V.1.006

Hi Kupa.... a quick favour. Can u check firmware version of your cam. ?. I tried to downgrade as you did. The firmware version however remaines V1.006 and problems contd.

Hi Albee
I have v1.005. Have rollbacked from v1.006 to v1.005 several times when trying to locate the problems, no problem for me using SD-card method.
I'm on v1.005 now and everyting is running as it should, WiFi, Cloud, Cloud browse files and Cloud Live view.

Edit:
Are you sure you are using v1.005? When you have extracted the zip-file to SD-card or HDD on your computer, read "version.bin" in a text editor, it's a text-file. It should say "version = 1.005".

Last edited:
Hi Albee
I have v1.005. Have rollbacked from v1.006 to v1.005 several times when trying to locate the problems, no problem for me using SD-card method.
I'm on v1.005 now and everyting is running as it should, WiFi, Cloud, Cloud browse files and Cloud Live view.

Edit:
Are you sure you are using v1.005? When you have extracted the zip-file to SD-card or HDD on your computer, read "version.bin" in a text editor, it's a text-file. It should say "version = 1.005".

I try the roll back on my computer (SD card) but v1.006 remains on the camera. !! Congrats on your downgrade and all Ok !!.... My unit was returned for a possible exchange by the dealer. wish me luck !! Thanks for the update..... Cheers :).

I try the roll back on my computer (SD card) but v1.006 remains on the camera. !! Congrats on your downgrade and all Ok !!.... My unit was returned for a possible exchange by the dealer. wish me luck !! Thanks for the update..... Cheers :).

Thank you, and Good Luck with your Exchange! (y)

Thank you, and Good Luck with your Exchange! (y)

Back to normal Kupa !!. Rcvd a new unit with v1.004. And their I shall remain until v1.006 is sorted .
Thanks for your good wishes !!.. Cheers

After saying that everything was ok for me with 1.006, I also observed one problem:
- Live view, through cloud, during driving does, indeed, make the camera to disconnect from the cloud, and, I think, also it stops recording. I tried 2 times, and the same. I had to disconnect the power and reconnect the power to the camera.
+ Live view through direct wifi connection (mobile phone to blackvue) works ok
+ In parking mode, live view through the cloud works also ok.

One more observation: From my point of view the fact that wifi is wireless and the data transferred could have interruption should not be a problem for upgrading the firmware by using WiFi. My expectations are that the firmware file is transferred to the camera, then the camera checks if the transfered file is ok (hash & content check) and only if yes, then the firmware starts to be written to the internal eeprom/flash. This should totally avoid the situation when an invalid transferred date is written as firmware and then the device is fully damaged (software not working at all).

Hi Adi Nistor ... Like you I also noticed strange behaviors in my cam

Upgrading from v1.005 to v1.006 with the latest viewer software.... a) Live views were not available via the cloud or Wi-Fi ...b) Cam shutting down immediately after requests for Live Views, Powers down or disconnects randomly.

Downgrading from v1.006 to v1.005 - a) v1.006 remained on the cam. b) Prbs remained after following recommendations to upgrade with formatted SD card without firmware.

I agree with your observation that there should be check procedures before eeprom/flash accepts any programming changes... Not sure however what's happening since my cam appears to accept down grade programming changes and reinitializes while keeping the v1.006 firmware .

There seems to be a prob with v1.006 ... I eventually exchanged my cam for a new unit with v1.004 and will keep this version until hopefully Blackvue make the necessary repairs.

Not sure if this is 1.006 related or not but I had unplugged both my front and rear cams to bring inside for some picture taking and now that I've plugged them back into my car, I'm getting an error on the blackvue app when trying to view the rear camera feed saying check the connection status of my rear cam.

It won't connect to it.:confused:

Not sure if this is 1.006 related or not but I had unplugged both my front and rear cams to bring inside for some picture taking and now that I've plugged them back into my car, I'm getting an error on the blackvue app when trying to view the rear camera feed saying check the connection status of my rear cam.

..... so sorry DashOto. .. im no expert but perhaps cld try backing up needed files.... reformat SD ... do not load firmware on SD ..... reinitilize cam ?.

Thanks @Albee
Just deleted my memory card to give it a shot this afternoon.(y)

Oh jeeze, I better get out there then! :yawn:

I think you have damaged the plug. Check it.

@chris-s I think you could be right.
The rear connection pin looked normal to me, but my front one seems like it could be off a bit.
Little hard to take a picture of.

I'll be pretty sad if that is the case, must be a pretty flimsy pin. :censored:
IMG_1007.jpg

Same thing has happened to a french forum user. He has managed to center the pin again with a precision screwdriver.

In my post #33 I wrote that I sent an email to Pittasoft Support about our problem with v1.006.
I included about all that I wrote in post #26 and #33.
A couple of days later the answer in short from Pittasoft was… :

“ Download v1.006, extract to SD-card, upgrade… if issue still persist, downgrade to v1.005…”

Kind of ignorant answer, that’s what I described to them that I had done several times… not the kind of answer I wanted.
My reply to Support was now a bit harsh (to put it mildly!). I demanded some action on this matter, even included Marketing, Sales an Online Store at Pittasoft as receivers of my reply.

Yesterday I received another answer from Pittasoft, this time the answer had some substance, actually some good news!!

“ We apologize for misunderstanding.
This issue has been raised with our R&D team.
Please stick with version 1.005 for now and our team is working on the new firmware to fix this as soon as possible.
Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards.
Blackvue Support Team ”

As I see it, they have finally done some proper testing and found a bug in v1.006.
This sounds promising, now we just have to wait and see!!

In the meantime, are they going to make the earlier version available for download so thet people can fix the units that they have broken?

In the meantime, are they going to make the earlier version available for download so thet people can fix the units that they have broken?

In the first answer from Support I was given a link to "dr750s-2ch-v1.005-eng.zip", i guess everybody can use that link as long as Support keeps the file there.
Here we go:

dr750s-2ch-v1.005-eng.zip

@chris-s I think you could be right.
The rear connection pin looked normal to me, but my front one seems like it could be off a bit.
Little hard to take a picture of.

I'll be pretty sad if that is the case, must be a pretty flimsy pin. :censored:

Good news! I was able to fix it by realigning the pin (maybe, it didn't really seem like I was moving it).
It could be that it's touchy on how it plugs in.

Had my camera dangling on the power cord out of the mount trying to fix it - and once it was fixed... I started cursing to myself because I had to unplug it to be able to put it back in the mount.
Stopped working after that.
Played with the pin and got it working again :whistle:

Thankfully you don't have to unplug the rear cable from the camera to remove the latch for the SD card.

In the first answer from Support I was given a link to "dr750s-2ch-v1.005-eng.zip", i guess everybody can use that link as long as Support keeps the file there.
Here we go:
Any update if the Ver. 1.006 is ok?
Thanks

Better wait for 1.007

Back