Really surprised i’ve not heard back from BlackVue support yet.
I’m out of ideas - I guess I haven’t owned it long enough.

Thanks for your support guys.
Good luck with yours!

No avail. I wonder if it’s the App then which was updated as well.
I don’t know if I can roll that back.
Really surprised i’ve not heard back from BlackVue support yet.
I’m out of ideas - I guess I haven’t owned it long enough.

Thanks for your support guys.
Good luck with yours!

Hi Civvy .. Hope by now you've resolved the 1v.006 rollback to 1v.005 challenge. If any help . I had the same predicament and found copies of 1v.005 in my download files
Maybe try same and good luck. :)

I also have the problem with Live vew disconnects. But I also have had for a long time now sins version 1.001 and thats is:
When I click on live video streaming to Facebook or Youtube, then the video laggs like every 2 secounds, this have been a problem sins I upgrade from version 1.001 and it havent been fixes up to version 1.005. As the cam disconnects from Blackvue cloud when trying to show live video in version 1.006 then I havent manage to test the live video streaming in version 1.006 but as it dissconnects then this feture is still now fixed.

I used over 4 hours searthing for version 1.001 the version The daschcam had when I buyed it, I downgraded to version 1.001 today and the live video stream to youtube or facebook is fixed and working. I dont know what Blackvue are doing but when they have added more fetures in the newer firmware then the camera gets other bad problems it seams. This is bad that new fetures is affecting other fetures with the camera, this most be fixed and shodent be relesed before they are sure the firmware is working great.

As it is today, the Firmware version 1.001 is the best, if you can live with that, the daschcam is great and working perfectly.
So for me, I have starting to lose hope for Blackvue cams, as it have been 4 firmwares and the live video stream to youtube or facebook have still not been fixed. So I dont dear to order the new camera before I have getten proof that, that problems do not exist on the new 900 series.

I sent an email to Blackvue support regarding this problem. Hope I get an answer. Good luck guys, I’m not going to download the newest update until there is some word on this.

I sent an email to Blackvue support regarding this problem. Hope I get an answer. Good luck guys, I’m not going to download the newest update until there is some word on this.

Well done, we need to put some pressure on Pittasoft about problems like this.

Well done, we need to put some pressure on Pittasoft about problems like this.

I don’t expect a personal reply. I got a canned reply yesterday that others have gotten as well, which did not address the issue completely. I wrote back to them that it did not answer my question, so, let’s see what happens. At least they could have a link on their website to download a previous firmware.

My install to 1.006 seems to be working fine.
Is it the cloud connectivity that is giving people the most problems?

My install to 1.006 seems to be working fine.
Is it the cloud connectivity that is giving people the most problems?

Yes, without Cloud i have no problem as decribed in post #26 and #33.
Connecting to Cloud and for instance tap "Live view" puts the cam to deep sleep, no responce.

I sent an email to Blackboxmycar to verify, that if I needed warranty on a botched firmware install, that they could fix it, and they said they would. For anyone that wants to know. For me it would be welcomed and peace of mind since I do not own a computer anymore, but only an iPhone and an iPad Pro and I can only use Wi-Fi to update firmware’s to my dashcam.

Yes, without Cloud i have no problem as decribed in post #26 and #33.
Connecting to Cloud and for instance tap "Live view" puts the cam to deep sleep, no responce.

Since I am very new at this, and to clarify, are you talking about the BlackVue app that has the “Cloud” selection that one should not use for updates, instead only using the Wi-Fi tab for firmware updates ? I am just a little confused so forgive me for asking.

@SR45
The app only does firmware updates through Wi-Fi, I believe.
He's saying since he's done the 1.006 update, the cloud service has been giving him troubles.

For you to do an update you would go through wi-fi NOT cloud.
Ideally, you should connect your SD card to a computer to format it and put the new BlackVue unzipped software file into the root of your SD card. However, since you only have iOS devices to work with... doing the Over-The-Air update seems to be your only option - so good luck!

It should work still, it's just there's more possibility of something going wrong during update/install.

Once successfully updated to 1.006, people are reporting issues connecting to their cam using the "BlackVue Cloud" option.

Sounds like connecting through "BlackVue Wi-Fi" is working as it should be.

