Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro - Heat

XiXhanti

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the Nexus 4 pro suspose to get super hot driving 30min with AC on in 90 degree weather?
Thanks

Most dash cams do get quite hot during operation, even if it's in AC environment. There's always the sunlight beating on it.

Is the Nexus 4 pro suspose to get super hot driving 30min with AC on in 90 degree weather?
Thanks
According to my observations, the high temperature for the N4 Pro, and even with the air conditioner turned on, is not at all a problem.

Welcome to the forum XiXhanti.

There are no aircon in my little car, the Vantrue N5 or for that matter any other dashcam i have used / tested in the past 10 years have never overheated.
BUT ! Some do indeed get insanely / very hot, same go for my Osmo action camera, record 4K/60 on that for say 10 - 15 minutes, and you will be very unwise to touch some parts of it up against thin skin, and even on thick skin you will probably remove it fast.

All modern dashcams have a build in overheat protection, most often used in relation to parking guard duty parked in the sun, but it is also on if / when you just drive merrily along.

Back