Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro 3CH 4K / My introduction to the new model.

GPS module N4 Pro and N5
GAM-1818-GKBD is GPS & BeiDou antenna module based on GK9501 single chip. This chip support GPS, Glonass, BeiDou and Galileo GNSS but antenna support only GPS & BeiDou. I recheck this info by myself then receive my Vantrue N4 Pro.

N4 Pro rear camera issue with focus when heated while working? In addition, the stamp on the video is not displayed.
The first screen was taken about five minutes after turning on the N4 Pro, the second screen was taken 65 minutes after the first one.

8.50.jpg 9.55.jpg

N4 Pro rear camera issue with focus when heated while working? In addition, the stamp on the video is not displayed.
The first screen was taken about five minutes after turning on the N4 Pro, the second screen was taken 65 minutes after the first one.

View attachment 66805 View attachment 66806

Think I'm coming to the same conclusion with the Vantrue N4 Pro. Rear camera have focus issues after using for some time.

View attachment 66805 View attachment 66806
You sure that's a focus issue? Looks to me like motion blur and/or over compression of the image than optically out of focus.

You sure that's a focus issue? Looks to me like motion blur and/or over compression of the image than optically out of focus.
Why is everything ok in the first screenshot?
I've watched enough video files to come to that conclusion.

Why is everything ok in the first screenshot?
I've watched enough video files to come to that conclusion.
Maybe some other heat or time related problem. Could be a software bug. Just suggesting it may not be optical blur (caused by the lens itself somehow going out of focus - after all, it's a fixed focus fixed zoom lens with no aperture adjustment mechanism either)

Did you take both samples whilst the car was stationary? If not at he same speed? Both roads smooth? File sizes about the same? HDR off? Does is there meta data in the recording that compares the same? etc

Would be interesting to take photos to compare at this time. If they're equally sharp, it's a software/video recording issue, not an optical/lens issue.

Last edited:
In N4 Pro, voice commands are disabled. G-sensor settings are off. Audio recording is disabled.
But while driving, if there is a lively conversation in the car, the DVR itself takes a photo and sometimes protects the video.
Video protection is sometimes done even if only music is playing in the car.
Where did you disable them (app or camera), and are they still set that way? Reason for asking is I have found HDR settings do not stick (off) when using the (Android) app, but do when configuring the same settings directly on the camera... Maybe it's the same for some other settings.

Where did you disable them (app or camera), and are they still set that way? Reason for asking is I have found HDR settings do not stick (off) when using the (Android) app, but do when configuring the same settings directly on the camera... Maybe it's the same for some other settings.
Do you think I saw a DVR for the first time in my life?
My settings made in the application are saved on N4 PRO and N5. Smartphone with android.

Do you think I saw a DVR for the first time in my life?
My settings made in the application are saved on N4 PRO and N5. Smartphone with android.
I'm just sharing that in my case some of the settings made in the Android app do not actually get retained in the camera - a bug. You have my apologies if sharing that upsets you, that was not my intent.

Maybe some other heat or time related problem. Could be a software bug. Just suggesting it may not be optical blur (caused by the lens itself somehow going out of focus - after all, it's a fixed focus fixed zoom lens with no aperture adjustment mechanism either)
Practice on your copy a little longer at different temperatures and then share your findings with us.
If I have not yet found problems with the rear camera in my N5, then I do not declare them.

I'm just sharing that in my case some of the settings made in the Android app do not actually get retained in the camera - a bug. You have my apologies if sharing that upsets you, that was not my intent.
It's all checked and more than once.
The DVR was tested for a long time on the table, even before installation in the car.

If I have not yet found problems with the rear camera in my N5, then I do not declare them.
I'm sure the problems you are reporting are genuine. The second photo doesn't look right compared to the first.

I'm sure the problems you are reporting are genuine. The second photo doesn't look right compared to the first.
Because it is made after 70 minutes of operation of the DVR.
The temperature outside was about +27 degrees Celsius.
The rear window is not cooled.

If everything goes well with the focus in winter, then I will tell you.
If I don't get tired of this model before winter.

What was the temp in the car set to (you have aircon)?
Between the video files from which the screenshots were taken, 65 minutes and most of the time the car was in the parking lot,
so there is almost no sense from the air conditioner for the rear camera.

Back