I've done the update but I don't really use cloud services.
I've created a BlackVue Cloud account to go and test it this afternoon though.

Will report back.

Since I am very new at this, and to clarify, are you talking about the BlackVue app that has the “Cloud” selection that one should not use for updates, instead only using the Wi-Fi tab for firmware updates ? I am just a little confused so forgive me for asking.

Well, my problem is not the update, worked just find with SD-card method.
It's connecting to Cloud after update that causes shutdowm of cam.
OTA update is through WiFi only, never done it that way.

@SR45
The app only does firmware updates through Wi-Fi, I believe.
He's saying since he's done the 1.006 update, the cloud service has been giving him troubles.

For you to do an update you would go through wi-fi NOT cloud.
Ideally, you should connect your SD card to a computer to format it and put the new BlackVue unzipped software file into the root of your SD card. However, since you only have iOS devices to work with... doing the Over-The-Air update seems to be your only option - so good luck!

It should work still, it's just there's more possibility of something going wrong during update/install.

Once successfully updated to 1.006, people are reporting issues connecting to their cam using the "BlackVue Cloud" option.

Sounds like connecting through "BlackVue Wi-Fi" is working as it should be.

That’s what I’m gonna do using the Wi-Fi method. I do have inside my home a stable Wi-Fi connection. I disconnect the dashcam from my car and bring it inside for any firmware updates. So I hope this will always work for me. Thank you for your assistance.

You would do the firmware update through your mobile phones BlackVue app, connecting your phone to your BlackVue's wi-fi.
Also, you'd need power to your dashcam to finish the update so unless you're bringing your whole setup inside, might be easier to do right in your vehicle.

The only time you'd need your home's wi-fi would be if you wanted to use cloud features.

On another note, I've tried hooking up my cam to the cloud this afternoon but I couldn't get it to find my iPhone's hotspot at all.
It was able to see other Wi-Fi names in my area, but not the hotspot - tried to manually put in my SSID & password with no success.
So every time I click on my camera through BlackVue Cloud it says it "failed to retrieve the file list from the camera".

Not sure if it's my issue and I'm overlooking how to connect the cam to my iPhone (iPhone connects to dashcams wi-fi just fine) or if it's related to the 1.006 cloud issues.

What is 1.006 supposed to fix? I am an "If it ain't broke then don't fix it." type of geezer.

Added high temperature warning (Cloud feature):
– Receive an alert Push Notification when your BlackVue detects an ambient temperature of 65 degrees Celsius (149°F) or more.
– Firmware settings > Cloud settings > Push notification settings.

1.006 firmware details.

They also released firmware for the desktop apps - mainly a bunch of updates due to the DR900S being released.

Thanks DashOto, Then I shan't bother. I don't 'do' Cloud or the DR900S.

On another note, I've tried hooking up my cam to the cloud this afternoon but I couldn't get it to find my iPhone's hotspot at all.
It was able to see other Wi-Fi names in my area, but not the hotspot - tried to manually put in my SSID & password with no success.
So every time I click on my camera through BlackVue Cloud it says it "failed to retrieve the file list from the camera".

Not sure if it's my issue and I'm overlooking how to connect the cam to my iPhone (iPhone connects to dashcams wi-fi just fine) or if it's related to the 1.006 cloud issues.

Also share similar prbs .... Since my upgrade to 1.006. - a) same failure as yours to retrieve file list b) Cam disconnects after live feed requests on WiFi or Cloud c) Cam disconnects randomly from cloud. etc etc . Ive tried to revert to 1.005, but eventually noted that 1.006 remains while problems still exist... I returned my unit to the dealer who recvd several complaints about this upgrade and will try to get me a new unit tmrw. Please wish me luck :).

Last edited:
Hi Albee, sorry to hear that you also have problem with v1.006.

I used the standard method for upgrading, which became downgrading. I was a bit worried that it should not work, but it did!

Format SD-card, extract the zip-file with fw v1.005 to SD-card, insert the SD card in to the dashcam and power on to upgrade/downgrade.
Worked for me! :)

Good luck! (y)

Hi Kupa.... a quick favour. Can u check firmware version of your cam. ?. I tried to downgrade as you did. The firmware version however remaines V1.006 and problems contd.

Back