Vantrue Nexus 4 Pro 3CH 4K / My introduction to the new model.

Wonder what a better model would have been to use for rear sensor, perhaps IMX335 Starvis 1, or maybe too cost prohibitive for that one ...
I don't think the problem is with the sensor. Most likely in its settings.
Here is a screenshot from N5. The sensors are the same. The picture is better than the N4 Pro, but if you configure it it will be even better.

20230727_103839_0247_N_D.MP4_snapshot_00.05_[2023.09.15_23.09.16].jpg

I don't think the problem is with the sensor. Most likely in its settings.
Here is a screenshot from N5. The sensors are the same. The picture is better than the N4 Pro, but if you configure it it will be even better.

View attachment 67487
That is quite the stark difference, hopefully something fixable in firmware, if not fully then at least partially...

This is already a high cost product, if the best range is only going to be around the 4 meter mark, it’s going to become an over priced high end product, unless it is just setup glitch.

This is already a high cost product, if the best range is only going to be around the 4 meter mark, it’s going to become an over priced high end product, unless it is just setup glitch.
Going on what Kara said it shouldn't even be an issue, seems more like a glitch :/

Just wondering if anyone here on DCT knows what brand and model the wifi chip is in the N4 Pro? Piqued my curiosity ..

Just wondering if anyone here on DCT knows what brand and model the wifi chip is in the N4 Pro? Piqued my curiosity ..
Perhaps this will satisfy your curiosity...

Attachments

• WIFI-5G-FCC-test-report-part-2-6548721.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 10
The rear camera captures objects and objects at a distance of about four meters well, either at the beginning of the trip or at the end.
But for some reason everything that is further is blurry.
Same issue for me. Everything more than 50cm-100cm away is unreadable. It seems like a focus problem that is not heat related.
Jeff is informed but I haven't heard back yet.

Same issue for me. Everything more than 50cm-100cm away is unreadable. It seems like a focus problem that is not heat related.
Jeff is informed but I haven't heard back yet.
You need to disassemble the rear camera and adjust the lens.

I can see that being an okay option for the likes of testers. But not very practiced for the general public who go out and buy a plug and play dashcam.

I can see that being an okay option for the likes of testers. But not very practiced for the general public who go out and buy a plug and play dashcam.
Very true, should be a recall or something perhaps...

Is everyone having a rear cam focus problem?

I have a pre-production model as well. I can't speak for production models.
Guessing I do as well then?, I only received mine a few weeks back ..

So I did a recording today: Rear camera clarity

This look like it's blurry or there are just compression artifacts? HDR was off, by the way.
Think you've also ran into the same focus issues we're all having too :(

Back