Vantrue N5: 4 channel dashcam with industry-leading advanced features.

I have been wondering if AI are able to run totally local, or a remote server is needed to do calculations.
I assume some things will need a lot of compute power to handle, just not aware how much you can do in a given chip itself.

I have not looked into it to see if my Dahua CCTV get remote help for its smart motion detect.

Some times i feel that even if i have been on board since the very start of personal computing and so on, and even if i have some interest in keeping up, well some days i just feel like OMG you are so far behind the curve Brian.

At present, vantrue dashcam motion detection range is directly realized by the algorithm of Sensor and chipset itself. Comparing different frame rates, and start recording when the difference is greater than the set threshold; In terms of region setting, only local recognition is done through the custom detection range, ignoring the area outside the selection range, which is an exclusive design of Vantrue dashcam.

We are still testing AI intelligence detection on our new product.
Thanks for the clarification as I misunderstood your previous post thinking the Vantrue Dashcam has true AI but it doesn't. It would certainly be a first for dash cams though when implemented.

Vantrue Dashcam's motion detection area setting allows you to define specific regions for motion detection manually within a given camera's field of view.

Selecting a focus area while in park mode?
I couldn't find this option on the S2.
The generic statement implies the S2 is capable of doing this.

I expect other reviewers will show this fantastic feature at some point.

Perhaps this feature is implemented only in N5?

After your post i checked a couple of YouTube videos e parking specifically for parking and I didn't find anyone mentioning this great feature.

On the link you supplied a link on that page says they don't have any eg out of stock! I thought this was still in testing.

Perhaps it is only in the N5 but Jeff wrote it as if all Vantrue dashcams have it which is misleading the reader.

Generalisations from a representative doesn't help the consumer.

Did it seem to me, or are we really in the topic of discussion on Vantrue N5? ;)

Sorry for having supplied incomplete information. So far, only the N5 and N4 Pro have a motion area detection setting. I am confirming with the product department whether other models can use this function through any upgrading methods.

Last edited:
It could be a SOC thing, me assuming the N5 and N4 PRO have the same heart.

Sorry for having supplied incomplete information. So far, only the N5 and N4 Pro have a motion area detection setting. I am confirming with the product department whether other models can use this function through any upgrading methods.
Thank you for clarifying.
It looks like a great feature that is worth demonstrating in reviews.

No need to say thanks; and so far this feature is implemented only in N5 and N4 Pro, other models need to be evaluated to determine whether they can support this feature in the future.

Thanks for the answer.

A hardwire kit is not a bad option. When the voltage limit is undercut, the hardwire kit shuts down. A now weakened starter battery, which no longer starts the car is a stupid situation.
In addition, one should also consider: Low temperatures have a negative effect on the performance of car batteries. Even at 0 degrees Celsius, a battery loses about 30 percent of its starting power.
Here where I live, the area is also called Baden Siberia, because -20°C in winter is nothing unusual.

An empty battery pack LifePo4 or whatever, also makes no more records, but the starter battery is now not weakened in addition by the Hardwire Kit and the starter battery still has power to start the car.

- The remote control unit for N5 can be purchased separately. Okay. The question was where? In any case, it is not listed in the accessories.

View attachment 65063

Clearly, I like the N5 a lot, though I would like to see the system in 4K. What I would also like is a plugin system that you can connect other camera systems to the main system.

So I would mount two more dashcams (same resolution, same viewing angle) by the rear side windows, which are not irrelevant in parking mode and have a much better view (without interior obstruction) to the side outside.
That's something manufacturers should think about.

In how far 60fps or more affect the image sharpness in a dashcam, I do not know. I only know as a photographer with a DSLM and video function that fast objects are better reproduced with 120fps than with 25/30/50/60fps.

My favorite would be the N5 with 4K resolution, 2 more dashcams (2K or higher) on the side rear windows, a remote control (A remote with custom programmable buttons would be cool) and a battery pack. The favorite battery pack I have already selected with Power Core 6200LFP Pro and the Power Core 13400LFP. That should hold out for a few days even for a power-hungry system.
Hi there. I'm eyeing on this 6200LFP battery pack but I can't find reviews about it. Did you end up buying this? How is it performing?

Back